• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    in barneys in manhatten? even if it was legal i'd stop and consider a moment what's going on here. if you're a farmer and a duck walks into your hog barn, you wouldn't wonder why he was there?

Because young black people have no business in a high end department store, right?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Because young black people have no business in a high end department store, right?

you're quick to jump my ass when i gave clear evidence that my point was based on wanting more information from the PD on how they drew probable cause.

i stated that no matter color of skin, if someone is dressed as a black thug or a white thug or a hillbilly i'd judge them out of place in said high-end department store.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Wow people, I figured INGO to be a little more sympathetic to a persons rights. When you say if he was dressed like a thug then it would be ok to stop him, thats the same thing as saying its ok to stop a black person anytime they do not "fit in". No, it is never right, and should never happen. I happen to be a young half black man. I have many different outfits that I wear. They range from athletic shorts and a tee-shirt, jeans and a jacket with earrings, to a full suit. And I OC a lot of the time. No matter what I am wearing, I never expect to be stopped for being somewhere and buying something. Would you guys report me if I walked into Rural King with jeans and earrings on and purchased ammo? Hell, with the thinking that happened in New York to this young man I should be getting ready to do a drive by shooting. It would be crazy for you guys not to call the cops on me right? Oh and btw, my windows are tinted on my car. I must be dealing drugs too right guys? I'm ashamed right now at some of you guys because this was about his skin color. Plain and simple. And don't get the wrong opinion of me. I consider myself part of the tea party and very conservative.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    you're quick to jump my ass when i gave clear evidence that my point was based on wanting more information from the PD on how they drew probable cause.

i stated that no matter color of skin, if someone is dressed as a black thug or a white thug or a hillbilly i'd judge them out of place in said high-end department store.

I think the point is that there has to be a way for anyone to buy something legally without being subjected to unreasonable searches and being detained. The kid made a legal transaction using his debit card, but it should not matter if it was cash. It is not reasonable to question and detain someone who makes a legal purchase just based on the way they look, whether that be because of their race or whether they are dressed like a thug. In previous decades, another form of this racism was to deny blacks the ability to go through the same entrances as white people, and to prevent them from using the same facilities. It just does not seem too far of a leap from what happened to this kid, to the outright blatant racism this country has seen in the not too distant past.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well thats fine as long as they are not a federally protected class of people. With that thinking would it be ok for places to not be handicap accessible or refuse to allow mentally handicap persons at their establishments?

No class of person should be federally protected, I think it would be fine if a place did not want to be handicap accessible.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    It seems as there is an agenda here more of "black victimization" than of anything else. Remove the race and is it still an issue? Replace black with white and is it as big a deal? We see this all the time where blacks and democrats can get away with things said and actions taken that if a white conservative did the same thing, he would be hung out to dry......check into Sen Dick Durbin if you need an example.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    No class of person should be federally protected, I think it would be fine if a place did not want to be handicap accessible.
    I kind of agree with you here. I for one would not patronize a business that wasn't handicap friendly to use the PC vernacular. I was stuck in a wheel chair for 7 months and then crutches for another 6 so I know all about the handicap point of view.The business would be free to make its choice just as I would be free to make mine.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    its probable cause to be wary. i'll come off and say it was wrong to demand ID to match the debit card.

I actually prefer stores to ask for my ID with my card. It protects them from fraud and protects me from theft. (and I've put "Please check ID" in the signature blank on the back, too) That said, it's very rare for them to do so.

I kind of agree with you here. I for one would not patronize a business that wasn't handicap friendly to use the PC vernacular. I was stuck in a wheel chair for 7 months and then crutches for another 6 so I know all about the handicap point of view.The business would be free to make its choice just as I would be free to make mine.

I'd agree with this, regardless of who it was (that is, which group) that the owner didn't want there.

Let's also continue to use caution that this thread remains about the actions taken, and not against whom they were taken, please and thank you.

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What if the owner doesnt want them there?
    This.

I think people are innocent until they're not.

But the store owner also gets to treat customers however he or she wants.

I think they're looking for the crooks in the wrong places.

Heh, that's what I was thinking. But I guess everything is worth what people are willing to pay.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or it's bred into them from a young age that deviant behavior is acceptable and often commendable. Listen to the top influential song writers of that culture and find the evidence.

[video=youtube;RITCE91Q0IM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITCE91Q0IM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

So music, TV, and video games influence actions? Care to make a wager as to which demographic purchase the most of stuff from that "culture?"

Top Bottom