Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There is no overcoming rain if a zone's wife comes. A nice lady but she draws rain like nobody's business. I was baby sitting and that is why I was not at South Central it had nothing to do with rain. Scattered showers. A weather prayer ought to be able scatter them everywhere but the range untill we are done.

Sounds like I need a full report from South Central.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It was a fun match to shoot. I I had an umbrella and a guy to hold it for me while I shot. But some of them folks were drenched to the bone. And it felt cold. Footing never seemed to be an issue. But there was a bunch of targets that didn't have a B zone anymore. They had plastic on them but they still got kinda wet. It pays to have some kind of rain gear in the car.

Still, I can't argue with the results.:yesway:

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Doh! Now you tell me!

It pays to have some kind of rain gear in the car.

Now you tell me! I was one of those drenched to the bone! It just didn't feel cold but that is me!

See you tomorrow! Now it's off to Wally World for rain gear! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Always keep a big black plastic trashbag in your range back. Then one og those $1 ponchos. In the trunk you should have the whole suit.
    I also found the adidas waterproof trail shoe that I wear. But always have a back up pair of shoes in the trunk.
    You never know when it is going to start pouring on you. I got caught once at area 6 about 3 years ago. Since then I have always had the above stuff to get too.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    t shirt

It was raining so hard that the red from my belt bled onto my pants. I dropped a mag during a reload, but shot a clean match. Dennis Prior kicked my ***.

I was referring to the wet t shirt comment from earlier.

Going to be gone the rest of the day. i will Look at the radar late tonight and early tomorrow morning. I plan on shooting unless things are looking very bad. I will post here either way in the morning. Rhino is on stand by to email a message in case it is not prudent to have the match.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Be on the way to the range shortly. Radar looks clear for sometime. we have a chance to get the thing in before the rain. See you there Bevin!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yes we did and we had quite a few hardy souls show up, including the normal dingi (that's the plural of dingus) who would drive across the state to shoot in the rain, leaving family behind.

Ain't it great?

Scores up yet???

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Yes we did and we had quite a few hardy souls show up, including the normal dingi (that's the plural of dingus) who would drive across the state to shoot in the rain, leaving family behind.

Ain't it great?

Scores up yet???

It was a great time at times. Scores were promised tonight, but I have not seen them.

Congratulations to all the Bevin spirited, hardy souls who braved the weather to shoot. To all the Fair weathered- more timid sould we have to say HTFU.:D

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I thought it was a great match all things considered. Except for that one target that I did not see all the way down at the end of the bay.
    By the way Coach did that info get sent out for the junior shooter? If so THANKS !!!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It was a great time at times. Scores were promised tonight, but I have not seen them.

Congratulations to all the Bevin spirited, hardy souls who braved the weather to shoot. To all the Fair weathered- more timid sould we have to say HTFU.:D

I think that HTFU's are in order , there weren't any tornado warnings or lightning, at least not too much.
    The match was enjoyable as it always is and I think my scores improved slightly.
    see you all next time

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Bill D
    They wont let me send a pm until I get 10 posts. If you get with Coach he should have the info. Or if you are coming to Atlanta this coming Sunday I will see you there.
    Thanks

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    info

I thought it was a great match all things considered. Except for that one target that I did not see all the way down at the end of the bay.
    By the way Coach did that info get sent out for the junior shooter? If so THANKS !!!

It did not. Because my secretary left the written information in the truck. He promised to send it out to the group in a separate email. He will get it done. When he does I will post it here as well so it is out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by riverman67
    I think that HTFU's are in order , there weren't any tornado warnings or lightning, at least not too much.
    The match was enjoyable as it always is and I think my scores improved slightly.
    see you all next time

I thought progress and improvement were noticeable.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    see you all next time

I thought progress and improvement were noticeable.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I am one of the fair weather shooters. Sorry I missed you all but I am not sorry to have missed the rain. I will see you on Sunday at Atlanta. I have to show up for that one.

Mike

Top Bottom