• ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    My earthly dad has passed on so I'm without a dad.....just sayin'
    Well if you want another one I'll give you mine which is a complete pain in the ass, he was abusive and cheated on my mom all the time. And now it's falling to me and my wife to take care of him in his old age. But he does have a Corvette so if you're interested I'll be happy to turn over duties to you and you can keep the Corvette as payment. Because if I didn't already have a brother that is in California, I would take that 64 Corvette, rent a M2 Browning and I would run 500 rounds through that car.

So if you want a new dad you can have mine

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Well if you want another one I'll give you mine which is a complete pain in the ass, he was abusive and cheated on my mom all the time. And now it's falling to me and my wife to take care of him in his old age. But he does have a Corvette so if you're interested I'll be happy to turn over duties to you and you can keep the Corvette as payment. Because if I didn't already have a brother that is in California, I would take that 64 Corvette, rent a M2 Browning and I would run 500 rounds through that car.

Hate to hear that. Mine was a raging alcoholic

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Hate to hear that. Mine was a raging alcoholic
    That sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Yeah this has been hard for me taking care of him considering what a terrible father and husband he was. Sometimes the conversation with my friends comes around to what their dad taught them and I always say mine taught me how not to be a husband or a father. That's the only thing he ever taught me

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've bought and sold a couple dozen Rhodie kits over the yrs and have yet to see one with a snapped off carry handle so it wasn't a universal thing. And the only ones that had the hole in the magwell were early FN manufactured South African contract rifles. Only the early rifles had the SA crest that needed sanitizing, R1s never had the crest. Still, when building a Rhodie clone those details are desirable(if serial placement on the receiver will allow).

Don't have many pictures and almost no pictures on this laptop, but here are a few L1A1s I took out a couple of weeks back after scoping. Not seeing the irons good no more,.......

L1A1s.jpg

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Still have eight or nine kits to build up, including one of the best Rhodies I've handled. Just bought an older DSA receiver for a build last night in fact. Got it from the same guy I bought a FALO kit from a couple of yrs ago and we were arguing last night whether or not that was the same receiver he mocked the kit up with back when he advertised it. Here's a pic of the FALO kit mocked up on a type 1 receiver that just may be the one I bought last night.

20230723_102152-jpg.319330

Not 100% sure I'm going to build this kit with that receiver. I was thinking more an early German BGS kit. Still have a couple of those to do, a few Steyr StG and a pair of light barrel Israeli kits.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've been cleaning up around here lately and letting go of guns I don't shoot. Sold these two last week, still waiting until after the holiday weekend to ship them.

20160122_081228-jpg.454237

These are a pair of 5.56 builds a guy called Meeper built for me back around 2000. Had him build them on aluminum Williams Arms receivers using mostly Imbel kits with a pair of new Galil barrels I snagged from SARCO or somewhere. Barrels were 3/$100 at the time,....so it was a while ago. Had one rifle built to take standard AR mags and the other with the short gas system to take Bulgarian waffles or East German Weigers. They sat around forever before I finally got around to putting optics on them a month ago. Those are 3x Primary Arms Micro Prisms, same as on the L1A1s above.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    That sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Yeah this has been hard for me taking care of him considering what a terrible father and husband he was. Sometimes the conversation with my friends comes around to what their dad taught them and I always say mine taught me how not to be a husband or a father. That's the only thing he ever taught me
    Some men aren't cut out to be fathers,......but they still like to do the thing that causes them to become one. Sorry for your circumstance. I can proudly proclaim that both of my parents were my two best friends.

Guess there's always gonna be pain, either the pain of growing up with a father you don't love or the pain of losing the one you do. But it's gotta be easier getting through the pain if all your memories are good ones. I've been incredibly blessed and I am thankful.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I have two moms and I would gladly kick in either one of those myself.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    North Central In
    Still have eight or nine kits to build up, including one of the best Rhodies I've handled. Just bought an older DSA receiver for a build last night in fact. Got it from the same guy I bought a FALO kit from a couple of yrs ago and we were arguing last night whether or not that was the same receiver he mocked the kit up with back when he advertised it. Here's a pic of the FALO kit mocked up on a type 1 receiver that just may be the one I bought last night.

20230723_102152-jpg.319330

Not 100% sure I'm going to build this kit with that receiver. I was thinking more an early German BGS kit. Still have a couple of those to do, a few Steyr StG and a pair of light barrel Israeli kits.

That pic looks familiar…was that one of N8dogg’s kits?

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Yes sir, it was. He had an LMT manufactured DSA Type1 up on FALfiles yesterday. I was driving around all day and didn't see it until I got home and although his 'ad' had a dozen likes, nobody had jumped on it yet. It sat for something like ten hrs before I saw it/snagged it. Then I called him to pay for it and we sat yakking on the phone for over 2-1/2hrs.

The FALO kit sat for days as he kept slashing the price. That's another one I can't believe hung around for that long on the 'files. Good deals are usually snatched up within minutes of posting but like a lot of places, traffic is slowing down a bunch.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    North Central In
    Yes sir, it was. He had an LMT manufactured DSA Type1 up on FALfiles yesterday. I was driving around all day and didn't see it until I got home and although his 'ad' had a dozen likes, nobody had jumped on it yet. It sat for something like ten hrs before I saw it/snagged it. Then I called him to pay for it and we sat yakking on the phone for over 2-1/2hrs.

The FALO kit sat for days as he kept slashing the price. That's another one I can't believe hung around for that long on the 'files. Good deals are usually snatched up within minutes of posting but like a lot of places, traffic is slowing down a bunch.
    I bought that Para kit from him earlier in the year. After yapping on the horn with him I bought the type 1 receiver and he built it up for me for a very minimal fee. It runs like a top.

Top Bottom