• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Recently read of a man's estate selling off the assets of the deceased and among the list at the sale was a significant number of reloads he had made. I said "Huh? Can reloads made without license be legally sold?" Only to be told since the current seller (heirs) were not the ones to assemble the ammo it was perfectly legal. What's true?

...and yes I understand the liability issue associated with sale of reloads.

Butch Williams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Twelve Mile
    The answer is yes, they can be legally sold, even though they were produced by a non-licensed individual.

The FFL (06) is required, if reloading "as a business, or with a profit motive". Obviously the sale of a deceased relatives, reloaded ammo, does not fit that narrative.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    Interesting, I had wondered but was too lazy to look this up. This topic had come up on a forum from a previous state that I lived in and they went the direction of it wasn't allowed no matter what. Which I questioned as wrong since I know people running long range rifle course usually have their own lines of ammunition that they load (because they have some magical load that is better than everyone else that works in any rifle).

Top Bottom