• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    In the market for a new handgun. Was leaning toward the Sig X-ten but seems to be too many negatives out there right now. Looks like Glock is doing a 20 mos gen 5 version so I’m leaning that way now. Anyone know if anything else coming out? Hoping to see HK release a 10mm??

Last edited:

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    If you express any desire for HK to release something, they’ll tack on an extra 10 years to the release date… joking of course. However, the mp7 is WELL overdue, along with a revised p7 variant. I wouldn’t expect a new caliber from them anytime soon though.

… So far my favorite “new” thing is the Dan Wesson DWX. I loved it from the start, so I’m glad it saw fruition.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Been waiting for that Gen 5 G20 MOS. Any further word on release date? By next gun season?

I came close to working out a couple of classifieds trades this past year on gen 4's. I am SO glad those deals didn't work out.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Eaa has a 2311 coming out for under $1000.
    Oracle arms also has a 2311 that takes sig 21rd mags that looks interesting.
    Staccato prices will be falling like iguanas in Florida!

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I’m guessing the gen 5 g20 will be released first quarter. I base this on nothing other then the fact the guns are popping up for sale but out of stock.

Wondering with the red dot movement if HK will add a milled slide to the p30 line like they did with the Vp9 line up.

10mm HK is a long shot at best but man I was so excited about my p229 I was going to buy a couple 320’s including the 10mm but so much drama around that 320 line up that I’m just leaning over to HK

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    Due to German Fuddery and German & American laws concerning the export/import of certain gun types and parts for such, there will most likely never be a genuine MP7. The best you can hope for is for TommyBuilt to release the clone that he's been working on. Does he even do Shot Show appearances?

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

The Springfield Prodigy didn't effect Staccatos pricing , neither will Oracle or EAA. They have the midrange 2011 market locked down IMHO.

I’m guessing the gen 5 g20 will be released first quarter. I base this on nothing other then the fact the guns are popping up for sale but out of stock.

Wondering with the red dot movement if HK will add a milled slide to the p30 line like they did with the Vp9 line up.

10mm HK is a long shot at best but man I was so excited about my p229 I was going to buy a couple 320’s including the 10mm but so much drama around that 320 line up that I’m just leaning over to HK

Now there is something cool from H&K I would like to see. More models offered with RDS capabilities, a RMR on a USP could be nice.

Reactions: Jin

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I would think they will have to if they want to stay relevant in the market. Granted I’m just one guy but these days I won’t even buy a handgun that is not optics ready.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I seen a few pictures of the 2311 and all though I'm not a gunsmith in my opinion those handgun will lack the quality of Staccato, I have learn about quality of parts and labor over the years and in most cases you get what you pay for. I'm happy that other companies are coming out with DS 1911's (platforms) that are more affordable but at the end of the day it is not the same, in several occasions I ended spending way more money to get some results than if I gotten the high quality tool or gun to begin with. I got a Staccato P and I now looking to buy an XC or Atlas or Nighthawk. I would to save for a while but after seeng my son shoot my Staccato and how he like it and his group WOW, he has shot all my guns over the years and I never seen that face before.

Reactions: Jin

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Bad thing the .gov will limit it to 3.2 watts with no high capacity energy storage devices, time constraints between firings, must alert law enforcement of safe storage, etc.

You talked me out of it. Now I want a SA Prodigy despite the mixed reviews or some other 2011 that doesn't cost a fortune. I'm a poor after all.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Since Glock seems to be discontinuing the Gen 4 models in 9,40 and 357 other Thea LE it makes since to do the same and have a Gen 5 for the 45 and 10mm

That said I’d be surprised if Glock DID NOT make the Gen 5 20 and 21 like the Glock 47 where one recoil spring and guide rods dits the 21-30-41 and the 20-29-40. Just a hunch.

I’m sure the 9 and 40 versions will become that way too.

Just a feeling.

As far as other stuff with shot show every year it’s the same BS so YAWN!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Bad thing the .gov will limit it to 3.2 watts with no high capacity energy storage devices, time constraints between firings, must alert law enforcement of safe storage, etc.
    that's only in Commiefornia and New Dork and New Commiejersey, midwest should be ok.....then we could sell them for HUGE profit in the commie state to the west.....because they get all their weaponry from us anyways

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I quit getting excited about 'new" releases because they are rarely available in the wild for a year or more. At the last shot show Colt reviled a new .22 based on the old Dimondback but called a Cobra for whatever reason. Here a year later try to find one outside of gun joker for $500 over retail. If they are going to release something it should be available

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Since Glock seems to be discontinuing the Gen 4 models in 9,40 and 357 other Thea LE it makes since to do the same and have a Gen 5 for the 45 and 10mm

That said I’d be surprised if Glock DID NOT make the Gen 5 20 and 21 like the Glock 47 where one recoil spring and guide rods dits the 21-30-41 and the 20-29-40. Just a hunch.

I’m sure the 9 and 40 versions will become that way too.

Just a feeling.

As far as other stuff with shot show every year it’s the same BS so YAWN!

I'm wanting a Gen5 G20 MOS.

I don't know anyone who has a Gen5 40 caliber, but wondering now how much public vetting has been done on the heavier recoiling calibers in the Gen 5 configuration?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm wanting a Gen5 G20 MOS.

I don't know anyone who has a Gen5 40 caliber, but wondering now how much public vetting has been done on the heavier recoiling calibers in the Gen 5 configuration?

I know with the Gen 5 30 the slide is wider (looks like they use SA 45 GAP slide at 1.98 a 17 and Gen 4 and earlier 22 slide is 1.0 and a Gen 5 2w won’t fit a Gen 4 holster. The Gen 5 holster weighs 3oz heavier than the Gen 4 and they went back to 2 pins

(3rd pin was added after the frames cracked on The 1990 CHP trials)

So I’m sure it’s less snappy as far as 40’s go.

On the 20/21 they made the slide thick enough for 10mm which is why on the 41 the slide is not as wide. Not sure about the 10mm model 40 so maybe they will go the other direction on a Gen 5 21 with a slide the smaller diameter of the 41 at least

Top Bottom