• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Snagged a Uberti/Cimarron Colt .44 1860 Revolver on Gunbroker. I put in a bid at a low price which was just enough to trip the reserve and i'll be darned if it didn't stick and i WON! This pistol normally sells for $340 and i snagged it for $226 and not to mention it's new and unfired. Love the smell of black powder in the morning!

pix757536070.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I gotta tell ya folks. If you have never tried black powder pistol shootin' your really missing out. Sure it takes a bit of time in between cylinder loads but it's literally a blast.

To save on cost I cast my own round ball and make my own cylinder wads. Basically my only costs are powder and caps. I try and stick with Goex but Pyrodex P works ok in a pinch.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've tried BP revolvers. My first handgun was a 1851 Navy brass frame gun back in the 70s. Liked it ok but I'm too lazy . I like the looks and feel of the old open top guns, need to get myself a cartridge version.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've tried BP revolvers. My first handgun was a 1851 Navy brass frame gun back in the 70s. Liked it ok but I'm too lazy . I like the looks and feel of the old open top guns, need to get myself a cartridge version.

I now have 4 BP pistols and have always considered a conversion cylinder for shooting 45 LC from one of them. This 1860 would be the perfect candidate for that. Hmm, now you got me thinking seriously about it. Only drawback is the cost of the 45 LC brass but i think it may still be doable.

I can always count on you guys to help me spend my money! ;)

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    You also gotta love the direct to your door delivery because it's Black Powder !
    I've added a few of them to my collection also. They truely were some of the first guns of the Old West.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    UPS give me some fits getting the gun shipped and said it's now their company policy to not ship black powder related firearms. Even though their not considered firearms since their antique replicas but hey, it's their business so i'll take it elsewhere. USPS on the other hand had no problem with it and promply shipped it to me.

Well, what can I say. Another one just made it here a few days back and i've already christened it at the range.

Pietta 1858 Stainless New Army

689b650b.jpg

Top Bottom