• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Starting to get interesting in Columbus!

Noticed about an hour ago the puddles on my back concrete porch were starting to turn to slush. Have had light power flickers 4 or 5 times in the last 10 minutes, enough to reboot the DVR and TV, not enough to trip the power centers or surge suppressors on my computers or reset alarm clocks yet. 25th and Taylor area in Columbus

Heads up Weaker and U.S. Patriot! Whoever other Columbus-ites we got on here...

Last I saw my home thermometer says 27, been dropping maybe a degree and hour from 30 degrees a little after lunch...

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    app 3/8" freezing rain and sleet last night here in Brownsburg but only sleet for the last hour or so. No power issues yet but have plenty of firewood moved in and the camping stove ready to go!

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I can't get my hose unwound so I'm just filling up 5 gallon buckets and throwing the water on the driveway to keep the rink surface smooth. I should have been better prepared and brought the hose inside to get it warm.

Other than that, I've got a sleeping bag and a few pounds of oreo's so I'm good for the rest of the week. :)

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Same here, limbs coming down. Will get real chitty when the wind picks up more. Done lost power once but only for an hour. I'm sure that won't be the only time.
    I'm in Knox county near Vincennes.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Got two big Elm Trees on each side of the house and Limbs breaking off and falling all over the place !! Looks like a Tornado went thru. :xmad:
    Watching the weather channel and they recently said that I-70 from
    St.Louis to Kansas City has been closed.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Was just outside in Columbus, went out and started my Blazer and ran it for a few to run the rear window defrost to make things easier in case I have to pack up the munchkin later. Got windshield and back window cleared...

Temps swinging between 27 and 29 on my thermometer, my parents in east Columbus read between 30 and 31 on dads fancy weather station...

Heard a few branches breaking, and some snapping and cracking going on. Still minor power flickers here and there, but not frequent.

I love bad weather, but don't love property damage, everyone stay safe!

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Along with mrjarrell in Hamilton County we are seeing a lot more sleet. I've got 2 inches or more of sleet on top of about a quarter inch of ice. The first round of sleet combined to make a nice 1 inch sheet of ice earlier today, the additional sleet will make a solid sheet for sure. I'm from the gulf coast originally so we're pretty prepared for power outages from hurricanes except for the whole below freezing thing. It's a lot easier when it's 80 degrees or warmer.

Top Bottom