• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I know many of us have already sent letters. But we need to do it again.

Please contact both Senator Bayh and Senator Lugar. Respectfully ask them to oppose the nomination of Eric Holder. This is critical.

Here is a sample letter.
    Dear Senator Bayh,

Please do not support Eric Holder for Attorney General, and ensure that
    there is a recorded vote in the Judiciary Committee.

Mr. Holder is unfit for the job of Attorney General, he was an advocate for the pardoning of terrorists under the Clinton Administration and should not have been nominated for this position.

Mr. Holder does not support my Second Amendment rights, as evidenced by the fact that he signed on to an anti-gun amicus brief in the DC v. Heller case, arguing that there is NO INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Respectfully

Here is the contact information to send emails:

Richard Lugar:
    senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov.

Evan Bayh:
    Senator Evan Bayh — Senator for Indiana: Contact - Email Senator Bayh

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last week I emailed Senator Lugar and sent a comment through Senator Bayh's website.

Just a reminder, for security reasons physical mail, even flat letters, sent to our reps and senators in Washington can take weeks to get to them. Call, email, or use their websites whenever time is short.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Isn't this sad. Almost a month later and THEN i get a reply from Bayh. What a douche...

Dear Mr. Savage:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the nomination of Eric Holder to the position of Attorney General of the United States. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and concerns on this important nomination.

For two days in January 2009, Eric Holder testified before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary. His nomination hearing was an opportunity to explore Mr. Holder's background and his legal theories of important issues that the Department of Justice will be face.

Eric Holder was confirmed by the Senate as the 82nd United States Attorney General on February 2, 2009. I take my duty to give advice and consent on Presidential appointments very seriously, and will continue to carefully review the President's nominees.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope that the information I have provided is helpful. My website, http://bayh.senate.gov, can provide additional details about legislation and state projects, and you can also sign up to receive my monthly e-newsletter, The Bayh Bulletin, by clicking on the link at the top of my homepage. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
    (202) 224-5623
    Russell 463
    Washington, D.C. 20510

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I got a similar mealy-mouthed letter from Lugar. Something along the lines of "blah blah blah thanks for your comments but I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want blah blah blah".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom