• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I bought a propane smoker last Fall from Principal Skiner, here on INGO. Used it a few times late fall+winter..

Today I have FOUR large Pork Loins+a half of Turkey in it...MAN it smells good...Bill.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    hmm Please do tell where you are, I will bring my DL and LTCH. maybe we can work a trade

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Let those pork loins drip on that turkey. When you have some time look at apple reciepes in the slow cooker. Go great with pork. Good apples are hard to find now as we had a poor season last year.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Take a pork loin and marinade it overnight in a 50/50 solution of Frank's hot sauce and apple cider vinegar before you smoke it. Put the loin and the marinade in a big zip lock bag, squeeze all the air out and let it sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours. Then, wrap it in as much bacon as you can get it to hold and smoke it with apple or pear wood.

Sorry if this is mis-spelled, but I'm drooling on the keyboard.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    7 hours at 220 degrees-Hickory+Mesquite wood=They came out GREAT...

WISH you all were here----NOT---Bill..
    Was the turkey skin on or skin-off? 350 finishes off the skin of turkeys much nicer. When I saw your first post I questioned that but decided that maybe you were smoking the pork-loins at the higher than ideal temp vs the turkey at the lower than ideal temp.

Not knocking it, I've done it that way before too, but I wasn't really happy. My turkey is always better if I do it at 350.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Take a pork loin and marinade it overnight in a 50/50 solution of Frank's hot sauce and apple cider vinegar before you smoke it. Put the loin and the marinade in a big zip lock bag, squeeze all the air out and let it sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours. Then, wrap it in as much bacon as you can get it to hold and smoke it with apple or pear wood.

Sorry if this is mis-spelled, but I'm drooling on the keyboard.

Then, peel the bacon off, discard the loin, and eat the bacon! :D

Top Bottom