• JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Best job ever.
    Best boss ever.
    Wednesday, a rep will be bringing a buffet of their custom 1911s and I get to send some lead at the range with them. Their slides & frames are machined from billet stainless steel and they are beautiful! I'm super excited.
    If you haven't had a chance to look at their 1911, check them out here: SB Firearms

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, road trip?

Do they plan to come to the Indy1500 and you know like promote their product or something?

Will they be at SHOT? Are they coming to the Annual Meeting in Indy in April?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I got to finger a few of these fine weapons this weekend. Nice products!

Kirk, contact AGS. As I understand it they are THE distributor.

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    I'm the Commercial Sales Manager at AGS and the lucky guy who get's to go shootin' with the lovely JetGirl this Wednesday. :cool: Perhaps I can answer a few questions. :)

AGS Armament recently entered into a business partnership with Schroeder-Bauman Firearms to assist them in not only being a stocking distribution warehouse for their premium U.S. made firearms, but to also assist them in marketing/advertising their entire product line as their company grows. They are outstanding people over there, producing fantastic, precision engineered firearms! We are proud and excited to be working with them!!

They do have a few factory-direct dealers they sell through here-and-there across the USA, primarily derived from relationships they had with them before we came along; but by-and-large as they move forward, AGS Armament will be stocking/selling 85% of their product through our current and future National dealer network. Their website hasn't been updated in a while, so the info there may be a bit dated. No worries however, it will soon be updated accordingly I'm sure.

For those of you that haven't had the chance to fondle or shoot one of these babies in person yet...well, let me tell you...they are unadulterated 1911 drop-dead sexy in form and function!! These are in the upper class of Les Baer, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, etc., (with a more attractive price tag) in that the frame and slide are manufactured entirely of aerospace-grade billet stainless steel and aluminum, the moving parts are hand fitted and lapped to a specific mating part and there is absolutely *NO* cast or plastic parts in this gun what-so-ever! In fact, SB makes approx. 80% of the parts that are in this gun themselves....with the match-grade barrel soon to be in the future.

These things run like a Swiss Watch, are superior in accuracy and feel like velvet in operation.. True American engineering and craftsmanship...manufactured right here in Fort Wayne, Indiana!

November 1st. is supposed to be the actual "public" rollout of their entire product line, but we/they have been testing the waters for a while now to see how the industry would receive it. So far, so good, where the gun has spoken for and continues to speak for itself...

I will be attending the upcoming NRA gig with them in Indy this coming April as well, so if you're there, please feel free to drop by and say hello! I'm not sure about the SHOT Show details however..

Ohh, btw...you may purchase one of these pistols from your LGS if they are currently an AGS dealer, If they aren't, have them call me or send me an email, where I'll be happy to welcome them aboard so they can order the pistol of your choice.

Hope that helps in answering your questions. :)

Cheers!

phil@agsarmament.com

Last edited:
    Top Bottom