• flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    60 minutes right now. More to follow.

If the gun manf. don't get on the bandwagon they will go the way of Kodak. Said by some millionaire.
    Also, the wicked witch with the smart gun deal in MD said she will repeal the law about all guns must be smart guns after the first one sells.....but will mandate ALL gun store MUST display one for sale.
    Typical " why aren't we doing this" BS piece.

Bob

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Which just goes to show that if you have a loser product and industry rejects it, hire a dc law/lobby firm and make people buy it.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    If this is fail-free device and it doesn't take any time to operate it and somebody out there is a willing guinea pig with good results in reliability, this might fly. But then again, it will not make any difference on current situation as there are just so many guns out there.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Going to be expensive, no doubt.

Not gonna work reliably.

Why would anyone want one of these? No one wants one. People who want you to not have a gun want you to have one.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    The only smart gun I would accept is one that works with the chip I will already have embedded in my body. Anything less is useless. Come on mark of the beast we are waiting...

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    "Smart guns" are for people with absolutely no critical thinking skills. Put not your faith in electronic devices. As a former avionics tech I know precisely how "reliable" this junk will be when mass produced. At least on an aircraft you have multiple backups for everything. I believe the only reason that smart gun technology is so popular with liberals is simply because it will lead directly to the introduction of technology desired by law enforcement to switch your gun off whenever they choose. You KNOW that's where this is going.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The 60 Minutes douchebags have been uniformly anti-gun shills since their early days.
    I remember how they did a thinly disguised propaganda piece about the supposed widespread dangers of .50 BMG guns titld "The Big Gun."
    No one else except (of course) Kookifornia bit and banned them.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Here's another way to ask the question: "Is the technology reliable enough where one could safely leave the firearm accessible to a toddler?"

No way.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    1) I'll look at it as a serious option once our military and secret service use these on all of their weapons

2) The mechanical safeties on today's guns have been developed over a LONG time period and still have a small failure rate associated with them. This junk will be unacceptable on any firearm I actually need to use.

3) More crap from the liberal agenda. Label it "smart" or "common sense" so people go along with it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If this is fail-free device and it doesn't take any time to operate it and somebody out there is a willing guinea pig with good results in reliability, this might fly. But then again, it will not make any difference on current situation as there are just so many guns out there.

If the tech can be made to work, I'd consider one, but there is nothing out there now that I would trust my life to.

A law mandating it? Absolutely not!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If the tech can be made to work, I'd consider one, but there is nothing out there now that I would trust my life to.

A law mandating it? Absolutely not!

I can just see it, a bad guy draws a weapon, and we are busy trying to position our fingers so the sensor can read our prints. Anyone with an iPhone 5s or later knows EXACTLY what I am talking about.

osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    If you haven't seen the segment, you can see it here.

I also watched the segment following with the SF Police Chief. He said it was coming for sure because the youth of today wants the coolest and someday, there will be as many smart guns as regular guns. He also pointed out that an advantage is that they can be traced or followed like today's cell phones. Is this gun an idiot or what?

Top Bottom