• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    any who... I wonder if Glock is cutting people or Dave found something better. It's not just about the sponsorship since he was also an employee of the company.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    You are aware that we are referring to her two other assets aren't you?
    Not her smile and charming personality either, but whether or not the fun bags are a gift from god or are the sweater puppets man made.....

My bet, when she lays on her back, it is not just her eyes that are still pointed straight up

Having...spent time in the company of....similarly...designed...well...assets... :-) , I say they are After Market. God couldnt make em that perfect! Thank you DOW/Corning and Silly-Cone!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Wondering about which top shooter works for which company doesn't really do it for me. It's akin to spending time talking about the new judge on American Idol.

Boobs, in the other hand, do. Not Jakes either. I've got decades of experience as a boobman.
    My old saying about fake boobs: "you show me a woman who will go through that much pain and expense to look sexy and I'll show you a woman I'd like to spend the weekend with."

YMMV

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    My old saying about fake boobs: "you show me a woman who will go through that much pain and expense to look sexy and I'll show you a woman I'd like to spend the weekend with."

YMMV

Now that is a genuine platinum nugget of wisdom right there! :yesway:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I am curious about the Sevigny deal. Glock built their competition presence on his back and I would liken him to Todd Jarrett at Para, Robbie at Springfield and Jerry at Smith and Wesson. I am surprised and would love to hear the truth behind it. If Dave found something better than props to him but I would have thought Glock would have done anything possible to keep him.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Wondering about which top shooter works for which company doesn't really do it for me. It's akin to spending time talking about the new judge on American Idol.

Boobs, in the other hand, do. Not Jakes either. I've got decades of experience as a boobman.

YMMV

A quote from my wife " Those are fake"
    My answer is always " and what's your point"

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I am curious about the Sevigny deal. Glock built their competition presence on his back and I would liken him to Todd Jarrett at Para, Robbie at Springfield and Jerry at Smith and Wesson. I am surprised and would love to hear the truth behind it. If Dave found something better than props to him but I would have thought Glock would have done anything possible to keep him.

I was thinking the same thing, unless they don't really understand the value of having a guy like him promoting the company.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    It isnt like I know anyone involved, but I would be surprised if Glock didnt realize what they had. Then again, Im very suprised at the whole situation.

kettlebell03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing, unless they don't really understand the value of having a guy like him promoting the company.

I'm not sure it's that they don't understand the value of Sevigny, but maybe more that what he represents isn't necessarily a top priority for the company. Glock's main market and focus will always be the LE/Mil community, not the competition community. With between 65-70% of LE agencies in the country adopting some sort of Glock, marketing to the competition world will always be secondary.

I also think this may be an issue of Sevigny outgrowing Glock. He's easily one of the most successful and recognizable names in the shooting sports, and Glock has been rumored to be somewhat restrictive in what other sponsors their shooters can take on as well as what other shooting activities they can do on company dime. I wouldn't be surprised if Sevigny didn't sign on with any other major manufacturer at all, but instead collected many smaller sponsers under the umbrella of Sevigny Performance. His day job might consist of training, consulting, development of new products and expansion of current ones. His sights from Warren Tactical have really taken off, for example.

Some of the Georgia shooters I shot with at the Indiana Section Match said that Sevigny was interested in getting into 3 gun. Being on his own would allow him to take on different sports, and in essence shoot what he wants versus being married to a particular manufacturer's products. I don't look for him to quit shooting glocks, but maybe just shoot glocks in production/limited division. Bottom line - I'll bet he's gotten to the point where he can do better without being tied to Glock for his day-to-day activities.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Very good points kettlebell. I also think Glock is sitting on it's butt too much thinking they will own the LE market for a long time. I wonder if they truly realize how fast the M&P line is digging in to their market.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    While Sevigny is surely what helped Glock become such a force in the competition market, that market is small enough that I doubt the company will feel the effect there. I think that the idea was for Dave to show the LE market what is possible with a stock duty pistol, even when compared to "raceguns". Thats an opinion, and worth what ya paid for it. Still curiously awaiting new info....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Re: the fake shooting accessories

I contend that appearance while fully clothed as well as motion (or lack thereof) are not conclusive evidence. Modern brassiere technology is capable of producing results that defy expectation.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Public Statement by Dave Sevigny, 9/28/11

by Dave Sevigny on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:57pm

Now that my 2011 season is over I wish to address what at least one person has referred to as "the elephant in the room". Elephant in the Room | Sass, Brass & Bullets

Please rest assured, I am as shocked as anyone regarding the accusations involving Billy Abbate and a fifteen year old minor. It has been incredibly hurtful to hear some people are speculating that I may have also been involved. Nothing could be further from the truth. Let me be clear: I am not a suspect, nor will I ever be. I also was not a witness to any inappropriate behavior between the two, nor did I have any reason to suspect much less know that Abbate was engaging in a secret and illegal affair with the minor girl.

I have heard criticisms that I somehow should have known about the secret relationship between the minor and Mr. Abbate. I don’t see how, especially when I was not told the truth about their “friendship”. In fact, the family of the minor and Mr. Abbate had a closer relationship than I ever did with either party. I have also heard rumors that I engaged in lewd or distasteful acts with the minor. Rest assured, these disgusting rumors are patently false. I don't know if a specific individual is purposely spreading lies or if people are just widely speculating that I must somehow be involved because of my recent departure from my old sponsor. Regardless, I want to set the record straight and hope this puts an end to these sickening rumors.

Throughout my eleven year association with my former sponsor (eight years of which I served as an employee), I was completely loyal to the company. I acted as a mentor to numerous shooting team members and built a winning record of 150+ major championship wins using products from this company. I am proud of what I have accomplished. Some have said that I am taking the rest of the year off. While I am done competing this season by choice, I will rise above this unfortunate incident and will work hard on building a brand that will endure, just like I did before.

Respectfully,
    Dave Sevigny

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Public Statement by Dave Sevigny, 9/28/11

by Dave Sevigny on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:57pm

Now that my 2011 season is over I wish to address what at least one person has referred to as "the elephant in the room". Elephant in the Room | Sass, Brass & Bullets

Please rest assured, I am as shocked as anyone regarding the accusations involving Billy Abbate and a fifteen year old minor. It has been incredibly hurtful to hear some people are speculating that I may have also been involved. Nothing could be further from the truth. Let me be clear: I am not a suspect, nor will I ever be. I also was not a witness to any inappropriate behavior between the two, nor did I have any reason to suspect much less know that Abbate was engaging in a secret and illegal affair with the minor girl.

I have heard criticisms that I somehow should have known about the secret relationship between the minor and Mr. Abbate. I don’t see how, especially when I was not told the truth about their “friendship”. In fact, the family of the minor and Mr. Abbate had a closer relationship than I ever did with either party. I have also heard rumors that I engaged in lewd or distasteful acts with the minor. Rest assured, these disgusting rumors are patently false. I don't know if a specific individual is purposely spreading lies or if people are just widely speculating that I must somehow be involved because of my recent departure from my old sponsor. Regardless, I want to set the record straight and hope this puts an end to these sickening rumors.

Throughout my eleven year association with my former sponsor (eight years of which I served as an employee), I was completely loyal to the company. I acted as a mentor to numerous shooting team members and built a winning record of 150+ major championship wins using products from this company. I am proud of what I have accomplished. Some have said that I am taking the rest of the year off. While I am done competing this season by choice, I will rise above this unfortunate incident and will work hard on building a brand that will endure, just like I did before.

Respectfully,
    Dave Sevigny

WOW!:n00b:

ipsc1719

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    There appears to have been some holes in his statement which have come to light since Sevigny posted that statement. I heard investigations into this case are far from over in several states and also the feds. It will be interesting to see what does or does not come out in the future.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There appears to have been some holes in his statement which have come to light since Sevigny posted that statement. I heard investigations into this case are far from over in several states and also the feds. It will be interesting to see what does or does not come out in the future.
    Links?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

hmmm, are we googling the internets looking for this topic to make unsubstantiated comments?

Top Bottom