• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for all the input INGO. They are very tempting! But I think I will stick with 5 1/2 in. as my "short barrel" lol

Especially the Redhawk!! I've wanted one of those since the 1980's!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have a Smith 629 Backpacker with a 2 1/2 inch ported barrel. The ported barrel is great for recoil, not so great for muzzle flash.
    This is a pic of me shooting it last fall.

attachment.php

Last edited:

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Let's hope one of the regular "smart guys" on here, don't quote you as coon fingering your "short barrel", you'll never live that down on here.
    Nice wheel gun by the way.

I've been told that girth is more important, so at least he has THAT going for him (given that he is "coon fingering" a .44, of course)

...hopefully that doesn't make me one of those "smart guys" you were referring too

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been told that girth is more important, so at least he has THAT going for him (given that he is "coon fingering" a .44, of course)

...hopefully that doesn't make me one of those "smart guys" you were referring too

That big .44 Mag is much better than the little "plinker" in your avatar. LOL!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Let's hope one of the regular "smart guys" on here, don't quote you as coon fingering your "short barrel", you'll never live that down on here.
    Nice wheel gun by the way.

That gave me a good laugh. I really stepped into that one. It's usually my wife that says something like that. I will have to share that with her. LOL Besides, you might notice that my short barrel isn't THAT short.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have an Alaskan, and, while I find it more comfortable to shoot than my Bisley hunter, the pressure from the blast always gives me a sinus type headache after a dozen or so rounds. The Bisley doesn't do that, but really starts my hand to hurting in two or three rounds. The standard Blackhawk and super Blackhawk grips just are too painful for me anymore. I want a Talo, and I'm sure I'll eventually get one, but can't think of ANY reason WHY I should get one.:):

Top Bottom