• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I went out to look for my propane heater and.... it's down at the trailer I have in Brown County.:rolleyes: I bought another one and some propane tanks today at Menards. IF it looks like we are going to be hit with the ice, I will get more propane tomorrow.:yesway: We will have to hang a blanket over the dooorway into the family room we added on, and ride this out out there. Wife is out loading up on groceries as I type. The Jeep has over a half a tank of gas, so I'm good on that end.

Wish I had a generator... I have about 100lbs or so of deer meat in the freezer in the garage!

IF we end up with what "they" are forecasting, we are in BIG Dodo!:noway:

If it gets that cold out and an ice storm then you can just take the meat out of the freezer or even leave the freezer door open to keep meat frozen. Also, you will have a nice stash of snow and ice to keep your freezer cold...no worries.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Here are some updated forecast maps from our local WLFI weatherman.

indianaii11.jpg

indianaii12.jpg

indianaii13.jpg

sleet1.jpg

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    http://images0.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/3819194/GET-CAUGHT-IN-SNOWSTORM-DRINK-****.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=bear-grylls

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Who knows...maybe everybody with their ACU tac vests will get to wear them on patrol of the hood:D I am right on that border where it could be nasty to bad depending how much we really get.

trad78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Griffith
    Wife's leaving soon to pick up more water. Good on food and heat. 16-18 inches...nice. Maybe I'll do my first snow shelter!

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Got out earlier this morning and finally bought that generator I have been planning to buy for months, filled up both vehicles, and (5) 5 gallon gas jugs, and a bought a 50 lbs bag of rock salt.

Tomorrow plan on picking up another propane refill and sayin' quite a few prayers.

God I hope it isn't as bad as they are saying it could be.

The manager at Orschelin in Elletsville was more than generous, he knocked off $130.00 from the price of a sweet Honeywell generator when he sure as heck didn't have to. I highly recommend shopping there if you are close to them.

This is what I picked up;

• Honeywell Brand
    • 7500 Watt portable generator 7500 continuous watts
    • 9375 maximum watts
    • 62.5A @ 120 volts, 31.3 A @ 240 voIts
    • Big-Bore 420cc 15 HP OHV engine
    • 6.5 gallon fuel tank
    • 8 hour run time at 50% load 205 lb.
    Honeywell-HW7500E-9375-Watt-Portable-Generator.jpg

Last edited:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    BTW, Panama, NICE generator! Can't believe in a situation like this someone would actually discount a generator. One heck of a deal!
    Thanks, I thought the same thing!
    He sure didn't have to, and all it took was for the wife to ask, "is that the best price you can do" he went to his office came back in less than 2 minutes and the price went from 1079.00 to 949.00.

That is still a lot of money, but if SHTF weather wise, it will be worth ever penny!

EVERYBODY CHECK ON YOUR OLDER RELATIVES & NEIGHBORS. :twocents:

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    wow, spent $400 today and it all started with "lets get a few things in case we get snowed in".

lots of water
    firewood
    lots of food
    batteries
    more flashlights

the only thing we are lacking is beer...but we still have at least 24 hours right?

Top Bottom