• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    So...if it's an AOW, and legal within Indiana, what's the legality of putting a shoulder stock on it? How about a slightly longer magazine and a barrel maybe a foot long?

The laws about these things are so stupid - both federal and state - that I feel a bit of a headache even having to ask this...

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    If you put a stock on a AOW it becomes a SBS and therefore isn't legal to own in IN. I couldn't agree with you more that nitpicking laws like this on are stupid.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    So...if it's an AOW, and legal within Indiana, what's the legality of putting a shoulder stock on it?
    Illegal in Indiana because it would be an SBS
    How about a slightly longer magazine and a barrel maybe a foot long?
    Magazine tube would be ok, and depending what the overall length would be it would be ok until you pass the threshold of becoming a shotgun not an AOW. Barrel would have to be less then 18" and over all less then 26"

The laws about these things are so stupid - both federal and state - that I feel a bit of a headache even having to ask this...
    Happens to most of us

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Alright, thanks for the replies.

All I want is a Remington 870 with option for shoulder stock, maybe one of those top-folding things, and a barrel around fourteen inches long. Is that so wrong?
    I guess, apparently, in the eyes of the ever so esteemed and wise lawmakers, it is.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country

All I want is a Remington 870 with option for shoulder stock, maybe one of those top-folding things, and a barrel around fourteen inches long. Is that so wrong?
    I guess, apparently, in the eyes of the ever so esteemed and wise lawmakers, it is.
    In Indiana. Some states allow SBS's.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I bought mine from Acme Sports and yes it was a $5 stamp. I went over and talked to Joe because he had a Serbu 870 and a Safety Harbor 870. Found out that he actually had 2 Serbu 870's so another member here on the board and I bought the two he had.

ok, good stuff.

after I get my current SBR paperwork back Im going to have to look into a Serbu. I would like to get a Remy 870 if I could choose but they seem hard to find.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    ok, good stuff.

after I get my current SBR paperwork back Im going to have to look into a Serbu. I would like to get a Remy 870 if I could choose but they seem hard to find.

They are a little harder to track down but are worth it IMHO. I picked one up about six months ago from Safety Harbor. That model has a few minor differences from the Serbu but they are mostly cosmetic.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Friend put a laser on one of his AOWs ...

See, that actually makes sense to me. Usually not a huge proponent of lasers, but it could make hip fire or "shoulder" fire easier, and make hinge shots less embarrassing.

Also....
    d3nh0.jpg

The Serbu Super Shorty

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

This is as close as it gets and still legal in Indiana without going the AOW route. Knoxx stock, does reduce recoil. Also, you can not see it but on the other side of the stock arm I have an attach point for a single point sling so I can also use the same push-out method you would use with an AOW on a sling. The newer version of that stock already has a sling point on the end.

It is an 870, Knoxx folder, KKF 18 & 1/8" barrel, Nordic +2 mag, Nordic mag clamp with rail on other side, surefire is on it right now. The entire gun is less than a Serbu as it was built on a used 870. Oh, some left over Krylon paint from when the gun was painted for deer hunting

232323232%7Ffp53993%3Enu%3D4548%3E98%3B%3E255%3EWSNRCG%3D3389%3A75352346nu0mrj

Top Bottom