• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I will do sight installs from Pushing out old sights and installing nights sights, fiber optics, whatever. Can even do the notoriously tough XDM's though they cost a little more.

Typical cost is $25.00
    XDM's $40.00

A set of fiber optics on an XDM:

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I dropped my Colt off today for refinishing and saw the tool he has, it's an impressive piece of machinery. If it can do an XD it can do anything (how about Kimber?). He's got a great shop, very neat, organized and professional, I was impressed.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I dropped my Colt off today for refinishing and saw the tool he has, it's an impressive piece of machinery. If it can do an XD it can do anything (how about Kimber?). He's got a great shop, very neat, organized and professional, I was impressed.
    I saw your Colt, the finish is beyond amazing. I was asking about the coating and he showed it to me. It's better than the OEM K-kote on my Sig.

Another +1 for Allen. The TFO sights are now on my P226 and went flawless.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I saw your Colt, the finish is beyond amazing. I was asking about the coating and he showed it to me. It's better than the OEM K-kote on my Sig.

Another +1 for Allen. The TFO sights are now on my P226 and went flawless.

I picked it up today and i'll post pics later but the finish is great. This one is not as flat as I usually get it, it actually has a little bit of sheen to it and looks just like a good matte blueing job. This finish reminds me a lot of the Bearcoat finish I used to get but this looks just as nice for about a 1/3 of the price. Allen did excellent work.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Allen, what kind of coating do you do?

I have a 1911 SS that I am thinking of making some changes to. I am not crazy about Stainless Steel and was thinking it might look good black.

I have a front fiber optic sight to install, will be replacing the ILS MSH with a standard Colt style, replacing the ambi thumb safety with a EB wide single sided version plus I am going to de-horn it. When it's all taken down like that, might be a good time to have the other work done.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, what kind of coating do you do?

I have a 1911 SS that I am thinking of making some changes to. I am not crazy about Stainless Steel and was thinking it might look good black.

I have a front fiber optic sight to install, will be replacing the ILS MSH with a standard Colt style, replacing the ambi thumb safety with a EB wide single sided version plus I am going to de-horn it. When it's all taken down like that, might be a good time to have the other work done.

I am using Cerakote and yes that would be a good time to do the refinishing. Doesnt sound like you need help fitting things but if you do I can help with that as well.
    Also I have a brand new match grade trigger group in stock, incudes new springs and everything. It wouldgo real good with the new safety. ;)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks for posting the pic Drillsgt. That didn't take long to get back together.
    As far as the appearance thanks for the compliment.
    I do a little extra metal prep before the actual painting and I experimented (prior to doing yours) with metal temps when spraying and also bake temps and length of bake times until I settled on what looked good to me.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am using Cerakote and yes that would be a good time to do the refinishing. Doesnt sound like you need help fitting things but if you do I can help with that as well.
    Also I have a brand new match grade trigger group in stock, incudes new springs and everything. It wouldgo real good with the new safety. ;)

Might need some help with the thumb safety. I'll check it out and call you before I wreck the safety.:)

I do a little extra metal prep before the actual painting and I experimented (prior to doing yours) with metal temps when spraying and also bake temps and length of bake times until I settled on what looked good to me.

I would want mine just like his based on the pictures.

I'm rebuilding my workbench so it will be awhile before I can start work on the pistol, but as soon as I am close, I'll contact you to schedule.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Sights and Refinish

If someone wanted to have you put new sights on a Colt Combat Commander, do they need to purchase the parts first or do you have access to parts?

Also what is the approx. price different for refinishing a slide (e.g. the above model) vs the entire gun?

Thanks for any info,

:ingo:

Top Bottom