• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    What is a good yardage to sight in my iron sights on my ar? I was figuring 1/2" - 1" high at 50 yards and that should be pretty good out to 150?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For a 16" gun. Sight it in at 50 yards. The gun will shoot low at 25, dead on at 50, about 1.5" high at 100-150, zeroed again at 200. These are rough estimates. I sighted in at 50 and confirmed at 200 yards

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    There is a great video from Panteao Production where Travis Haley explains in detail drop rate and combat effective zones. Think copyright claims snatched it up, but if your google-fu is strong...

i use a 36yd BZO that carries me to accuracy out to 500yds with iron sights. Google the 36yd BZO for details.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OP are you using a carry handle type of rear? Many of those have an elevation drum for estimates of bullet drop out to 500 yards or so. I sort of assumed a flip up type BUIS which is popular right now.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    There is a great video from Panteao Production where Travis Haley explains in detail drop rate and combat effective zones. Think copyright claims snatched it up, but if your google-fu is strong...

i use a 36yd BZO that carries me to accuracy out to 500yds with iron sights. Google the 36yd BZO for details.
    thank you! Thats some neat stuff . Should be able to sight in quicker.

Top Bottom