• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So have a broke cylinder stop and trying to find info on gun so I can get the correct part. It’s a 38 special revolver, smith and Wesson, 4 screws on side plate and one more under trigger (5screw?) serial number 107xxx. Not sure of model. Any info would be great.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So have a broke cylinder stop and trying to find info on gun so I can get the correct part. It’s a 38 special revolver, smith and Wesson, 4 screws on side plate and one more under trigger (5screw?) serial number 107xxx. Not sure of model. Any info would be great.
    Is this a J-frame? I'm leaning towards no. A pic would help. Per below 4 screw sideplate ended in 55, but the serial # would be 56.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    OK, that is stainless steel. Can we get a picture of the entire gun, both sides?
    Looks blued, faded and freckled but blued. Also note the taper of the barrel makes it a pencil or light versus heavy barrel. without busting out the S&W bible I'm guessing a pre model 10 K frame.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    Pre model 10. No adjustable rear sight, so not a k38. Smith started model numbers in 1954 and the dashes came later.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Pic of the cylinder crane does look blued. First pic looks stainless from here to me. Eyes aren't what they once were.

Pre-Model 10 would make sense.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I tis called a hand ejector ,no model number .I suggest you post on the smith &wesson forum wqith a request for help.Not close to my bible on smith& wessons now ,juat looking at the hammmer( long action ) it is pre ww2.The numbers inside the crane are fitters numbers and not M/N.notr the small dots on the hammer and trigger,those are probably prior to the 1st WW.Those dots are bearings to keep the hammer & trigger from rubbing on the frame.wont find them on post ww1 guns

Last edited:

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Also it had no firing pin block when I opened it. On some diagrams, and videos on you tube, when you open the side there is a piece running from above trigger to near hammer that is thin metal (firing pin block?) and that was not there.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Also it had no firing pin block when I opened it. On some diagrams, and videos on you tube, when you open the side there is a piece running from above trigger to near hammer that is thin metal (firing pin block?) and that was not there.
    That gun was before hammer blocks.
    No pin on the rebound slide to drive a hammer block.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I tis called a hand ejector ,no model number .I suggest you post on the smith &wesson forum wqith a request for help.Not close to my bible on smith& wessons now ,juat looking at the hammmer( long action ) it is pre ww2.The numbers inside the crane are fitters numbers and not M/N.notr the small dots on the hammer and trigger,those are probably prior to the 1st WW.Those dots are bearings to keep the hammer & trigger from rubbing on the frame.wont find them on post ww1 guns
    Posting on S&W forum was my first take
    I always get an answer there

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    you need to post serial number (stamped on bottom of butt_ and Including data on on top of barrel with patent dates.Full pictures of gun will halp.Round butt 1903 or square 1905 other info will be asked to verify what dash=engineering changes will be incorporated such as -1,2,3, 4 .or 5
    did not see your post handejectoir section of the S&W forum
    To set things straight they did not make stainless steel guns when this one was made

Last edited:
    Top Bottom