n2ygx5.jpg

We just got in from playing in the fun!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Here's my dogs playing in the first wave of snow, I think their looking forward to the next snowfall :D

YouTube - Puppies playing in the White Death

LOL, that's awesome...The little one's got a couple of steps on the bigger one.:D

Did I hear a clicker? Is that a good training tool for labs?

As far as I know, that's a good training tool on any semi-intelligent dog...Off of the top of my head, I couldn't name all of the breeds I've seen it effectively used on, but it's been a bunch and labs are definitely one of them.

BTW, what breed of dog is that?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    THATS A COOL LOOKING SNOW MACHINE!!!!WHAT IS IT?

Its a 1972 Snow Trac. They were used by the British Royal Commandos during the 'cold war' era to patrol the Russian border along Norway under NATO command. There were several configurations. Mine is the standard cabin, seats 7. They also used them for military ambulances, as anti-tank gun carriers and for several other uses. They were equally suitable for use in deserts on sand and were used in Africa. A shipload of them were lost during the Falklands War. They are tough little machines, can go just about anywhere, will climb slopes that would flip over a Jeep. There were eventually replaced by the Volvo BV202, which was later replaced by the BV206. Not sure what replaced the BV206.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    LOL, that's awesome...The little one's got a couple of steps on the bigger one.:D

As far as I know, that's a good training tool on any semi-intelligent dog...Off of the top of my head, I couldn't name all of the breeds I've seen it effectively used on, but it's been a bunch and labs are definitely one of them.

BTW, what breed of dog is that?[/quote]

The larger dog is a Boxer/Shepard mix, the smaller one is a Boxer/Beagle mix. We rescued both from different areas, but by their coloring and character one would think their related. :yesway: :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

BTW, what breed of dog is that?[/quote]

The larger dog is a Boxer/Shepard mix, the smaller one is a Boxer/Beagle mix. We rescued both from different areas, but by their coloring and character one would think their related. :yesway: :D

HAHA, YES!

That's what threw me off.:n00b:

From the grainy youtube video, I just saw some sort of shepherd, but had NO idea what they could have been...From their characters, I have no doubt they have a lot of Boxer in them.:):

One would be really hard pressed to find a sweeter, happier and more playful dog than a Boxer.

Leonidas'(my 4 month old GSD) best friend is a 3 year old Boxer and they looked like that the other day when playing in the snow(except the bigger and older one was faster).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You officially have the most obscure toy in the universe :):

That's the coolest toy I've ever seen!! Needs a plow tho :D

NO PLOW, that would turn a fun toy into something that requires work :xmad:

But you can get trail drags, tillers, slope groomers, etc for these things. Oh, but if you outfit it the way the NATO forces did it, you put a WOMBAT anti-tank gun on top :yesway:
    Wombat-carrier-variant.jpg

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    NO PLOW, that would turn a fun toy into something that requires work :xmad:

But you can get trail drags, tillers, slope groomers, etc for these things. Oh, but if you outfit it the way the NATO forces did it, you put a WOMBAT anti-tank gun on top :yesway:

Wombat-carrier-variant.jpg

I'd love to see the look on the DNR RO's face if one of those were to roll into Wilbur Wright :D

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    HAHA, YES!

That's what threw me off.:n00b:

From the grainy youtube video, I just saw some sort of shepherd, but had NO idea what they could have been...From their characters, I have no doubt they have a lot of Boxer in them.:):

One would be really hard pressed to find a sweeter, happier and more playful dog than a Boxer.

Leonidas'(my 4 month old GSD) best friend is a 3 year old Boxer and they looked like that the other day when playing in the snow(except the bigger and older one was faster).

lol yeah the little dog (Anna) has crazy legs, she fakes Indy out all the time. She lets him catch up, sometimes though. :D

Top Bottom