• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Sam's Club trip to restock some office cleaning supplies but no luck finding: Hand Soap, Sanitizer, Clorox wipes. Seeing more mask wearers than before and got to stand in line behind a young woman in yoga pants.

Went to Home Depot next but never made it out of the truck. Long line outside the store with people waiting for curbside or permission to enter. No social distancing. Gave up and went to the local Do It Best Hardware.

Do It Best had a half dozen customers. Got some personal service getting a piece of plexiglass and hardware to make a sneeze screen for our receptionist station. Will work on my project building it this evening. If I don't FUBAR it I will be going back to get supplies to build two more.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Stocked up on ground beef, frozen fish, and frozen veggies at Gordons. In the frozen veggie dept they have these big bags with blends of rice, quinoa, couscous, veggies, and seasoning that make really good side dishes on the fly. I sometimes blend frozen spinach or peas/carrots blend with them.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    We will leave it that your opinion is better than someone in the pharmaceutical business, got it...

Percentages are not a matter of opinion to those who care about the truth.

As far as credentials...well, Barack Obama once taught constitutional law. Who are you to argue with his interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, skippy?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Back to the topic at hand...Kroger and Walmart in Greenfield looking a little lean on meats of all kinds. And I don't mean the cut quality. Tyson products almost gone from both stores. Limits on ground beef. Don't know if they are just low on stock for the day, or if meat shortages are starting to hit a little.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back to the topic at hand...Kroger and Walmart in Greenfield looking a little lean on meats of all kinds. And I don't mean the cut quality. Tyson products almost gone from both stores. Limits on ground beef. Don't know if they are just low on stock for the day, or if meat shortages are starting to hit a little.

WTHR is reporting this morning that the shortages could hit by the end of the week. There are over a billion pounds of meat in frozen storage, so the "shortage" will be for fresh meat (allegedly).

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    WTHR is reporting this morning that the shortages could hit by the end of the week. There are over a billion pounds of meat in frozen storage, so the "shortage" will be for fresh meat (allegedly).
    Just a quick google search and math and assumptions way more basic than our resident unfrozen caveman statistician indicate that we eat about 4 ounces a day (they didn’t interview INGO) times 330 million people is about 12 days worth.
    That will turn into 1/2 a days worth as soon as the general populace that has their “free” money and an extra 600 a week to boot plus free time figure out from the news there is a shortage. Then they’ll throw half of it away.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Sit rep; yesterday I saw 2 speedboats, a nice pontoon boat and 2 or 3 loads of jet skis heading east to Cicero, I would assume. Traffic in general was extremely heavy at times. Free time and gas money from uncle sugar, and the natives are growing restless.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got back from Kroger (old people's happy hour from 7 to 8 a.m.) and picked up some chicken breasts and leg quarters, a couple of big top sirloin steaks, another 4 lbs. of bacon, a roll of sausage and 2 more lbs. of ground beef. That will just about top off my freezer space with the two half pork loins I got on Saturday. I think I've got about 12 lbs. of bacon on hand now, so that will last me a couple of weeks. ;)

Had to put the smackdown on a couple of little old ladies, but hey, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Just got back from Kroger (old people's happy hour from 7 to 8 a.m.) and picked up some chicken breasts and leg quarters, a couple of big top sirloin steaks, another 4 lbs. of bacon, a roll of sausage and 2 more lbs. of ground beef. That will just about top off my freezer space with the two half pork loins I got on Saturday. I think I've got about 12 lbs. of bacon on hand now, so that will last me a couple of weeks. ;)

Had to put the smackdown on a couple of little old ladies, but hey, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!
    What a haul!
    So you’re part of the hoarding problem, not the solution, eh?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's not hoarding if you will eventually use it. I just bought 20 more lbs of ground beef yesterday, and I probably have at least a dozen chickens and a dozen beef roasts. Don't ask how much bacon or toilet paper I have.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    i just hope is new, not used.

eyeroll-26.gif

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well the liquor stores are taking full advantage of their Essential Business classification. Every store I have been to has at least a couple of people in line for the curbside service.

Went to the downtown Fort Wayne Belmont which is in the (shutdown) business district downtown. There were at least a dozen people in the lot. A van load of drywallers just loaded up and left as I pulled in. Got in line and got my three bottles of wine for my wife. Most of the rest of the youth in the parking lot were buying single bottles of fotay.

Top Bottom