• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Professor Glenn Reynolds, University of Tennessee, School of Law, is out with a new short law review note on the jurisprudence of Second Amendment law. The Second Amendment is like every other right, go figure.

If we treated the Second Amendment like the First Amendment, the entire faculty at Yale Law would be arguing ownership of an M4 or M16A4 is mandatory.

The Second Amendment as Ordinary Constitutional Law by Glenn Harlan Reynolds :: SSRN

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Too bad M4s and such aren't "in common use" at this time according to the Supreme Court, and if never changed, will never be in common use. Sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall...:wallbash:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Eh, I'd prefer the M16a4.

The fight for firearms will never end in this country until something happens to convince the people as a whole of their necessity. It would have to be an intensely awful event, however.

Downloaded the paper. Will read eventually.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Very nice read: it will be very interesting to see how things continue to progress over the course of the next several years. I feel the debate continues to become polarized and I wonder what it will take to calm it down. I hope it's not the "intensely awful event" BogWalker thinks it would have to be...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Should I presume, then, that the 2A will now (or in the near future) be part of the incorporation doctrine? Thoughts?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Modern, the Second Amendment was incorporated four years ago in McDonald v. Chicago (2010).

Otis McDonald recently passed.

McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oh DUH, Kirk. Of course. Thanks for the reminder. I must admit I hadn't read the "...Ordinary Constitutional Law..." link that you posted prior to inquiring, or I would not've needed to inquire.

That's what happens when I ask a question when tired, LOL.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom