• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw some yesterday.
    Pretty. Would like to pop one and have a mount done.
    Dunno diddly about em, where best state ground to hunt late in season.
    Used to hunt Canada geese w success years ago.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Went to Illinois for snow goose hunt. It was fun. We didn't get many that day. My buddys went to same place the next to year and absolutely cleaned up on them. Willow creek outfitters

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Illinois, missouri, iowa, South Dakokta, Kansas, all have good hunting. I've gone to Illinois a few times. We always killed birds, but never really hit it perfect.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    This is the guy I've gone with a few times. Great guy, great accommodations, always killed birds, never timed it just right to slay them. If I go again, I'll go with him. To time it perfect, you need to forcast weather correctly a month out, and he can't do that.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    We used to make a trip to Northwest Missouri almost every spring to hunt them. That was 20 years ago, and at that time they didn't come east if the Mississippi in large numbers. About 5 years ago, we tried a place in Southern IL. The hunting was slow, but there were lots of birds. I have heard that some areas of Southwest IN are starting to get quite a few snows.

It's definitely a matter of timing. Ideally you want to hunt the juvenile birds, which are typically not the first ones to come north in the spring. If you decide to go, do some research into the local guides. There are some good ones, and a lot of hacks...

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    We used to make a trip to Northwest Missouri almost every spring to hunt them. That was 20 years ago, and at that time they didn't come east if the Mississippi in large numbers. About 5 years ago, we tried a place in Southern IL. The hunting was slow, but there were lots of birds. I have heard that some areas of Southwest IN are starting to get quite a few snows.

It's definitely a matter of timing. Ideally you want to hunt the juvenile birds, which are typically not the first ones to come north in the spring. If you decide to go, do some research into the local guides. There are some good ones, and a lot of hacks...

Those were some great trips. I still miss the ribeyes at Quackers. I don’t miss the green summer sausage.

Top Bottom