• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I turned away from the back door to pick up floor mats and I hear the back door open and then I hear," GIVE ME THE MONEY! GIVE ME THE MONEY!" Without thinking twice I drew from CC but did not train my weapon in the direction of the voice right away as I have been taught to assess before pointing

Just a thought....
    So you drew, then assessed? If it had been a robery and there was a 12ga pointed at your noggin before the demands were even shouted, what do you think the outcome might have been?

-rvb

adsVA83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If you're speaking for the ripple (which I believe you are), I live there and have noticed the exact same thing. There is a certain element that has been there more and more often over the last few months, and coincidently enough the amount of robberies and problems has gone up significantly. I used to not carry very often when I go out there but now I have the LCR on me everytime i go out.

It's nice to know some of the security staff carries, not just relying on brute force.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I worked at as a waiter in a bar/pub, years ago. My manager had a closing time incident. There were 2-3 regulars still in the bar. A guy with a mask and gun came in and demanded money. My manager thought it was a friend playing a joke, and said. "Hey Joe, cut if out!" The masked man said "I'm not Joe." then the would-be robbed decided to leave, like he got nervous. So my Manager started carrying a pocket pistol after that.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I worked at as a waiter in a bar/pub, years ago. My manager had a closing time incident. There were 2-3 regulars still in the bar. A guy with a mask and gun came in and demanded money. My manager thought it was a friend playing a joke, and said. "Hey Joe, cut if out!" The masked man said "I'm not Joe." then the would-be robbed decided to leave, like he got nervous. So my Manager started carrying a pocket pistol after that.

Jeez, that bad guy wasn't very motivated.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN

You know it's time to reconsider your choice of profession as an armed robber when you go to rob a place and they laugh at you :):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you're speaking for the ripple (which I believe you are), I live there and have noticed the exact same thing. There is a certain element that has been there more and more often over the last few months, and coincidently enough the amount of robberies and problems has gone up significantly. I used to not carry very often when I go out there but now I have the LCR on me everytime i go out.

It's nice to know some of the security staff carries, not just relying on brute force.

Take it from me...Broad Ripple at night has become a cesspool. So much so that they are detailing on-duty ERG (our riot control) to run the thugs out at closing time. When I say "thugs" I meant it. They are busy throwing gang signs to rival gangs across the street. Many do not even go into any of the businesses but rather hang out on the sidewalk making it difficult for patrons to enter the bars...they clog up the sidewalks. At night...no way I would go up there unless I was looking for trouble. During the day...no problem.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a thought....
    So you drew, then assessed? If it had been a robery and there was a 12ga pointed at your noggin before the demands were even shouted, what do you think the outcome might have been?

-rvb

My thought also...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Question, as I am unfamiliar with glocks but I do read things, are the 30's the ones that blow up spraying shrapnel to all those that are near?

No, that is the Glock 44. People get the models mixed up all the time.;)

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Take it from me...Broad Ripple at night has become a cesspool. So much so that they are detailing on-duty ERG (our riot control) to run the thugs out at closing time. When I say "thugs" I meant it. They are busy throwing gang signs to rival gangs across the street. Many do not even go into any of the businesses but rather hang out on the sidewalk making it difficult for patrons to enter the bars...they clog up the sidewalks. At night...no way I would go up there unless I was looking for trouble. During the day...no problem.

I have actually spoken to the ERG while they were moving the loitering thugs around broad ripple.... They are not joking what so ever when it comes to that kind of trouble.... I don't get the whole "Let's hang out on the sidewalks and see if we can pick up women coming out of the bars and if not lets throw up gang signs to rival gangs and see if we can get into some trouble" attitude I have seen recently..... Also alot of the issues have come from minors hanging out in Broad Ripple around 2-3 am.... I don't get it

Just a thought....

-rvb

When nobody but staff is in the bar, all of the music is cut off so I can hear every exterior door on the building open and close so I knew that nobody would have been close enough or even have the sight line to even know I was behind the back bar

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have actually spoken to the ERG while they were moving the loitering thugs around broad ripple.... They are not joking what so ever when it comes to that kind of trouble.... I don't get the whole "Let's hang out on the sidewalks and see if we can pick up women coming out of the bars and if not lets throw up gang signs to rival gangs and see if we can get into some trouble" attitude I have seen recently..... Also alot of the issues have come from minors hanging out in Broad Ripple around 2-3 am.... I don't get it

When nobody but staff is in the bar, all of the music is cut off so I can hear every exterior door on the building open and close so I knew that nobody would have been close enough or even have the sight line to even know I was behind the back bar
    I'm on ERG as well but lucky for me I work day shift so I won't have to deal with that.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Your lucky it was a stupid patron. During my many years doing part time bar security, I had to draw twice and could have at least 2-3 more times. The most dramatic time included me and three guys carrying tire irons.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You know it's time to reconsider your choice of profession as an armed robber when you go to rob a place and they laugh at you :):

Yes, and my boss was a great guy. He took security a bit more serious after that. He was very lucky the would-be-robber got cold feet!

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Hopefully 1) my co-worker learned a valuable lesson and 2) ERG in Broad Ripple on weekends will get most if not all the thuggish riff raff out of there soon because it hurts every business out there

Top Bottom