• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Follow up on OP. Shot the .308 barrel and scope last year. Everything was fine. Didn't even have to change zero.

Fast forward to this year. Muzzy season over, so I switched the Encore back to the .243 barrel.

Was taking the muzzy barrel to the safe and slipped/tripped stepping up on the porch. Only thing that kept me on my feet was slamming the scoped muzzy barrel onto the wooden porch hard. It hit perfectly sideways. Looks fine, scope reticle still seems straight. I may have to break down and re-sight it in though next year? :xmad:

Apparently, I'm trying hard to break something on this gun? :dunno:

Hard cases are a really nice investment...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Drop it on your scope always check zero. I've used some good mounts but it still lost zero not much but enough. One time I was in the rocky mountains hunting elk. I dropped my 7 mag I zeroed it by shooting dirt clumps at 50 yards lol.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I've never dropped a scoped rifle hard before. Just wondering if and what might be procedures to check through to test or check for damage not obvious? ...The gun is in the bag, ready to go to the range.

You stopped one sentence short of answering your own question.

If the rifle was sighted in, it will take you one shot to figure out if you have a problem.

If it was not sighted in, it may take two.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    And there is the chance after shooting to check, that the last shot you fired caused the scope to go nuts and not know til the next time you shoot it, seen it happen before

Top Bottom