• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    So SEI opts to sue one of their own customers rather than address customer's concerns? So this begs the question, Why would I ever want to be one of THOSE! :dunno:

P.S. Who in the hades is SEI anyway?? :laugh:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Anyone have the link to the other thread handy? We discussed this weeks ago.

This wasn't simply saying "SEI sucks"

iIRC he acted like he had insider information and said source told him thy were delayed for quality control issues ( was it heat treatment?). The company gave him multiple chances to stop the libelous comments before they sued him.

And it would not.be hard to prove Direct loss from his statements. Especially with how many orders were cancelled and I bet they ask what the reason was.

I do not have the link handy on my phone to the other INGO thread. But I believe Paul F started the thread? At least I think it was him

But like I said in the other one, the company.may win the case, but the damage resulting from suing a customer is probably going to outweigh any damage to their reputation the customer did cause. So it is a bad move on their part to sue.

But.it is a valuable lesson for.people.

You can say glock sucks, because they are made of plastic, they are cheap, they are ugly, but don't make up.a story like my.brother works for glock and he says they are cutting corners and using bad quality materials that could result in the gun exploding in your hand.

One.is an opinion based on your experiences likes and dislikes, one is just trying to hurt the company. If the OP can prove his info was legit, then good, if not, it is his own fault.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meanwhile, in the SEI marketing office tough decisions are made.

6a00d8341e26ef53ef015434681e61970c-800wi

Never buying your products.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    For those of you who haven't read prior posts, it looks like SEI is Smith Enterprises, Inc. - makers of the Vortex flash eliminator (their word, not mine, although it does do a very good job of eliminating flash).

Smith Enterprise, Inc.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Lets be honest, there number one customer is the government. And there was a thread some time back about how gun owners have VERY short memories when it comes to companies screwing them, in general.

CTD is off my list. I don't forget.

I had a former customer come in.... years before (around 10 I think) he screwed me on a job.
    Order with no pickup, would not return calls, etc.

Came in this year and wanted more work.......... needless to say he left unhappy.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Did anyone actually read the complaint at the link posted by the OP? Up through point 36 ought to be sufficient.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Who the hell is SEI, and why would I want to patronize such a business?

SEI, the behavior makes me believe the delay in product delivery would be akin to buying my health insurance through Obama...
    That would be horrible getting sued for complaining about poor service no matter what the reason.
    Just think IF you bought from SEI and had a problem? I wouldn't even tell my mom for fear of repercussions from SEI.
    Maybe I'd better not give my opinion on them. I should hit "Delete" about now but I don't have anything so unless they want old sweaty tennis shoes, holy socks, and empty wallet I guess I'm safe enough.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Read the posted complaint (in the OP). Doesn't sound like this is what SEI is alleging to me.

Here:
    SEI Complaint filed in Arizona District Court: 08/28/13
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Xy...it?usp=sharing

Too bad we all can't just get along.
    Yea after reading the complaint it seems to me SEI certainly could have a legitimate claim. If the dude was acting like he had insider information and purposely trying to hurt the company then it seems a lawsuit would be appropriate. They have listed posts from other people in that thread that show a potential loss in business due to what was stated as fact. IANAL but it seems like stating something as fact when it is untrue (not saying it is, but that's what SEI is claiming) with the purpose of hurting a business would be different than stating your opinion with the purpose of hurting a business???

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

iIRC he acted like he had insider information and said source told him thy were delayed for quality control issues ( was it heat treatment?). The company gave him multiple chances to stop the libelous comments before they sued him.

And it would not.be hard to prove Direct loss from his statements. Especially with how many orders were cancelled and I bet they ask what the reason was.

I do not have the link handy on my phone to the other INGO thread. But I believe Paul F started the thread? At least I think it was him

But like I said in the other one, the company.may win the case, but the damage resulting from suing a customer is probably going to outweigh any damage to their reputation the customer did cause. So it is a bad move on their part to sue.

You can say glock sucks, because they are made of plastic, they are cheap, they are ugly, but don't make up.a story like my.brother works for glock and he says they are cutting corners and using bad quality materials that could result in the gun exploding in your hand.

One.is an opinion based on your experiences likes and dislikes, one is just trying to hurt the company. If the OP can prove his info was legit, then good, if not, it is his own fault.

Oooh, my ears are burning!

Here's the link from the earlier thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...m-com-member-being-sued-his-post-content.html

I'm not sure if he claimed he had insider information or not, and I've read the whole thread on M14forum. I am sure that I don't have the whole story, and the complaint doesn't help me pick a side here.

I have no desire to buy SEI's products after reading these documents, nor do I intend to sell anything to Dr. Hammond...too much fail to make either situation worthwhile.

-Paul

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Oooh, my ears are burning!

Here's the link from the earlier thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...m-com-member-being-sued-his-post-content.html

I'm not sure if he claimed he had insider information or not, and I've read the whole thread on M14forum. I am sure that I don't have the whole story, and the complaint doesn't help me pick a side here.

I have no desire to buy SEI's products after reading these documents, nor do I intend to sell anything to Dr. Hammond...too much fail to make either situation worthwhile.

-Paul

Didn't they delete the original thread? I've tried to find it and cant seem to, even a google cache.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Didn't they delete the original thread? I've tried to find it and cant seem to, even a google cache.

There is a mirror, linked in another thread on M14Forum...I'm looking for it now.

-Paul

EDIT: I cannot find any trace of the thread, the link, or anything else. I wonder if the lawyers had it all taken down?

Last edited:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    There is a mirror, linked in another thread on M14Forum...I'm looking for it now.

-Paul

Thank you for looking. Id love to see what this guy said, and what others in the thread said as well. I bet others said some crazy crap as well, net SEI is not going after them.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is the sort of thing that happens when you fail to properly maintain your business' online reputation. Being confrontational when people say bad things about you never helps. It only hurts.

-- A reliable source.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood

I would surmise that they may have lost orders due to the fact that it appears that they were unable to deliver said product. But as the person, who appears to represent SEI on that forum, the customers problems is with Crocs and not with SEI.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    This is the "Info" on the bottom of Smith's website;

"Copyright © 2005 - 2013 Smith Enterprise, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Vortex and Crazy Horse are registered trademarks, and Wind Talker, Good Iron, and Pueblo are trademarks of Smith Enterprise Inc."

I feel the Native Americans should contact Legal Consul about some of Smith's Copyright Names.

Top Bottom