So, is the south side of Indy truly like this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Not being from the area, this post on Armslist struck me as a bit off. Is crime that bad on the south side, or is this just another sketchy Armslist post afoot?

Any south siders that can weigh in, or our resident constabulary?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I don't think so..... but Southside covers a broad swath.
    I live South in a nice neighborhood.
    There is a lot of rural areas around us. Lots of farm boys and rednecks (me) .
    I will mention that Johnson Co. has the most gun permits of any County in Indiana. Makes me feel safer when out and about.
    I did hear of a varmit consuming someone's dog a couple of days ago not far from here. The shots may have been a follow up to this.?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Sheesh. Bet he'll get a handgun, put it away, never practice with it then wonder why the bad men beat the crap out of him and take it from him when it goes "click" instead of BANG! Or, bad gun will go bang on it's own when he or a relative coon fingers it and he'll yell from the rooftops about how guns are bad.:xmad:

Bob

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hate armslist. Anytime I've ever responded to an ad or the couple times I've listed on there, people responding always seemed shady. No one uses a real email addy. So you never know who your really talking to. It's too shady for me. Not worth getting killed for a gun deal

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There are reports of shots fired on the near southside quite a bit. Usually just hilljacks making noise. Usually.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've bought and sold quite a bit on there. Everyone I've dealt with was fine.

Actually, the only shady guy I've dealt with was from INGO...

:dunno:

I hate armslist. Anytime I've ever responded to an ad or the couple times I've listed on there, people responding always seemed shady. No one uses a real email addy. So you never know who your really talking to. It's too shady for me. Not worth getting killed for a gun deal

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    South-side could mean some very different things. Univercity Heights, Perry, And Greenwood all have a very different feel to them. I live in Greenwood, and this is in no way a representation of how I feel about my area.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    To comment on the South Side question, I've got a buddy that lives on "the South Side." He's just south of downtown in a very nice neighborhood. But just about 3 streets over, it's REALLY shady. I would be concerned about the area.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    typical armslist BS , I saw a pistol I wanted for a decent price, e-mailed the guy which was a direct e-mail and used the contact seller option, never heard anything, probably fishing for e-mail adds.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    South side? Which part? Garfield park area with the apartments with the gang rights spray painted all over them? It wouldn't surprise me a bit, other areas, I couldn't imagine. Like anywhere else, it just depends on what area of the south side you in.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If you can't take care of the problem with a .32 revolver,belt sander and a corded power drill. Do you really have a problem?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    But... but... but... the ad says the Buyer already has a .32. Has a handgun to trade but needs a couple of handguns?

Welcome to the "You've just been spoofed by the MDA libtards trying to 'prove' something" listing...

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    I can't believe this guy doesn't know that the best gun shop in the world is just right up the road. I thought everyone in Indy knew about Dons Guns!!!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I can't believe this guy doesn't know that the best gun shop in the world is just right up the road. I thought everyone in Indy knew about Dons Guns!!!
    Dude said he ain't got no money, and don would turn that drill around on him in some mafia inspired torture if he tried trading it in his store!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Sounds to me like a typical "wheeler dealer" that bought some used tools cheap (yard sale, pawn shop) and wants to try his hand at trading up.
    Manufactures fake sob story.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Just heard two shots off in the distance and it made me think of this thread. Please know, Mars Hill is southwest side and not to be lumped in with those other shady sides of town. I am confident that gun fire was all in good fun... probably.

Do not fear I have a Raven .25 around here somewhere and an orbital sander close at hand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom