• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Mostly clear in Columbus, slight thunder in the distance, light/steady rain. My g/f in Whiteland says it's pretty clear there too.

No power loss at my apartment, but got a friend working here in town that said the power went out where she works for a couple minutes...

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had my wife take shelter at work, downtown Indy. I took shelter when the worst hit, it was blowing that bad. So far, no loss. Just limbs, garbage cans, garbage, and chairs thrown about the yard. A few small branches.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    It hit kinda hard here. Blew the top half off the doghouse for one of my dogs. When that happened she abandoned it and the rest blew away.:):

Then I guess dad was watching at his front door as the soybean head on its trailer started rolling across the field from where it was parked. It rolled across the road and took out an old pole that the power line going to the barn across the road was hooked to. He had me kill the power to that at the box outside. And he backed the tractor with the ripper on it up to the pole to keep it from falling over the rest of the way till we could get the line attached to a different pole for now. Got that done. So now sometime in the future we have to get a new pole and dig a new hole for it. :(

The wind also tore up a bunch of the shingles on my house, even some of the cap. So we gotta get that fixed soon too. Otherwise not much here. I luckily made it home and unloaded some of my emergency gear out of the car, then made it in the house right before it hit.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I ended up in the utility room, w/ 2 dogs, my EDC, and my overweight BOB. Flimsy door must be replaced with real door.

Really need to cut it in 1/2. Split between bag, car, and home.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Lost power for about 5 minutes at work, and since I work in a warehouse, with no windows, it took another 5 minutes for the lights to come on completely. Thirteen tornados spotted today. Hope everyone stayed safe.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    OMG! The wind blew yesterday? Thank God it didn't rain a little too.

We planned to go to Conner Prairie yesterday for about a week before. It rained and blew a little on the way there. The power was out at home for a couple hours. We had a great day at Conner Prairie as it was about all ours. I guess everyone stayed home preparing for “blustery day”.

LOL, SHTF. What will you guys do it any thing big ever really does happen?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    OMG! The wind blew yesterday? Thank God it didn't rain a little too.

We planned to go to Conner Prairie yesterday for about a week before. It rained and blew a little on the way there. The power was out at home for a couple hours. We had a great day at Conner Prairie as it was about all ours. I guess everyone stayed home preparing for “blustery day”.

LOL, SHTF. What will you guys do it any thing big ever really does happen?

Meanwhile, we were getting 80MPH+ gusts down in between New Pal and Greenfield. That could have changed the watching a storm blow by, to S hitting the F with the roof coming in after it.

And getting hit by a tornado, guess you don't think we should prepare for that or something...

We prepare for many things, and any event is a test of our plans.

Top Bottom