• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleach1988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Thanks for the information gentleman. I appreciate it. It seems I have options if the CLEO doesn't want to sign off, so that's great. Happy Holidays everyone!

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    As of 2 weeks ago, he was not signing. I can confirm tomorrow if you'd like.

well that sucks does any one know why?

and yes confirmation would be great. i have been rolling the trust idea around this migh just push me over the edge but i dont think i would transfer my current 3 to it. only for new items

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    As of 2 weeks ago, he was not signing. I can confirm tomorrow if you'd like.

Since he is losing the job in, oh lets say 8 days, I wouldn't be too concerned about him. I don't know what John Laut, the new Chief's position will be but it can't be much worse than what the current one's apparently is.

I would wait until after the 1st of the year and then in a very respectful fashion ask Chief Laut his position. He may not have even considered it yet and how the first person that asks comports themself could have a big impact on all of us.

Best,

Joe

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    well that sucks does any one know why?

and yes confirmation would be great. i have been rolling the trust idea around this migh just push me over the edge but i dont think i would transfer my current 3 to it. only for new items

I confirmed, still not. I believe it's a case of him being fundamentally against anything fun.

Since he is losing the job in, oh lets say 8 days, I wouldn't be too concerned about him. I don't know what John Laut, the new Chief's position will be but it can't be much worse than what the current one's apparently is.

I would wait until after the 1st of the year and then in a very respectful fashion ask Chief Laut his position. He may not have even considered it yet and how the first person that asks comports themself could have a big impact on all of us.

Best,

Joe

I'm asking around, I'll report back after Christmas. I believe this chief will be more user friendly.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Curious to a comment that was made.. Is there something that actually states that the Suppressor should be locked up when you're away from home? Or are you just speaking in best practices?

Just curious.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Curious to a comment that was made.. Is there something that actually states that the Suppressor should be locked up when you're away from home? Or are you just speaking in best practices?

Just curious.
    NFA items need to be secured when not in your possession since you are legally the only person who can possess the item.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    But, what does "Secured" really mean? In a legal sense... Technically, if they're in my house, I consider them secured.
    It's not what you define as secured, it's what the ATF defines as secured.

If you are the only one who can can gain access to them, they are secured. (locked in a safe only you know the combo to)

If anyone else is able to gain access to them, they are not secured. (locked in a safe your wife knows the combo to)

IANAL, and my examples are based on if you are the sole registerer of the item.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    That's why I'm asking. In none of the paperwork I've seen does it say what secured is..

It's not what you define as secured, it's what the ATF defines as secured.

If you are the only one who can can gain access to them, they are secured. (locked in a safe only you know the combo to)

If anyone else is able to gain access to them, they are not secured. (locked in a safe your wife knows the combo to)

IANAL, and my examples are based on if you are the sole registerer of the item.

dleach1988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    But, what does "Secured" really mean? In a legal sense... Technically, if they're in my house, I consider them secured.

yeah dude, i don't think you have to go as far as getting it's own personal lockbox and what not. As long as it is in your house and not out in the open. For example inside your gun case with your gun.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    yeah dude, i don't think you have to go as far as getting it's own personal lockbox and what not. As long as it is in your house and not out in the open. For example inside your gun case with your gun.

In all reality, you're not going to be in trouble unless someone steals it and you didn't have it secured in a manner they approve. Otherwise, you could leave it on your kitchen counter and they would never know.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom