• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    WTHR is reporting that the driver that caused all this died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
    Ya know, used to, when I would hear a story like this, I would think to myself “damn, it’s really sad that someone felt so hopeless that they would choose this method as an end to their problems”.

Now, I just don’t give a ****. One less problem running loose in society.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ya know, used to, when I would hear a story like this, I would think to myself “damn, it’s really sad that someone felt so hopeless that they would choose this method as an end to their problems”.

Now, I just don’t give a ****. One less problem running loose in society.
    I've known so many people that have gone through some REAL **** in their lives and didn't choose that option, so I've never really had any sympathy for anyone that chose to use it. They toughed it out and either came through it, or (in the case of an illness for example) it killed them, but they went down swinging.

But I do understand that clinical depression is a real thing, so I can see that coming into play. Still don't agree with the "solution" though.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m kind of at the place where a couple of years ago I would’ve said “everyone loves a happy ending”, but there’s really not much to be happy about here. Everyone has someone who loves them, depends on them, will be regretful that they could have done more, etc. Just nothing happy about it.
    You’re absolutely correct. There’s nothing to celebrate, and I question myself for feeling the way I do, seriously.

But it’s just so tiring, day after day after day, the same ****, generally the same actors, and the same lame ass excuses.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There definitely has to be more to the story. Nobody kills themselves over a traffic violation. "Crap! I ran a red light and po-po is on my tail! I've gotta run and if they catch me I'm gonna kill myself!" - said no sane person ever.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sign of the times. I've been going to Sam's Club on the Westside for a couple decades. The place has really changed in the past few years. They now have security guards. I need to go check out that new Costco. :draw:
    There are times it feels as if I’m in a foreign country there. I get my prescriptions there so I go every few weeks. It’s pretty interesting at times. I always hit the concessions before I leave, hot dog and a drink for $1.50!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    You’re absolutely correct. There’s nothing to celebrate, and I question myself for feeling the way I do, seriously.

But it’s just so tiring, day after day after day, the same ****, generally the same actors, and the same lame ass excuses.
    I understand… One of the most heartfelt confessions I’ve ever made since I became a Catholic was how much trouble I have loving my neighbors at times. When the priest responded “welcome to the club!” I knew it was going to be a productive confession. It can be very difficult at times.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    There are times it feels as if I’m in a foreign country there. I get my prescriptions there so I go every few weeks. It’s pretty interesting at times. I always hit the concessions before I leave, hot dog and a drink for $1.50!
    Ah yes, they're famous for that. I used to do the same every time I went there. Anyway, I can't get my meds and eye scripts there. My insurance is through a union and they won't except it. lol Boy, they're hatred for unions is legendary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Too many direct routes out of town.
    Too many new Apts. and Condo's going up out of town in the small bedroom communities.
    This brings them out. Going to see friends that moved out your way.
    They see easy picking in a laid back area.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Too many direct routes out of town.
    Too many new Apts. and Condo's going up out of town in the small bedroom communities.
    This brings them out. Going to see friends that moved out your way.
    They see easy picking in a laid back area.
    Well maybe, just maybe we made the pickings a little tougher come July 1st.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There definitely has to be more to the story. Nobody kills themselves over a traffic violation. "Crap! I ran a red light and po-po is on my tail! I've gotta run and if they catch me I'm gonna kill myself!" - said no sane person ever.
    But when somebody let's it escalate to the level this person did, running and shooting at the police, then causing a big standoff that closes the Interstate, maybe they came realize that for the very foreseeable future their life is gonna REALLY suck much more than it is already.
    So they just checked out.

Top Bottom