• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I took the family (wife and 3 kids), so in the cheap seats (relatively speaking) we were. Ours were second balcony row 3 on the first angled section from square with the stage.

PeaShooter my wife and I were seated near that section and I actually saw you in the mass of people as we were leaving. I would've said hello but the big crowd was moving quickly and I thought shouting "HEY PeaShooter ARE YOU CARRYING YOUR GUN??" might spook a few folks. :):

Here's some lovely irony . . . . I saw Chezuki had posted about going to see TSO so I thought about PMing him and offering to meet up and grab a cup of coffee prior to the show. But I got these tickets for my wife as a "date night" and I thought that pitching the idea of meeting an INGOer on our date would get me an eyeroll and a few sarcastic remarks from the wife. So I never contacted Derek.

On our way downtown my wife informs me that 2 of her friends are also going and that she's arranged for us to meet them for coffee just before the show. :ugh:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Here's some lovely irony . . . . I saw Chezuki had posted about going to see TSO so I thought about PMing him and offering to meet up and grab a cup of coffee prior to the show. But I got these tickets for my wife as a "date night" and I thought that pitching the idea of meeting an INGOer on our date would get me an eyeroll and a few sarcastic remarks from the wife. So I never contacted Derek.

On our way downtown my wife informs me that 2 of her friends are also going and that she's arranged for us to meet them for coffee just before the show. :ugh:
    Doh!!

We had dinner reservations anyway, so I likely would have been the one receiving the eye roll and sarcastic remarks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    PeaShooter my wife and I were seated near that section and I actually saw you in the mass of people as we were leaving. I would've said hello but the big crowd was moving quickly and I thought shouting "HEY PeaShooter ARE YOU CARRYING YOUR GUN??" might spook a few folks. :):

So, she told you on the way down there???

I love it when my wife does the "Oh, by the way" thing when I have everything mapped and planned out...........:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unless you tried to hide your gun in a 40 oz, I doubt security cared. Most of the venues I've attended seem much more concerned with someone bringing in non-$7/can beer than my handgun.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gotta love the dichotomies of INGO...

Sneaking guns passed security and pure ire towards people sneaking into the country.

Wont give the census a phone number but will detail every bit of their home security gameplan.

The .380 is a perfectly acceptable self defense weapon, but 12 guage bird shot will just **** someone off.

Man I love the internet.
    Psst... sneaking into the country is a crime. Carrying into a place that's not prohibited by statute isn't.

If you don't like it here, feel free to GTFO. Nobody is forcing you to be here.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Unless you tried to hide your gun in a 40 oz, I doubt security cared. Most of the venues I've attended seem much more concerned with someone bringing in non-$7/can beer than my handgun.

Yep, went to an Aerosmith concert with 4 different cameras and a small bottle of water in my purse. Had to leave the water bottle behind at the gate.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Cool! It is a good thing you didn't out me, or I would have had to start a thread bashing you for even asking:boxing::bat::):. We had dinner reservations before the show anyway, and just made it to the concert with 10min to spare. You would think it wouldn't take almost 2 hrs to eat...

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The times I've went to Banker's Life I don't think I could have carried (I don't have a pistol yet) because of how security was. They have always had me open my camera bag and open my coat and they would use a wand metal detector on my torso. Just recently they also started making everyone pull their pant legs up so they could see if you had anything on your ankle. I've been to a couple HS basketball tournies, and a Pacers' game and it was the same for all of them.

Maybe they decided for whatever reason not to use the wand metal detectors for this event? I would assume it's the same security company every time so I don't know why they would do things different. Oh well.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I would assume it's the same security company every time so I don't know why they would do things different. Oh well.

You don't think there might be different security concerns between a 50 Cent concert and say... Disney On Ice?

Same venue, same security, vastly different crowds.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You don't think there might be different security concerns between a 50 Cent concert and say... Disney On Ice?

Same venue, same security, vastly different crowds.

Good point. I had thought of that. But then I would think they still would want to have the same level of safety/security at either one.

Last edited:

skippy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I managed to snag corporate box seats so the security may be a bit more lax, and Bankers checked my wife's purse, didn't ask me anything even though I had my coat off and folded over my arm. No issue getting in with my IWB gun on my hip. This was for Jeff Dunham a few weeks ago - and the show was great.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom