• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    So which one of you guys is going to cash in on the massive gaping hole left in the Indiana gun market and build a shop in the Muncie area? :popcorn:

Seriously, is anyone thinking about it? I've seen a lot of this great state in the last few weeks ever since the local gun shop...uh..."closed". I've stumbled in to quite a few stores lately and when I tell them I'm coming from Muncie the answer is always the same. "We've been getting a lot of that lately."

Just didn't know if anyone was seriously kicking the idea around, whether it's a first timer or another shop owner looking to expand into the area. There's a market here begging to be tapped! I can't take the smell of Dunham's anymore! HALP!

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Still got Prairie Creek pawn down at 5-points right? I always liked that guy. Kept his prices fairly low. Then there's always Dunhams. Also American Jewelry and Loan.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    A guy I work with says he and his brother are going to open a shop in Winchester, but I'm not sure if they really will. He kinda talks about things and never does them.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    My cousin and I actually looked into opening a fun shop in Muncie even while Ludco was still open. If it weren't so expensive to get opened up I'm sure someone would do it, but after reading everything it would take, you'd need close to $500,000 to just get your shop open. That would include a decent array of firearms, your license, safes, display cases, and maybe first 3 months rent.

If anyone does decide to open one, I know of someone looking for a full time job. :)

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    While we are dreaming, a nice indoor range and training facility would be a wonderful addition to the new gun shop!

By the way, MC Sports in Muncie has a decent selection and runs sales pretty regularly with decent prices. When I've been there, the guys that work the counter are pretty nice and knowledgeable also.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    While we are dreaming, a nice indoor range and training facility would be a wonderful addition to the new gun shop!

By the way, MC Sports in Muncie has a decent selection and runs sales pretty regularly with decent prices. When I've been there, the guys that work the counter are pretty nice and knowledgeable also.

Agreed, they're all good guys back there, but their corporate office seems to really have them by the balls. All the employees that I've talked to there want to beef up their inventory like crazy (it has to be the biggest draw to the Muncie store) but their corporate office gets miffy because they're a "sporting goods store, not a gun store" :rolleyes: Until they can convince their corporate overlords that they're missing out on tons of money in sales, they can't really do much. Same thing with them not 7.62 rifle rounds, even though they sell rifles that use them. Another tragic case of the employees knowing better than the big-wigs.

I'd never heard of Ricochet, will probably check that out this week/weekend.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN

I've been in MC Sports several times myself lately just to keep an eye on what they have. They do a pretty good job.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    I'd never heard of Ricochet, will probably check that out this week/weekend.

586 West 200 South, Hartford City
    Normal hours are 4-8pm Tue to Fri, 11 am- 3 pm Sat. , Fri and Sat may be iffy on him being open because of gun shows, 765 348 4540.
    (Only one show left this season , 5/21-22 , Ft Wayne)

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Hey there from another guy in Muncie, I too would like to see an actual gun store open up in the Muncie area with a shooting range... but I really think as it stands right now, it's only a pipe dream.

As others have said, MC Sports has a decent selection on guns, as does Dunhams, and Prarie Creek Pawn. But as Steven pointed out, Ricochet guns in Hartford City has many guns to choose from compared to the places mentioned above. He also has good prices and is fair with trades. I have done business with him many times in the past and would give him an A+.

jason

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Delaware Co.

There is the Muncie Indoor Range on 12th street, a block east of Batavia.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I actually went to that range this past week. It's a nice range but you have to be a member to shoot there. I was told the first year is like $135 and the following years are $90 something...I was also told there is currently a waiting list.. so that is something to think about as well..

Also there is a 5 round limit per mag, and nothing bigger then 22LR in terms of rifle shooting. As for pistols you can't shooting anything bigger then 44 magnum to my knowledge I could be wrong, but I know for a fact you can't shoot anything in 50 caliber.

I just think it would be nice if we had an indoor range that you could come in and pay by the hour as you shoot.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I was there a few weeks ago. It's ok, and bedded down my shooting bug for the week, but I'm not planning on joining. I kept getting hit in the face and body by bullet shrapnel bouncing back off the "back stop" which looks like it consisted of a couple pieces of steel and hanging chains.

I'll certainly check out Ricochet, my father-in-law lives up in Hartford and I usually shoot out at his place as well so I could make a heck of a day out of it :)

I say we Ingo Muncie-ites buy the old Borg Warner building and turn it into a range. Who's got a few spare million?

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    There's a gun store in Alexandria which isn't too far from Muncie. It's a smaller shop and he's set up at some of the Muncie Gun shows so I'm sure you guys know about that already.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom