• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I wouldn't buy a gun from anyone who required me to sign anything (LGS excepted). Yes, please disclose that in your communications.

I sold a gun through INGO a short while ago. The purchaser showed me his INDL, and LTCH. Addresses matched, DL photo was him. Good enough for me. I did save his phone number in my 'Contacts' (as XXX_buyer) list, just in case. Anyone not like that?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I ask for a copy of your ID, handgun permit, social security card, birth certificate, high school transcripts, mothers maiden name, genealogy up to the 10th generation, and a signature on a form saying you will never fire the firearm, sell it to another person, and that you will safely store it in a gun safe at all times with a trigger lock.

If the seller doesn't comply we're done.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I ask for a copy of your ID, handgun permit, social security card, birth certificate, high school transcripts, mothers maiden name, genealogy up to the 10th generation, and a signature on a form saying you will never fire the firearm, sell it to another person, and that you will safely store it in a gun safe at all times with a trigger lock.

Me too.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I buy from a dealer, I do paperwork.

I buy (or sell) private, it's cash & carry.
    That's why it's called a "private sale".

I do sometimes (if I get a bad vibe) ask to see an ID so I know they are an IN resident, and a LTCH is always proof they are (or were at one time) a proper person, that the state did a background check on for me.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else

Seems reasonable.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN

Don't forget the DNA / hair / blood / urine / stool samples

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage

You forgot fathers hat size.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I sold a gun through INGO a short while ago. The purchaser showed me his INDL, and LTCH. Addresses matched, DL photo was him. Good enough for me. I did save his phone number in my 'Contacts' (as XXX_buyer) list, just in case. Anyone not like that?

Interesting question.

I read your post quick and my first thought was OMG, he recorded the DL/LTCH info. Second reading clarified that was not the case. :yesway:

I have a lot of INGOers in my contacts. It's the only way to communicate during a meet. Many times, I have traded with INGOers, years after a previous trade with them, "Is your number still ***-***-****?" :)

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

You don't also happen to breed dogs do you?

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Interesting question.

I read your post quick and my first thought was OMG, he recorded the DL/LTCH info. Second reading clarified that was not the case. :yesway:

I have a lot of INGOers in my contacts. It's the only way to communicate during a meet. Many times, I have traded with INGOers, years after a previous trade with them, "Is your number still ***-***-****?" :)

Thanks for that. I am new and trying to stick to community protocols.

Top Bottom