• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    So I've been having a few good ideas bouncing around in my head for a while, and here's about 2500 words I've put on paper so far. Tell me what you guys think and let me know if you think I should continue or find another hobby. I plan to make a series of post-apocalyptic shorts all tied together through common characters.

Here's Thomas' Story.

Thomas - Day 2

It was getting hot again. The fourth floor apartment built in the mid seventies did have a saving grace during the miserable New York City summer, windows that opened. When the power went out Thomas was able to open his windows unlike some of the modern developments built around centralized heating and cooling. The man sat on his couch, a place he had left only to use the restroom and bath for the past five years, soaked in sweat. He couldn’t reach the windows behind him, and as the sun poured through he could feel the skin on the back of his neck and ears sizzling. Sizzling bacon came to mind. Oh what Thomas would give for just one piece. He was extremely hungry, and although he was desperately thirsty, the only thing that came to mind was food. Looking down at the opened candy bar he had dropped yesterday, Thomas looked around for something to reach or grab for sweet succulent amalgamation of chocolate, caramel, nougat, and nuts.
    For years his sister had come to help him out twice a day. Yesterday she came at eleven in the morning, as usual. They chatted as she made his breakfast and lunch. Every morning Tom ate eight eggs, a pound of bacon, four pre-formed hash browns, and drank a half gallon of milk. He had cut back in the past two years, because the declining economy and the inflation of the dollar had made him stretch his food stamps and welfare check. He was also trying to get into better shape. Since last September he had cut his weight from six-hundred eighty-five pounds to six-hundred fifty pounds. He could certainly tell when he looked in the small hand mirror which sat on the table next to the luscious throne he had built in his living room.
    Was it getting hotter? It had to be, but the couch was so broken down and filthy it carried a sweet stink year round, there was no way of judging. Most summers even with the fan on him he was drenched in sweat. With the power knocked out the fan was dead, there was no TV to watch, and the meatloaf Jamie had made yesterday was probably going to waste in the fridge. Oh the meatloaf… Meatloaf would be amazing right now, even cold. Damn this heat, but it was probably helping him sweat out the pounds. That thought almost made him smile, but the candy bar stared up at him mockingly. “D***** JAMIE! Where are you?” He screamed. His voice was hoarse after yelling the entirety of the previous day. About an hour after she had left the lights went out and the TV died. It was then that he could hear the commotion outside. It sounded like the city had gone crazy with yelling, gunshots, and sirens. Someone must have knocked down some power lines or hit a transformer.
    At dinner time he awaited his beloved sister. The years of taking care of him after Mom and Dad passed had worn on her both physically and emotionally. Her husband of six years finally had enough of her running to his aid every time he called. For two long years Jamie hadn’t so much as spoken to a man in the romantic sense. What was the point? They couldn’t understand her love for Tommy and her need to look after him. The minutes turned into hours, and the violent roars of the city continued into the night, but Jamie never came. Thomas tried to call her, but the phone was out. Figures, everything in the world works until a guy needs a bit to eat. He thought. Never did it come to mind that his sister, the only person in the world who loved and cared for him, may be caught up in the warfare that ensued on the street. Maybe his neighbors would help him. All he needed was a bite to eat and more tea. He yelled for help into the night and eventually wore himself into exhaustion.
    Straining with every fiber of his being Thomas reached for the candy bar, and then it happened… He soiled himself. This was not an uncommon occurrence, and having lost his pride years ago he’d simply call up his sister and she’d come clean him up. With sweat rolling off his face and down his arm he was almost there, the morsel of sweet heavenly bliss was nearly within his grasp. Tom was nearly in tears when he couldn’t grab it. Propping himself up on his knee he sat back up, defeated, saddened, and hungrier than ever. There was a commotion down the hall, maybe someone was coming who would help him. “HELP!!! Help me!” he screamed at the top of his lungs. A knocking at the door brought a smile to his face.
    “Yes! Come in, help me!”
    “Dude, the door’s locked.” A voice from the hall returned.
    “There’s a key on the trim above the door. Just come quickly!” Thomas returned excitedly. The metallic sound of the key moving the tumblers was music to his ears. As the door opened two teens entered carrying baseball bats and knapsacks and pillowcases. One boy walked in first and looked around as if assessing for threats when the other burst into laughter.
    “Bro, look at this fata**. Smells like he s*** himself.”
    “Shut up and pay attention.” The other replied.
    “Please, I’m so hungry. There’s a meatloaf in the fri-” Tom tried to get out.
    “Shut up fatboy! We ain’t here to play house. Where’s your money?” The dominant teen spat at Thomas while pointing the baseball bat at him. Thomas was confused and was nearly in tears from hunger now. After screaming and panicking over the candy bar his mouth was dry, but all he could think of was food.
    “Mon… No, I don’t have any money. My sister has all my money.” He managed to blurt out, “But if you could just get me something to e-”
    “I said SHUT UP! You can handle skipping a meal. Jay, go find his sister. Look in that room.”
    “But she’s not he-” Thomas was silenced when the bat impacted his face knocking him one direction when another swing hit him in the ribs forcing him from the couch he called home. Laying on the floor his jaw was throbbing. He could see the teens’ feet scurrying about from below the coffee table.
    “There’s NOTHING here!”
    “I know, this guy doesn’t have s***.”
    “C’mon, let’s get out of here bro.”
    The teens fled the apartment and left the door standing wide open. Blood was pooling around Thomas’s mouth and that’s when he began to cry. As he tried to speak his mouth crunched and his chest was on fire. Had he broken some ribs? It had been so long since he had done anything that the only pain he had felt in years was from hunger. Under the coffee table he could see a pretzel. It must have fallen off his table, but it still looked OK. Fighting the pain he pulled his free arm from behind him and reached for the pretzel. Success! Stuffing the dirt and dust covered snack into the bloody mess that was his mouth he actually smiled. Thomas ignored the unbearable pain as he chewed the stale piece of heaven. With a grin on his face exhaustion overtook Tom. He closed his eyes and went to sleep on the floor where he fell.
    Campfire. The smell took him back to when he was young. When Thomas was in his teens he was fit. He had played football, wrestled, and played baseball in school. By the end of his junior year in high school recruiters for all three sports where filling his parents’ mailbox and answering machine. He loved camping back then. Sitting around the fire with friends and waking up with nature, those were better days. But this quickly brought him back to the present, he was in the Bronx, and there were no campfires in New York City. Something was on fire that shouldn’t be. Tom opened his eyes and tried to turn his head, but his jaw was so swollen that the slightest movement brought tears to his eyes. He could see his wall was orange from the light flooding through the windows, but this was not daylight. Was it the building across the street? He had not thought of what he would do in the event of a fire. Years of sitting on the sofa he had avoided watching the news and seeing the burnt out buildings around town. He didn’t want to think about the journey out into the hall and down those four long flights of stairs. Could he even do it anymore? Where was Jamie? She missed dinner yesterday and never showed up today. He had soiled himself again in his sleep, and he needed to be cleaned and fed. This was unlike her. In years she hadn’t missed coming to see him even once.
    Until now his hunger had fueled his anger toward her, but he was unaware of what was happening beyond this room. Had the long feared threat of Russians invading the US finally come true? Was this some sort of citywide power outage that sent the area into chaos? Perhaps a kid was shot by a cop like in the past and the city went nuts. Maybe a sporting event sparked it, he had seen videos on TV about places around the world where riots broke out over a soccer match. The “why” didn’t matter, he thought. The only thing that mattered is that he was stuck on the floor and in almost two days the only thing he had eaten was an old pretzel off the floor. What happened to Jamie? She could be hurt, maybe stuck in traffic somewhere because of this mess outside. What if she was dead? Who would take care of him then? Who would help him to the bathroom, who would bathe and feed him?
    He remembered that day. Jamie woke him up to ask for breakfast. A young thing then, she looked to her big brother for help when their parents went out of town. Dad was a consultant and mom took care of his clerical work. Most of the time she could work from home, but this was an important conference in Chicago and going for a week would be a nice vacation on top of work. Thomas got out of bed and went downstairs to get something ready for Jamie before going to the local park to play baseball with his friends. After sitting down to eat the phone rang. Jamie jumped up in hopes a friend would have plans for the day. At fourteen she was in that odd stage between being a girl and becoming a young woman. She answered the phone with a cordial teen greeting, sighed, and while sticking out her tongue she handed the phone off to her brother. Thomas began to stammer and then dropped the phone.
    “They… They never made it to the conference. The taxi was hit by a car, and Mom and Dad… Died.”
    Unable to take his kid sister to college with him, Thomas decided to get a job and support her. After a couple of years and thousands of calls their life insurance paid off, but being in his twenties and supporting a teenage girl it didn’t go as far as they thought it would. His parents death weighed heavily on Thomas every day, as did being the primary breadwinner and the sole provider for Jamie. Some people turn to drugs, drinking, gambling, or other vices to deal with their sorrow. Tom turned to eating. He had given up on sports, staying fit, even trying to date girls. Within a short time he was double his normal size, and refused to leave the house. Jamie was older now, and she had taken over the bills and managing the trust that was left to them. With neither of them working the life insurance money wouldn’t go far. Jamie found her brother a cozy apartment in the Bronx. Although it was not what they were used to, Tom never complained. He moved in a few things, but mostly just stayed home.
    The fire crackled across the street. He thought about the deli he used to love, they had the best sandwiches anywhere in the world. Thomas sniffed the air, he thought he could smell cooking pastrami. A sandwich would be amazing right now, one with ham, roast beef, turkey, three types of cheese, imported Dijon mustard. His mouth started to water at the thought of the amazing deli creation in his mind. Still bleeding he spat a mouthful of blood and phlegm that had built up during his daydreaming. The candy bar! He might be able to reach it now, he could feel it sticking into the arm that was pinned under his chest. Struggling to get the arm out from under him he strained and used everything within his power. All he wanted was a taste. With a pop he freed his arm and felt a pain in his chest worse than when he had been hit the first time. He cried out in pain and when he opened his mouth his jaw felt hotter than the surface of the sun. The he saw it, a brown smudge with a nut in it on his forearm. Like a ravenous dog he nearly leapt on his own arm. Thomas ignored the salty taste of sweat and blood, the grit of the dirt the melted chocolate picked up, and the pain resonating throughout his body. When the residue of the candy bar was gone he continued to lick and suck on his arm like an addict scraping his paraphernalia. Fatigue overtook him once again, and he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Interesting........

I like the different begining. The character is not your typical hero in a SHTF senerio - perfect physical condition, ex military, karate and weapons expert, been prepping for years, kinda guy. I would like to see what happens next.

Although, with this guy being so overwieght I can see this being a "short story". lol.

Good job

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Interesting........

I like the different begining. The character is not your typical hero in a SHTF senerio - perfect physical condition, ex military, karate and weapons expert, been prepping for years, kinda guy. I would like to see what happens next.

Although, with this guy being so overwieght I can see this being a "short story". lol.

Good job

The overall idea of the work will be to make a number of short stories and tie them together through common characters or acts.

I don't know if I'm exactly going to touch on what happens to Thomas. Taking into account this guy's mobility, health, current injuries, and inability to get water or food in his home that is turning into an oven we all know what's going to happen to him. I don't know if I should rub it in everyone's face.

Thanks for the input.

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    I'll be adding more shortly. My fingers are all Fantasia-like on the keyboard today. I have no idea what they're doing, but I'm enjoying watching the story develop.

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Part II - Andrew

Andrew - The Day -1

What was going on with the world? The news on television, the internet, and the radio all spoke of the European economies tanking, and although some crazies from the right side of the political spectrum had been screaming about buying up gold and canned goods there couldn’t be any truth in it. The is America, the greatest country on the face of the earth. Back in college he’d watched CNN and saw how we defeated Iraq in such a short time. Operation Desert Storm was so quick that by the time most of the troops came home they had not even received their desert uniforms. Andy had always chuckled at the thought of guys trying to blend in with the sand in those green outfits. With such a military and political prowess how is it the country was going to hell in a hand basket over some banking problems? We put a man on the moon, and now we are talking about financial collapse over some people that defaulted on their mortgages? This made no sense to him, because as an engineer he studied what could be seen. As a young child he was incredibly advanced at math, reading, and social studies, but he could never truly understand the concept of money. This piece of paper is worth more than this one, but they weigh the same, look and smell the same, and they’re both the same size. How could one be worth more than the other? Diamonds and gold he understand. The rarity of them was what justified their value, but money was printed on machines. I can’t pull out a piece of paper and write something on it and simply declare it’s worth, so why could others?
    The snapping sound was familiar to him. His daydreaming about the world issues must have distracted him when he was entering the program into the machine. One misplaced number or symbol in a CNC machine produces disastrous results. Andrew slammed him hand on the E-Stop button and glanced at the time. 22:48, only twelve minutes until the third shift came in, and he knew he had to fix his mistake before he could go home. With a sigh he opened his machine and stuck his head inside. Coolant was still dripping from the part and he could see the cutting tool was snapped off and the part was scrap now. He began to manually reset the machine to the home position and started to diagnose the origin of his mistake.
    Mike, his supervisor, approached Andrew and explained that the majority of the third shift employees had called in and he would need to stay over until another engineer could come in to relieve him. Andrew reluctantly agreed and went back to his work. After a few minutes into the shift a “work friend” came to his machine to assist him. Andy made the distinction in his mind that work friends were simply to entertain him at work, not to associate with in the outside world. His friends were of a different social class, and although he liked talking to his work friends at work he could not be bothered to spend any time with them away from the shop. Most thought he was kept under wraps by a girlfriend or wife, as he never spoke about his romantic relationships.
    “Hey Drew. Let me give ya a hand.” It was Juan, a younger work friend.
    “How’s it going Juan?” He inquired with a nod.
    “It’s going OK. Can you hand me an eight millimeter socket? Went fishing today, caught a couple of cats. The wife fried them up and I brought you some. I know how you like catfish.”
    “I really appreciate that. I didn’t expect to stay over, so it’ll be a nice treat.”
    “Drew, have you been watching the news man? This economy thing is getting scary.”
    “What about it? The economy is kind of a big issue.” Andrew said, rolling his eyes.
    “Well, like, they’re saying the dollar, there’s like something wrong with it and we should be more aware of what we spend money on and stuff. My church, they are talking about keeping money in the community, and not our community, the Latino community. Padre says we should help each other out in these times, that the president isn’t doing what he said he was going to when we voted for him.”
    This made Andrew think of the buyer’s remorse he’d had for some time now. A liberal his entire life he’d voted for the man who promised to turn this country around, to fix the problems we were in. After three years nothing had happened for the better. Our situation now was even worse than before, and all the president could do was blame the man who held office before him. There had to be something that could be done by the most powerful man in the world, but what?
    “I don’t know about that, Juan. We’re all in this together, you know?” Andrew inquired.
    “Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You know the way a lot of the older people feel about my wife anyways. I always hear about how I should have married a nice Puerto Rican girl, and that white people ruin our culture, but I don’t believe any of that. I love Sarah, that’s why I married her.”
    “Oh I know. We’ve been working together for five years now. I’d never take you for the racist type. There has to be something we can do to fix this problem and there are people working on it all the time. I’m sure we’ll be OK.” The denial was clear in his voice, and the worry was written all over his face. Everything he’d fought and worked for could be taken in the blink of an eye if the economy collapsed. His boat was like a baby to him. Every time he took it north to Lake Michigan he’d call up a couple friends from Chicago and they’d spend the weekend on the water. What good was a boat if gas prices went up to the twenty-five dollars a gallon the news had threatened? Wait, where did these experts get their info? If this happened in the past they’d know how to fix it, so it won’t ever happen here…
    “You’re probably right. You always are, but Sarah started buying bottled water and some canned goods. She’s been watching a lot of TV lately and reading stuff on the internet. Yesterday she tried to get me to give her money to go out and buy a gun.” Juan said while he worked.
    “Why would you need a gun? That doesn’t make any sense at all, and the only thing that would happen is one of you would get shot on accident. Juan, guns don’t have any purpose and they make the world a scary place. We should just get rid of them all.” Andy said, almost disgusted. “I think I can finish up here, thanks for the help.”
    Juan laid down his tools, nodded, and went to his work station. What had made Drew so mad? They were talking like they do every night between shifts, and tonight he seemed like he was mad at something Juan said. Andrew went back to fixing his machine, aggravated by the hype the media had been stirring. If this had caused more people to buy guns there was sure to be more crime and violence. Too angry to continue working Andrew wiped the sweat from his brow and walked to the production office. Opening the door he walked into the air conditioned office and sat at his desk. He picked the phone up and dialed the supervisor’s number. No answer, so he decided to leave a voicemail.
    “Mike, I have a problem and I need to leave for the night. I’ll fill out the attendance form and leave it on your desk. Thank you.” Andrew hung up the phone. He finished up his paperwork and shut down the computer terminal at his desk. On his way to the locker room he saw Mike patrolling the floor. Mike simply pointed to his phone and gave Andrew the thumbs up.
    He headed into the locker room and changed out of his filthy work uniform and boots into his street clothes. Cargo shorts, tennis shoes, a tee shirt, and a ball cap worn backwards. Andrew wasn’t a typical biker by any means, but he loved to ride. The weather tonight was perfect for it so he decided to go for a ride to his old college. Since the time he’d graduated Andy hadn’t changed much, just got older. The wind felt good, for Indiana summers were very hot and humid, but at sixty miles an hour all of that changed. Rolling onto campus Andrew got the looks from young party going twenty-somethings that he loved. The local clubs and bars were a great place to pick up a one night friend, and after a couple drinks and hearing that he had a motorcycle there were very few objections. Andy parked and went into the biggest club on campus, the best place to pick up young beauties. The drinks were cheap and those who frequented the bar went for two reasons, to get drunk or to pick up drunks.
    After paying his cover charge he walked to the bar and ordered a Coke. Andy wasn’t a drinker, he came for the women. Scanning the floor for some singles to dance with he found his mark. She was young, scantily clad, and a redhead… His favorite. This place had been fined heavily by excise a couple months back for serving minors, so he knew she was at least twenty-one, which was fine by him.
    “Andy. Your drink looks empty, how about I buy you another?” He said with the smile of a jungle cat eyeing it’s prey.
    “Katie. I drink Long Islands.” She returned the smile. “He’s not Brad Pitt, but he’ll do.” She thought. With a nod Andrew backed up and made his way to the bar. The lines at there bar were not uncommon, as there were more than eight hundred customers through the doors each night. He waited in line and bought the requested drink and shortly returned to the young lady who awaited it.
    “You with anyone tonight?” Andrew inquired as he handed her the alcoholic concoction.
    “Couple of friends, but they left earlier to take care of one of our sisters who drank too much. Kids…” Katie said with a grin.
    “Indeed. So you’re in a sorority?” Andy asked. The small talk continues for about twenty minutes, and they eventually left the bar together. The ride home was eventful, as Andrew always felt the need to show off the power of the motorcycle to the ladies. Katie held him tight and buried her head into his neck and upper back. He knew it was going to happen tonight, and felt better already. Arriving back at his country home he decided to give Katie the grand tour of the of the ultimate bachelor pad he’d built. A pool table, full bar, big screen televisions, a complete stainless steel kitchen, and an in-ground pool with a hot tub were always hits with the gals.
    “You have a hot tub! Awesome… I wish I had a bathing suit.” Katie said as she bit her lip and started to unbutton her shirt. Andy grinned and followed suit. The slipped into the hot water naked and began flirtatious splashing. Katie grabbed Andrew’s neck and climbed onto his lap, kissing him deeply. The played for some time in the hot tub, and in typical redhead fashion she wanted to be adventurous inside the home. For hours nearly every surface in the house was used as a seat or bed. The two eventually ended up wrapped in each other’s arms in his bed where the both slept off the exhaustion of the night.

Andrew - The Day

Andrew awoke to the sound of his shower running and decided to join his houseguest for an encore. The grabbed a bite to eat in the kitchen and he agreed to drive her back to campus. After the twenty minute drive in his SUV they exchanged numbers, neither with the intent to ever call the other again, kissed, and parted ways.
    Driving away Andrew decided to stop and pick up some groceries while he was in town. Stopping by a large Midwestern chain store he grabbed a cart. It was not until he entered the store that he noticed the chaotic manner in which people were grabbing merchandise. Confused he walked the aisles and placed the items he needed into his cart. When he went down the soft drink aisle he noticed there was no bottled water. There were times when the stock was low, but never nonexistent. The canned goods in the store had been completely ravaged with nearly nothing palatable left. The more he analyzed the situation the more he thought he was in trouble. Andy quickly grabbed up any staple foods he could find and made his way to the checkout.
    “Cash only!” the cashiers yelled to the crowd. People were becoming impatient, and eventually the crowd broke when a lone patron with a heaping cart made his way to the exit. A manager tried to tell the man to stop, but was hit in the stomach and brought to his knees. The man calmly pushed his cart out the doors and was not seen again. Andy didn’t have to ask what was going on. Someone or something had caused the economy to finally break. Maybe the dollar crashed or there was another 9/11 type attack. Whatever happened he needed to get out of town quickly. He and other customers turned in the blink of an eye to looters. They grabbed what they could and made their way out of the store. The thunderclap of a gunshot made people scream, and as he turned around Andy saw a man with a plastic bag in his hands fall to the ground and the floor was now littered with dried beans and the gunman looked around, knelt down, and scooped the beans up, placing them in his pockets. This was another reason to get out of the store. Pushing those in front of him, and being pushed from behind, Andy fought to get out of the store that now resembled the rotting carcass of an animal being picked clean on the African savannah. He finally broke free from the crowd and pushed the cart as fast as he could toward his vehicle. As he unloaded the stolen goods into his backseat he now noticed the items he had picked up and how they made no sense as a whole, but it was better than nothing. A twenty pound bag of Jasmine Rice with some sort of Asian import markings on it, four bottles of barbecue sauce, a jar of Mole, six two-liters of diet root beer, and a case of Ramen noodles. What drove him to steal something he didn’t even like? Andy was used to eating out almost every night or tossing steaks on the grill. What was he going to do with this?
    Another series of shots rang out and he through the cart to the side and slammed the back door. As he jumped into the driver’s seat he fumbled for his keys and started the SUV and drove out of the parking lot with a squeal. Guns. He thought of the conversation he’d had with Juan the night before about his wife buying a gun. What about the people who already have them? What if someone comes to take my things? It finally occurred to him to call 911 about the shooting. The line rang and rang with no answer. Aggravated he tried again.
    “911. What is your emergency?” The dispatcher said.
    “Yes, there’s been a shooting.”
    “OK sir, please remain calm and tell me where the shooting occurred and was anyone hurt?”
    “Uh, at Meijer. A man shot another over a bag of beans and there was another shooting as I left.”
    “Where are you now sir? Are you still at the scene?”
    “No. I got out of there as quickly as possible, I’m driving home now.”
    “Sir, officers will respond as quickly as possible, but I’ll need to take down your name and contact information so your statement can be taken. What??? Sir, please hold.” Andrew could hear the dispatcher set down the headset and he heard the loud snap of gunshots over the phone followed by yelling. Andy quickly hung up the phone and drove home as fast as possible. Pulling into the driveway he pressed the button on his automatic garage door opener and pulled inside. He ran into the house and turned the television to the news and cranked the volume. Andy quickly stopped the tub and turned on the water. Living in the country had taught him when the power goes out so does the water. Moving around the house like the world was in slow motion Andy was filling up anything that would hold water, checking gas cans, pulling out all of his food and making a list. What about the things in the freezer? He’d have to eat that food quickly, just in case the power went out. The phone rang and he looked at the caller ID. He knew the number, but he couldn’t place it. Andrew answered the phone as he jogged across the tile floor to turn down the TV.
    “Hello?”
    “Andy, is that you? It’s Katie. We… Hung out last night.” Her voice was frantic.
    “Oh, hi. What’s going on?” He was shocked to hear her voice, and the thought occurred to him that he’d slept with another woman who wanted something more. With the events of the day he wouldn’t have time to let her down easy, he needed to focus on finding out as much as possible and figure our when things would be back to normal. “Look, I thought we had fun, but I’m not really loo-”
    “What are you talking about? I’m not calling you about another date, haven’t you been watching the news? The world has gone crazy. There are riots all around the country, school is shut down until further notice. Everyone was told to stay in the dorms or the houses, but a lot of the girls are going home.”
    “Ok, just calm down.” He tried to reassure her, but he was just as high strung.
    “My family is back in Baltimore, and there’s nowhere safe around here for me to go. I can’t stay in the dorms, and almost all the girls in the house are leaving. I just don’t want to stay here alone.”
    “Do you want… Are you asking if you can come here?” He stammered.
    “Yes, please. My and my friend don’t have anywhere else to go. It would only be for a bit until everything gets back to normal..” Katie sounded almost as if she was in tears, begging for her life.
    “Uh, yeah. That’s cool, just try to hurry. Bring some canned food if you can.”
    “Canned food? But what, crap. My phone is dying. I’ll talk to you when we get there.” She hung up the phone before he could respond. He heard water splashing on the tile, the tub! Running into the bathroom he turned off the water. What was he going to do? If this was the big snap the media had been talking about it would take weeks, even months to work out. He’s seen two shootings over groceries and heard gunshots from the 911 operator. What was happening to the world?
    A little while after his phone call a pickup pulled into his driveway. Katie was sitting in the passenger seat next to another young woman, and a college aged man was driving. She tried to fake a smile, but the fear was evident in her eyes. The got out of the truck and walked toward the house. The man looked like a classic frat boy with hair that obviously took too much time and effort to look like he’d just rolled out of bed, clothing from a top end retailer with prefabricated holes, and flip flops. Katie introduced the other girl as Nicole and her boyfriend was Todd. The went inside the house and Todd expressed his liking of the way in which Andrew chose to live.
    “Bro, this is a sweet pad. You gotta be makin’ some bank.”
    “I do OK. Do any of you know what exactly is going on?” Andrew asked.
    “I think we should sit down.” Nicole said. The all took a place around the table. Andy offered the kids something to drink, and then passed out Coke-A-Cola’s from the fridge. “I just changed my major, but I was going into economics. In the past two years I’ve been studying trends and figures from the past one hundred years. I think we’re in trouble.” She managed to choke out.
    “How so?” Andy asked, fearing she may recite what he’d heard from the media for months.
    “The spending and debt in our economy has come to an all time high. I could go into a bunch of technical talk, but the dollar is pretty much worthless. This is going to throw the country into chaos, because people have been so hell bent on the idea of Twenty-Twelve that everyone is waiting for the ‘End of the World.’ People have been rioting, looting, and killing each other since the minute the news was released. The President came on TV in a bid press conference and said they’re doing everything in their power, but it’s not enough to stop the people.” She lowered her head and tapped the table.
    “So what do we do now?” Katie said.
    “I don’t know. We never… It was economics, not sociology. How am I supposed to know what to do when the country goes nuts?” Nicole asked her, offended by the question.
    “I think we need to just treat this like any storm. Get canned food, make sure we’ve got lots of clean water, and stay safe.” Andy interjected, not wanting the girls to fight on top of all else. “We’re out in the country, so we won’t have to deal with most of the craziness like in the city. We should be OK out here, but we just need to watch out of anything that could go wrong. I’ve got some tools and a couple softball bats in the garage. Let’s go out and find something everyone can protect themselves with.”
    “I’ve got it covered. I’ll be right back.” Todd said as he stood up from the table and walked out of the house.
    “I have pepper spray in my purse.” Katie said. The trio made their way into the attached garage. In an almost anal way the garage was clean and organized. One wall housed shelves upon which his boating gear sat. Deflated inner tubes, fashionable life vests, water skis, and various tow ropes were all neatly packed just waiting for the first trip of the summer. At this rate Andy didn’t know when he’d see a wide body of water again. Nicole, with her arms folded slowly paced the garage, looking around. She was dressed for others, obviously not for comfort, with a mini skirt, tiny top, and a pair of heeled sandals that added another three to four inches to her petite stature. Her outfit was a compilation that would barely cover a bottle of soda pop but it must have cost more than most of the average American’s paycheck for one week. She had the bearing of a rape victim or a child who was just moved into their own dark room, unknown and frightening. Last night she was buying clove cigarettes and laughing off cheesy pickup lines in a bar, and today she was supposed to be looking for something she could use as a weapon. Would it come down to that? There must be safeguards in place, they’d have to send out the Army to stop the riots and FEMA to hand out food. She thought back to the Hurricane Katrina disaster. How many of them thought the same thing? Did the days turn into weeks, and the weeks to months before someone came to help? She shouldn’t think of that right now. Everything would be fine, and hey… At least they got to hang out somewhere with a bar and pool table until things got better.
    “Hey, where’d you guys go?” A voice called out from the kitchen.
    “Out here, in the garage.” Andrew yelled back into the house as he picked up a crowbar, hitting the palm of his hand with it as if to test the weight. Todd walked into the garage with a molded plastic holster on his hip with a black polymer framed pistol sticking out of it, and a double magazine pouch on the other side. Andrew’s face paled.
    “What the hell is that?” He asked rhetorically.
    “It’s my carry piece. Gen three Glock seventeen. Pretty sweet huh?” Todd replied with a smirk.
    “Sweet? What are doing bringing a ‘piece’ into my house?” Andy sounded like a lawyer cross-examining a witness.
    “Uh, bro… You just told us to find something to defend ourselves with, so I did.”
    “But I never said bring a goddamned GUN into my house. You’re gonna get someone shot. What do you plan to do with that?” His contempt for firearms was apparent, as was his ignorance about them.
    With a scoff Todd motioned to the crowbar and added, “What do you plan to do with THAT? If someone comes here to hurt us or the girls are you just going to ask them to leave? You’ve picked that thing up, and you’d better be ready to use it Broseph.” It was hard to take the man seriously as he used terms that invoked images of keg stands and hazing of Freshmen in their boxers.
    “Broseph? I’m not one of your frat buddies and I’m not your friend. You need to check your attitude and get rid of that damned gu-” It was obvious he was irritated now.
    “Shut up. Both of you. This is crazy, we need to stick together and figure this out.” Katie screeched, quickly ending the argument. Nicole was now in tears, and her friend quick went to her aid, wrapping her in her arms. The pair look as if the would had one lost a boyfriend or failed a midterm, now one was consoling the other as the group inventoried weapons.
    “Shhh, we’re going to be fine hun.” Katie whispered into her friend’s ear as Nicole whimpered into her chest like a puppy who’d been disciplined. She lead her friend back into the home and sat her down on the couch, covering her up with a small blanket. Katie ran her fingers through Nicole’s dark brown hair like a mother with her sick child and glared through the garage door at the two men, still looking at each other with contempt. Todd finally broke and went back into the house to check on his girlfriend.
    Digging around in the garage Andy found an old camp stove and three small propane tanks, two sleeping bags, and an old set of hiking shoes. Was it even worth calling the police back? He knew the man would be going to prison with or without his testimony, and there were more important things to worry about now. He’d have to make sure nothing happened to the cozy palace he’d built.
    Andy dragged the supplies he’d found into the house and began to clear out space in his den. A bare desk, one floor lamp, and a small sofa were all that furnished the room, as this was going to be his next project. He’d wanted to create a library with floor to ceiling bookshelves and ornate leather and wood furniture, but it seemed as if this were never going to see the light of day. The room was perfect for an area to store all the crucial supplies they’d need the weather this storm. Katie entered the room now that Todd had taken over the job of soothing Nicole’s worries.
    “What are you doing Andy?” She asked.
    “I’m getting some things out of the garage to have everything in one spot, just in case we need it.” He said while pushing the desk into one corner to free up as much room as possible. “Out here in the country storms knock out the power all the time, and if we’ve got to get something in the dark I’d rather not go searching for it. I want to set some things up so we‘ll be OK until everything gets worked out.” He said the words as if he were trying to convince himself as much as her.
    “Should we think about what we’ll do if we have to leave? Maybe pack a couple bags, kind of like an insurance policy.”
    “Why would we have to leave? When I’m outside mowing or washing the cars there’s almost never anyone out here.”
    “Oh… OK then. I was just thinking aloud.” She stifled herself to keep Andrew’s mind from wandering too much. If he was in denial about the severity of the situation he may overreact and throw everyone else in the house into a panic that would be bad for all. She’d keep her thoughts to herself for now and try to come up with a solid plan for what to do. Post Apocalyptic fiction was her favorite category for books and movies and everything she’d ever watched or read showed that hope of a quick recovery and rescue was false hope. She knew her friend, and she was aware of how hysterical she could be at times. She’d have to be the strong link in this group, because it had already shown the world how fragile it could be with the argument over the handgun. She walked out of the room and looked around the house. Lots of windows and a very good view of the surrounding area. With the exception of a small shed one could see far off to the tree line, as Andy’s house was surrounded by bean fields, this would be a good thing if the situation got worse. Seeing people coming could give them time to get their things and get out of the house. Katie could hear the news on the television and decided to go watch the latest updates.
    “Well Mike, it’s not looking good. The stock market has closed for the rest of the day in an attempt to prevent a crash. Banks nationwide have closed their doors and disabled AMT and Point of Sale transactions to stop the “Run on the banks” we’ve heard so much about as of late. Most employers have canceled work despite experts assurances that this is not a state of emergency, and that shutting down the state of productivity would actually make matters worse.” One reporter said to another in the newsroom.
    “Kevin, why would employers not heed this warning?”
    “That’s a good question Mike. At this time it’s not really a matter of choice. Employees are walking out, taking vacation or sick time, and at the current there are simply too many people off work to continue to keep anyone working. A local plumbing supply factory reported over two-hundred fifty workers missing from their first shift crew, which is roughly three hundred people.” Katie stood up and turned off the TV. Todd and Nicole looked at her in confusion.
    “They’re not telling us anything useful. Right now we need to be ready to take care of ourselves for a while. Think about the things you can’t live without, and we should get those things before they’re all gone.”
    “All gone? What do you mean?” Nicole asked, frightened. Katie approached her and knelt in front of the couch.
    “Honey, we’re going to be fine, but we just need to have a couple things until everything gets straightened out. K?” She smiled at her friend and rubber her knee softly. Nicole nodded.
    The morning turned into midday and the group sat down for lunch. After eating Nicole seemed much more stable and began to help make lists of necessary items to sustain their living situation. Todd and Andrew barely spoke the rest of the day and were still obviously agitated about the argument in the garage. The group moved all the staple foods in the home to the den that would now be used as the supply depot. They stacked the items in laundry baskets and on the desk. Andrew didn’t realize how bare his kitchen was until they started moving the food into the den, but taking into account how much he ate out it was no real surprise. Everyone agreed to eat the food from the fridge and freezer first so nothing would go to waste if there was a power outage. The hours rolled by, and a day of work wouldn’t seem like much, but in conjunction with the stress it quickly sucked all of the young adults’ energy by sundown. Nicole and Todd took their place in the guest room, and Katie slipped once again into Andrew’s bed. The night was a quiet one. The summer lovemaking of the day before was the last thing on anyone’s mind when they closed their eyes to go to sleep. All awoke a couple times during the night at the smallest sound. It was as if they’d gone from average college age kids to seasoned hunters, freezing and throwing their eyes toward every sound of movement around them. They feared that each day would be worse than the last, and that help may not come.

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Kuting:
    One small suggestion - seperate the paragraphs. Makes it easier to read and keep track of which line one is on. (I realize it takes up a bit more room that way.)

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Kuting:
    One small suggestion - seperate the paragraphs. Makes it easier to read and keep track of which line one is on. (I realize it takes up a bit more room that way.)

Yeah, I noticed when I copied it from the original .doc file that mozilla didn't keep the indents making it look kind of haphazard.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yeah, I noticed when I copied it from the original .doc file that mozilla didn't keep the indents making it look kind of haphazard.

In that case, an extra "ENTER" between paragraphs might work.

BTW: great stories! The first one - that guy is DEAD! No doubt.
    The second one - exciting - keep it coming. Please.:rockwoot:

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Paul - The Day -1

“Paul, I need you to clean the bathrooms before you clock out.” The short woman said from the office.

Paul nodded his head and moved toward the back of the store to retrieve the mop bucket and cleaning supplies. He hated cleaning the restrooms, he hated his uniform, and he hated this job. One day he wouldn’t have to deal with it any more. Opening the door to the men’s room his heart sank. They’d done it again… High school kids had a habit of defecating in the urinal when he was working, because Burger Stop had a part time employee who also attended the school in close proximity to the store. After the first time someone did it she informed all her friends that Paul was the one who had to clean it up. Being teens, many found it humorous, and Paul was forced to clean up their prank. He pulled on a pair of gloves and proceeded to scrub the bathroom. When he finished up he clocked out and changed back into his street clothes. Stuffing his greasy uniform he looked at his watch, an original Army watch he picked up at a gun show. The bus! Paul fled the store and ran down the street to the bus stop just in time to see it turning the corner two blocks away.

Exhausted from six hours at work and a two mile walk home he fumbled for his keys and descended the basement stairs to his apartment. It wasn’t really an apartment because his mother paid the rent, washed his laundry, and often prepared his food. Paul dropped his backpack on the floor and sat down on his bed and untied his shoes. He’d have time for a shower before he had to be online for the lesson he’d be hosting in the iSurvive.net chat room.

Growing up watching post apocalyptic movies and reading books of the same genre he’d grown to love the idea of the world around him crumbling. No rules to restrain him, no jocks to beat him up, no girls at the mall to turn down his dates. With his skills and preparations the sheep would crowd around him, asking for advice or wanting food, begging to share his bed and be protected. For years they’d all belittled him and thrown his to the side as if he didn’t matter… They’d be sorry.

“Paulie, when did you get home baby?” A voice called from the living room.

“Ma, I been home. I gotta get in the shower and then get on the computer, there’s an important meeting I’m hosting.”

“How many people will be coming over, honey? Do I need to make tea and coffee, or just one?”

“Mom, it’s on the computer. No one is coming over, it’s on the internet.” He replied, shaking his head.

“Ok, just let me know if you need anything.” She said, let down by the fact that her only child looked at her as a burden and embarrassment. She’d never told him she didn’t want to be seen with him in public or acted too good to spend time with him. What had she done to him to deserve this?

After showering and admiring the muscles he had developed over the past couple weeks from following along with the Tae Bo videos he’d downloaded, Paul walked back down to the basement, not even addressing his mother on the way. He sat down at his computer and opened his browser. Clicking on his bookmarks he selected iSurvive.net and waited on the page to load. In the login name box he entered his internet handle, “SEALSniper762” and his password. He was not actually a SEAL, nor was he in the Navy, but no one knew that. This was the internet and you could be anything you wanted. Paul wanted to be a SEAL, and had gained a reputation as being one on his online community. People would frequently email him with questions about preparedness supplies, firearms, and tactics. He was an expert in his field due to search engines and online encyclopedias. Any question asked he could quickly snap back with a copied block of text from another site. His online life was good, because people loved and looked up to him. One day the whole world would do the same.

Meeting Hall: SEALSniper762 has entered the room.
    Freeman1776: Hey SS
    Gardengirl: There he is!
    SEALSniper762: hey folks. i’ll preface this by saying that tonights lecture will be also released as a blog for any who miss it in it’s entirety.
    Gardengirl: cool so what are we talking about?
    SEALSniper762: Melee weapons and their employment in the field. primarily the sword.
    Freeman1776: sounds great!
    killatim: NICE!
    SEALSniper762: Let’s begin. when I went through SEAL training there was a lot of focus on weapons. Guns are important, but we did so muc more work with knives and swords. A gun is good if your enemy is far away, but you never need to reload a sword, it’s quieter, and they kill much quicker than the lucky shot some may talk about.

Paul continued to talk for the next two hours about theories on combat and the crazy ideas he had accumulated since high school. He had a shelf dedicated books on sword wielding, medieval combat, martial arts, and numerous DVD’s on the subject as well. The young man was a seasoned armchair commando, ready to put down any threat to his comic book collection or vintage toys, still in the box of course. He finished up his lecture and signed off. Paul climbed the stairs and stepped outside. Pulling a tube out of his pocket he lit up a cigar. He was under the impression that smoking a cigar made him seem sophisticated and intelligent. He was under the impression that a lot of things were true that weren’t.

After he had finished his nightly smoke he returned to his castle to listen to the latest piece of conspiracy theory by Alan James, an internet loon committed to revealing the atrocities of the Government. Tonight Alan was briefing his viewers on the laser system being affixed to the international space station, disguised as an orbital weather recording machine. The people must be informed that the New World Order was putting a weapon into space that could vaporize a human target in the blink of an eye. We are all at risk. As the video was playing Paul pulled out his ALICE pack to do a weekly check of his gear. He felt it was essential to have a “Bug-out-bag” in the event of some sort of disaster. If he had to leave for good with only one bag he’d have to make sure it counted. The bag weighed almost one-hundred twenty pounds of “gear” and essentials he would need to live off the land indefinitely. Loaded down with clothes, MRE’s, a gas mask, binoculars, ammunition for his Tokarev, a Russian handgun from the early 1900’s, and everything else you could think of the pack was nearly immovable. Paul, however, felt he could carry it just fine if he needed to. He had done so around the basement many times.

Paul completed his nightly tasks and crawled in bed, completely oblivious that everything he’d hoped for over the last five years would become reality.

Paul - The Day

Paul awoke to the sound of his cell phone rattling around on his nightstand. He opened the phone to see that he had missed six text messages. His fast food wages couldn’t support his internet bill, collectibles, the required preparedness essentials he saw to be necessities, and a voice plan for the phone, so it used it for texting alone. Scrolling through the messages he was curious about what had been so important. All the missed texts were from the same number, one he knew as the poster Freeman1776 from iSurvive.net. Their friendship had broken the bounds of the internet and they would often text each other about current events, training, and new ideas on preparedness.

Message 1: “SEAL, are you watching the news?”
    Message 2: “Wake up, it’s important.”
    Message 3: “WAKE UP!”
    Message 4: “It’s happening.”
    Message 5: “Man, get out of bed and turn on the news, GO TIME!”
    Message 6: “Best of luck to you friend, see you at the place. Freeman, out.”

“The place” as it was referred, was a spot some of the members of the site had picked out to all meet up and start a survival community when the world crumbled. The satellite images and maps they found around the net made it seem like the perfect place to set up a camp. None had ever been to the land, nor did they know to whom it belonged, but there are no such thing as property lines when the world goes to hell. Paul switched on the television set and saw the horror unfolding on the news. His heart nearly skipped a beat and he smiled like a child on Christmas morning. Today was the day, and his new life was about to begin. He scrambled to the other side of the room and pulled a plastic tote off the shelf. Opening the box he pulled out a uniform he’d put together from various internet retailers, military surplus stores, and gun shows. Today he could finally wear it outside the house without getting hassled. He unfolded the top to make sure his nametape and trident were proudly displayed, the rank he had bestowed upon himself, Petty Officer First Class, was high indeed, but he felt he could pull it off no questions asked. Paul donned the uniform and put on his pistol belt, then opened the drawer of his nightstand and jammed his Tokarev into the holster. From it’s rack on the wall he placed his sword on his back with the sheath pulled tightly to him.

“Mom, lock the door and pack your things. We’re leaving as soon as I get back.” He said, running up the stairs.

“Honey, what’s going on? Have you seen the news?” She replied to the slamming of the screen door.

Paul needed a truck. His mother couldn’t drive and he was not able to afford a vehicle, so the family had taken the bus for years. To get all of his equipment to “The Place” would take some space, so a truck would be the first thing he’d have to take. He assumed he’d be able to bluff a vehicle away from someone, but was ready and willing to take one by force if necessary. He jogged a couple blocks, and slowed his pace, winded from running. He was not in the best shape, although thin. Near a mini-mart he saw a truck he thought would be perfect, and a man was already loading up groceries in the back. Paul approached the man, in his late sixties with a long beard, ponytail, and very little on top to work with. The man wore jeans and a tee shirt, and looked to Paul to be an excellent mark for his little scam.

“I’m sorry, but I need to commandeer your vehicle, official Navy SEAL business.” Paul said in his most assertive voice. A young girl, about nine years old looked up from the front of the cart where she was helping place bags in the truck.

“Boy, you’re no more a Navy SEAL than you are a circus seal. I’m in a rush so I’m gonna give you the opportunity to walk away wearing that getup.”

“Sir, I don’t think you understand. Give me the truck, that’s an order.” Paul maintained his bearing, in his mind he was no longer the fry cook at the Burger Stop, he was a trained killer. However, in his haste to procure a vehicle he had failed to notice the POW MIA and Vietnam Veteran bumper stickers, the DAV license plate, or the Marine Corps decal in the rear window.

“Leslie, hop into the truck, Granddad needs to talk to this man for a second.” The old man said nicely to the girl as he opened the door for her. She got in and he closed the door behind her. The man approached Paul with a glare and said to him, “Son, don’t call me Sir, and DON’T give me orders, is that clear? I don‘t know who you think you are, but I know for damn sure who you‘re not. Now get out of what‘s left of my hair before you make me angry.”

“I’m not going to tell you again,” Paul said, unfastening the button on his holster and drawing his pistol on the man, “I’m taking this truck, now get the girl out.”

“It’s the wrong day to play this hand son, now put that down before you get hurt.” Said the man, his eyes narrowing.

“I’m done talking.” Paul said, and jerked the trigger of the pistol, followed by the loudest sound he had ever heard. *Click* He looked down at the weapon in shock and by the time he had looked back up the man had already grabbed the muzzle and planted a right hook squarely in Paul’s jaw. As he fell to the ground he lost his grip of the weapon and the man dropped the magazine, locked the slide back, and tossed it into the back of the truck. He followed Paul to the ground, kneeling beside him, and delivered numerous punches to the boy’s face and ribs. Crying out in pain Paul squirmed and tried to block the shots which he rightfully deserved. The man stood and spat near Paul.

“All you kids, want something for nothing. You know how much it hurts to kick someone’s ass with arthritis in both hands?” He inquired angrily at the boy trying to hide his whimpers and sobs. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a Swiss Army Knife and opened the blade, wincing as his knuckles painfully popped and cracked. He slowly knelt again beside the boy. Paul thought the man was going to kill him, and he was not yet ready for death, there was so much to do. The man grabbed Paul’s sleeve and cut the stitching on his rank, and removed the patch, followed with the Navy patch on his chest, and pulled off the trident. Grabbing Paul by the hair he trained the boy’s eyes on the building across the street. It was an Army/Navy recruiting center.

“Them boys over there can tell you how to earn some just like these, but I’m takin’ ‘em, and you’re not gettin’ ‘em back. This pistol’s comin’ with me too, you don’t need it anymore. Keep that sword, do whatever the hell you want with it.” The man said, fighting to get back on his feet. He climbed into the truck, patted the girl on the head, and drove away. As the truck roared away Paul rolled over and punched the ground in anger.

“NO! It’s not fair!” He screamed, tears in his eyes. He stood up, now realizing the damage that had been done to not only his self image, but his body in the previous two minutes. His ribs were throbbing and his face was on fire. Blood trickled out of the corner of his mouth and he spat to keep from swallowing it. He walked back home, spirit broken, and even angrier at the world than before. This was his stage and people were supposed to do as he commanded. He did not release his clenched fists the entire walk home, and waited for someone to approach him, just so he could take his anger out on them. Finally walking up the steps to the house he tried the screen door, but it was locked. He forgot he told his mother to stay inside. Paul banged his fists on the heavy metal screen door. “Mom, open the door. MOM!” His mother appeared at the door with a look of shock in her eyes. She opened the inner door and reached for the lock on the screen.

“Honey, what happened?” She asked in a concerned voice. Paul slammed his fist on the door.

“Shut up Mom. Open this door!” He said angrily, infuriated at the question as it brought the event back to his mind as if it was happening again. His mother’s hand stopped short of the lock and she looked puzzled at what had gotten into him.’

“But I just-”

“SHUT UP!” He screamed, blood and spit flying with his words and running down his chin like a fight dog in some abandoned warehouse. “You open this door NOW! You will listen to me!” He let out in a guttural growl. He had turned into a wild animal in the short time since he left the house. His mother looked at him in fear now, glad he was on the other side of the door.

“What, what are you?” She managed to get out, in tears from her son’s outburst.

“They wouldn’t listen Mom!” He slammed on the door again. “They told me I wasn’t a real SEAL, they told me I couldn’t do it. They WON’T listen to me. They HAVE TO! If they want to make it I have to be in charge. ME Mom, ME!” He continued his tantrum and hammered his fists into the door. His mother backed away slowly, and as she shook her head she mouthed “I’m sorry” and closed the front door. Paul began to sob as he heard the lock. He turned his back to the door and fell to his knees, crying over and over again “It’s not fail. I was supposed to be special now…”

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    your a very good writter!! I like the story. keep it up. I wanna see that deusch get his ass kicked some more, lol. make sure he tries to fight someone with his sword :laugh:

reminds me of a guy i knew who wanted to take his sword to iraq :laugh::laugh::laugh: no, he didnt know how to use it

Top Bottom