• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Do they make a fake suppresor/silencer that fits over/slips on your flash hider on your 5.56/.223 AR without having to take off the flash hider ???? I seen one I believe on Tac TV that just went over the flash hider, but I believe it was a real silencer.... Any help would be great....Thx

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes! Gemtech makes one. I've seen it on Bud's website but it's not there now (there's a .22LR one on there now though). Maybe it's out of stock. Gemtch says it's for mock up only and to not shoot through it but I can't understand why not. It's a solid chunck of metal but uses the birdcage/flash hider mount.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Yes! Gemtech makes one. I've seen it on Bud's website but it's not there now (there's a .22LR one on there now though). Maybe it's out of stock. Gemtch says it's for mock up only and to not shoot through it but I can't understand why not. It's a solid chunck of metal but uses the birdcage/flash hider mount.

That cool but needing a 5.56/.223 that you can shoot thru.... thx If you can think of anyone else let me know....thx again

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well crap have done some research and found that if you cover your flash hider it makes it class 3 SUPPRESSOR , so you would have to apply to THE FEDS own it... And that ain't gonna happen so I guess im SOL..... If Im wrong please correct me...You don't have to apply for a fake suppressor tho because there FAKE...? The Gemtech Halo does what Im talking about for $750. lol and that ain't gonna happen eaither but its a real suppressor ....lmao so again im SOL...

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't think that is correct ^. The flash hider on several M4 styled barrels needs to be permanently attached to bring the overall barrel length to < 16" since they are 14.5", but I can't think of any reason why you couldn't cover it up. The only way I could see running afoul of the law is if you were to modify the fake can in a way that changes the sound signature of the rifle.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Just curious, why do you want a fake silencer?

super%20rice.JPG

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was looking into it to see if I liked the look or had to modify my DD MK18 SBR. I also wanted to test how well something like this locked up on the barrel. They were only ~$40 + shipping on Buds a while back.

I suppose if the mount was good you might be able to cut down the fake can in a lathe and use it to make your own Form 1 suppressor. I don't know of anyone that's done that though. I'd love to see some plans for it.

Top Bottom