• ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    From the article:
    Additionally, Ohio will begin issuing CHL’s to non-residents who work in Ohio. This is critical for school employees, because the exemption for possessing firearms in school zones (including within 1,000 feet from the perimeter) only applies to licenses issued from the state in which the school is located. Reciprocity agreements are useless.
    This is the evil fine print.
    If you look at a map of a city, 1000 ft of a school means, practically, the whole city.
    There had to be something stuck in there to badger hapless out of staters with.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    From the article:This is the evil fine print.
    If you look at a map of a city, 1000 ft of a school means, practically, the whole city.
    There had to be something stuck in there to badger hapless out of staters with.
    That works for me still. This reciprocity just makes it easier to get to Pittsburgh while remaining armed.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes those parts of the expressway between my home town (Detroit) and Indy through (as a Wolverine, I hate to say it) Ohio will make the commute easier on the mind, stick to the speed limit though while driving through.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Got a ticket for 4 over in Ohio. They're serious about their speed limits over there :laugh:

Yes those parts of the expressway between my home town (Detroit) and Indy through (as a Wolverine, I hate to say it) Ohio will make the commute easier on the mind, stick to the speed limit though while driving through.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Even if it is legal it will take years before ALL of the cops in Ohio get with that program. Ohio cops are, for the most, a gang of jack booted thugs. A lot of them would just as soon shoot you and fill out the paperwork and go home. They have held the view that anyone with a gun and no badge is a bad guy for many years.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's hard enough keeping up where you can and can't carry in your own state. I'm nervous to carry in Ohio for the simple fact a mistake can have dire consequences.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It's hard enough keeping up where you can and can't carry in your own state. I'm nervous to carry in Ohio for the simple fact a mistake can have dire consequences.

You have nicely surmised the root of control over a people heavily legislated, make everyone a criminal (or close to it) and the threat of arbitrary consequences will keep most of them in line.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    We should change our name to the Kind Of Sort Of United States. "Yeah, you can do that here but step across that imaginary line and do it and we'll throw you in jail and take yer money."

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH

Is it that bad? I Work with a couple cops who are big into guns and rights. Also was pulled over recently with expired tags and drivers license. Was given a warning and he actually thanked me for carrying, said he wished more people would carry.

Myabe be the bigger cities can be a bit liberal but most of the state is good, conservative folks. The state government has been working hard to promote gun rights, reciprocity is a good example.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Got a ticket for 4 over in Ohio. They're serious about their speed limits over there :laugh:

Nah. They're serious about imposing a highway tax on out of state drivers. Our lack of front license plates make us easy pickins.;)

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Is it that bad? I Work with a couple cops who are big into guns and rights. Also was pulled over recently with expired tags and drivers license. Was given a warning and he actually thanked me for carrying, said he wished more people would carry.

Myabe be the bigger cities can be a bit liberal but most of the state is good, conservative folks. The state government has been working hard to promote gun rights, reciprocity is a good example.
    I go to Wisconsin more than Ohio. Found myself with some time on my hands and went to a sporting good store. WI does have concealed carry, but signs have force of law. You seen "no gun" signs everywhere. I started BSing with the guy at the counter and asked what's up with all those signs. If you're carrying in WI, you have to be real attentive to where you're going. How many threads are in here with people wanting clarification on their own state laws? If it's that hard to keep up with your own state, the question of ignorance in another state is a real issue.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    So having only a indiana ltch you cant drive past a school with a firearm in ohio?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So having only a indiana ltch you cant drive past a school with a firearm in ohio?

It would be more accurate to say that you can't be within a 1000 ft school zone with a gun anywhere outside of Indiana (the licensing state).

Just another poorly conceived and crafted federal code at play there.

Top Bottom