• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Anyone else have problems with the finish on the Sig's. Mine is the FDE version and it started flaking off within the first 500 rounds. It's got close to 15,000 rounds through it at present and looks pretty bad but I still love love this pistol. Not a tack driver but still pretty accurate. Great plinker. I bought the Colt, which is made by Walther to give the Sig, made by GSG, a break but find the trigger on the Sig to be so much better or should say lighter that I don't shoot it as much. The Colt, which has the fixed barrel, is more accurate than the Sig however. All in all I really like both guns but still need pick up a GSG 1911-22 to give the Sig a break.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I have the gsg, gsg and sig are owned by the same family. One brother owens sig and the other brother owns gsg. I've put over a 1000 rds through mine, it likes the cci mini mag hps over the round nose rnds. From what I under stand is they all have the threaded barrel, your just going to pay more for the sig stamp on a gsg... I went in and took out the mag safty because it drove me nuts

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I have had zero issues outside of the normal .22 fed issues that's been only about 10 or so out of a1000+ rounds, no paint issues or breakages, save your self the 50+ bucks get the gsg and use that money for ammo cause its fun to shoot and I get awesome groups

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The follower has been upgraded to change the angle of the topmost round in the magazine. If you have a very early GSG1911 you can also get a new machined steel bushing (to replace the cast zinc original) and a new slide stop, if you know about them to ask.

I got the new bushing, new followers, didn't know about the slide stop.

Bushing and followers didn't help my fail to feed problems with federal bulk or thunderbolts.

CCI Mini-Mags are pretty much good to go, maybe 1 in 20 or 1 in 30 fail to feed. Often 2nd round of the magazine.

Yellowjackets (I think) worked pretty well too. Trying to get some Automatch to try.

I just don't understand why a gun threaded for a suppressor works so poorly with SV or SS ammo...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I got the new bushing, new followers, didn't know about the slide stop.

Bushing and followers didn't help my fail to feed problems with federal bulk or thunderbolts.

CCI Mini-Mags are pretty much good to go, maybe 1 in 20 or 1 in 30 fail to feed. Often 2nd round of the magazine.

Yellowjackets (I think) worked pretty well too. Trying to get some Automatch to try.

I just don't understand why a gun threaded for a suppressor works so poorly with SV or SS ammo...

That sucks man! Mine eats federal bulk ammo like a champ, but I do feed it a variety. I haven't found much yet it didn't like. :dunno:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    That sucks man! Mine eats federal bulk ammo like a champ, but I do feed it a variety. I haven't found much yet it didn't like. :dunno:

Mine's bad enough that I'm considering putting it up for sale, aluminum flame Hogue grips, Fastfire clone sight and all, and getting a Buckmark like I've been wanting for a while...
    Dad loves his Mark II's (especially MY Mark II, lol), but the Buckmark grip just feels better to me...

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I read in a gun magazine that putting flitz on the slide rails and then working the slide and of course cleaning the rails afterwards will help feed reliability. I have yet to try this myself.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Colt 1911 Rail .22 (Walther made)

The Colt-1911-Rail Gun is threaded for a suppressor. I ordered a thread adapter online from Tactical Innovations.

Just picked up the Colt .22 Rail and took it out with my Dad (it was a blast). 100 rounds of CCI in 30 min., absolutely no issues (gun as it came out of the case). I plan to take it out with the kids today. :rockwoot:

Bought it to primarily save money on ammo. It should pay for itself in 5-6 range visits (.22 savings over 45 acp) and save some wear and tear on my Colt XSE. :yesway:

The design is both similar and different. Slide comes off the same, but barrel is fixed (it is actually much faster to clean and reassembly). There is a wrench included to unscrew the barrel tip to expose threads for a suppressor. Walther makes a non-functioning one that attaches to the threads (not sure if the threads match any fully functioning suppressor or not?). :dunno:

So far, I really like it and think it will result in more range time. I went with the rail version because it had better sights, commander hammer, trigger and a larger beavertail (like the Colt XSE). I saw a review that showed 0.5 inch grouping (CCI) at 75 yds (on the standard Gov't version with iron sights); not bad for $300 and change. The front sight on the rail version can be adjusted for windage. :cool:

Top Bottom