• indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    INGO Motorcycle Riders

Anyone ride?

I just started riding again for the first time since Bill Clinton's first term, and have been on the bike pretty much every day that it's not raining.
    20170831_121040.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :whistle:

2015 Street Glide Special

18700165_10102039142648904_1308777482142922458_n.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My 1979 XS400. I did a light restoration (blew apart and cleaned everything and replaced everything that a good cleaning would not cure). It had been in a barn from 1993 until I got it in 2008.

Now, imagine this bike with the tank off and the head off...along with everything attached to the head, awaiting new rings and a rebuilt head because someone let a bolt get sucked into the cylinder and since its apart, why not rings?

As much as I have enjoyed this motorcycle, and i have, I'm thinking about selling it after i get it done and ride some this year, and getting an early '70s XS650 project.
    attachment.php

I am somewhat saddened to announce that after I got the head rebuilt (actually had to buy a used head and rebuild it) and ring job done (I said ring), and got the rings broken in, fixed the alternator so it charges well and she was running fine, I gave the bike back to the buddy of mine I got it from many years ago. It had been owned by his grandpa and I thought it should be in his family. I will miss the old girl, it was fun.

Oh well, always have to have a project. Out with the old:

View attachment 59385

In with the older:

View attachment 59386

A man needs a project. I think we need an INGO old tractor thread now.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Doing a clutch change out soon. 34 k on the original Yamaha clutch. Taking a half plate out and putting in a whole ..supposed to make the it (vmax) hook up better. Still plan on riding until the snow flies and going thru the carbs

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And I’d really like to have a Road Glide Special or Road Glide Ultra someday... :)

I've had the itch for a cruiser for a while now. Even though I can technically afford it, I just can't bring myself to spend new Harley money. I am hoping to find a nice used one for a good price, but I'm in no hurry. I'm really not even picky as to the specifics, I'd even roll an old cop bike if I could find one cheap.

Top Bottom