• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm really wanting to shoot one, I am yet to even hold one. Do you guys that have them think they would make a good ankle gun over say a G43? That's what I could see myself getting one for.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I'm really wanting to shoot one, I am yet to even hold one. Do you guys that have them think they would make a good ankle gun over say a G43? That's what I could see myself getting one for.

For sure. Smaller than a 43. I may start using it as a bug at work.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Man. A buddy and I rented one at the Merrillville SPB and I was surprised. Really nice. Really dirty but no problems. I was worried about recoil but it wasn’t any worse than other 9mms I have and shoot. I’m gonna get one.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Save your gas. I just called. Somebody already bought it.

The hunt continues!

Maybe I should have snagged it! I have a Glock 19 though, and I figured the $600 after taxes and holster and all would be better spent on ammo and training. I may be one of the few on INGO who isn’t a great shooter, so that’s more of a priority.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Maybe I should have snagged it! I have a Glock 19 though, and I figured the $600 after taxes and holster and all would be better spent on ammo and training. I may be one of the few on INGO who isn’t a great shooter, so that’s more of a priority.

If the Glock 19 feels good in your hand and you have no problems carrying it, then you made the right choice.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I was excited when I first read about them, then meh, but after fondling one at LGS, I’m back to excited. It wasn’t for sale, but at least the new owner offered up a “want to check it out?”. It’s def., on the radar now, especially with the positive reviews.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My wife happened to be in the right spot at the right time this morning and snagged me a P365. Just finished loading up 300 rounds of ammo and will head to the range here in just a bit to go try it out. There haven’t been many guns I have truly been excited about, but for whatever reason, I am about this one. We’ll see!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Took the P365 to the range yesterday afternoon and put 250 rounds including a few different hollow point rounds through it and it did great. Zero malfunctions. Only nitpick, and so far it is truly a nitpick, is that the magazine release position is going to take some getting used to for me. I didn’t have any issue reaching it or activating it, it’s just positioned a little different from other guns I shoot regularly. Again, completely nitpicking.

Went out this morning to bend some kydex for it:

c79b8d13dbd1fe9e20818813ff2145b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have one on a back-order. I'm happy to read that most folks here are finding their pistols to their liking. On another forum I'm on some people are bashing Sig in general and the P 365 in particular. How many rounds do you think makes you feel good about a pistol before you'd consider it ready to be your EDC?

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Are you going to try to conceal that thing??? :) Haha... actually, I kinda like the orange... lookin' sweet!

Yeah it’s bright out in the sunlight. I used the orange cause it was some kydex I tossed in an order just to see what it looked like, but I really like it after using it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have one on a back-order. I'm happy to read that most folks here are finding their pistols to their liking. On another forum I'm on some people are bashing Sig in general and the P 365 in particular. How many rounds do you think makes you feel good about a pistol before you'd consider it ready to be your EDC?

300 rounds straight out of the box proved it to be reliable at least in my mind. Sig has a bad reputation currently, the P320 drop test issue, Military's P320's not working very well, and then the P365 first gen guns not working worth a crap kind of left a sour taste in peoples mouths. Basically every 365 that was released in January/Febuary didnt work right, I cannot blame people for being cautious and waiting for us "Beta Testers" to run the balls off our guns to prove and ensure the kinks are worked off. $500 is alot of money for a lot of people

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    300 rounds straight out of the box proved it to be reliable at least in my mind. Sig has a bad reputation currently, the P320 drop test issue, Military's P320's not working very well, and then the P365 first gen guns not working worth a crap kind of left a sour taste in peoples mouths. Basically every 365 that was released in January/Febuary didnt work right, I cannot blame people for being cautious and waiting for us "Beta Testers" to run the balls off our guns to prove and ensure the kinks are worked off. $500 is alot of money for a lot of people

I was willing to take the risk of being that "beta tester" even after the poor reports and issues (when Sig was addressing them) based solely on the capacity and wanted to see it for myself. I'm a believer that they do have too many irons in the fire, but couldn't resist what they were offering with the P365. I'm grateful they tend to always make it right with any issues (had an issue with a Legion SAO), and very lucky that mine has has been flawless. I'm currently sitting at almost 1000 rounds now with no hiccups besides me initially riding the slide lock.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County

I now have 400 through mine and I’m going to call it “ready”. If I had seen any malfunctions I’d run more first, but all 400 have been perfect. I typically shoot my carry gun first on any range trip, so I’ll continue to shoot it. But it seems as reliable at this point as any Glock I have.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Wow, there are still a lot of older semi-autos out there that wouldn't pass a drop test, even the ones that the P 320 passed. I only have one Sig, a P 320 compact. Sig did the trigger upgrade to my satisfaction. I have around 1,200 rounds through my Sig P 320 compact without any issue I can attribute to the pistol. I've had 3 failures to chamber, that I attribute to the brass (I shoot mostly reloads). I've seen some videos of problems with the early P 365 and others where range guns have gone through several thousand of rounds without problems. I kinda feel like the issues might have been fewer than is portrayed. I like S&W revolvers, but I doubt that any of mine would go several thousand rounds without much cleaning and have no hiccups. Like you, I expect some issues with any new designs. As long as the company is rectifying the problems, I'm ok with the company. It sure seems like there are plenty of people willing to be "beta testers" with the P 365, as they are still selling like crazy. I expect to get one from a back order in June or July. Thanks for sharing your experiences with your P 365.

Top Bottom