• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    We're please to announce the addition of Schroeder Bauman 1911 pistols to our wholesale catalog. We will be contacting independent firearms retailers to ensure that SB Firearms will be available to consumers in the coming weeks.

560085_571384209576767_522588086_n.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    They are nice, but way more $$$$$$ than I was thinking. After checking out the website, I'd like to handle one to see what makes it worth the price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are nice, but way more $$$$$$ than I was thinking. After checking out the website, I'd like to handle one to see what makes it worth the price.

Just look at the fit and finish. A lot of time spent on detail. I would have to feel one up to know it is sound but the look of it, well.....just sexy.

brokemule

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Ossian, IN
    Wrigley Guns and Ammo in Fort Wayne had a couple of the SB1911's in their case last weekend! Yes. they are pricey, but a good looking pistol

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would have to know why there is a hump just above the beaver tail.

Is there any way you can "circle" this in a photo and post it? Just so I can know what it is you're "iffy" about?

Don't have to, obviously, but I like to learn about stuff like this and why certain things are liked and why some aren't.

Thanks.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I see that in your pics. Have to agree....why not finish that area up a bit better???

It is a bit "Wordy" as well.

If there is a reason for it being there I would be interested in hearing it. The LGS guy stated in JetGirl's thread he cold not see them leaving their name off the slide. I would suggest they listen to consumers. Plus when is the 9mm version due out?:cool:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Is there any way you can "circle" this in a photo and post it? Just so I can know what it is you're "iffy" about?

Don't have to, obviously, but I like to learn about stuff like this and why certain things are liked and why some aren't.

Thanks.

This is well fit and blended beavertail. Notice how the frame tangs flow perfectly into the beavertail grip safety, how the seam is almost invisible.

IMG_0093_zps4c7bcb68.jpg

This is the SB beavertail. Notice how the frame tangs (the parts to the rear of the thumb safety) do not blend with the beavertail, with a huge seam, like it was slapped on with no attempt at fitting. The "hump" he's talking about is the bump where the frame tangs aren't blended.

001.jpg

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    AGS Armament is planning/preparing to host numerous demo-promo shoots for the Schroeder-Bauman 1911 Pistols over the upcoming months all over the USA and your LGS's location may soon be one of them! Once we nail down our demo schedule, (> posted Dec. 2 on our website) we're inviting all of our current FFL dealers (and the FFL's potential customers they select) from that general area to come and fondle, test and shoot these fine pistols for themselves to truly appreciate the craftsmanship these guns are built with. Seeing and shooting one of these precision pistols first-hand is the only way you can truly appreciate them, as photos do them *NO* justice in any capacity. They are exceptionally well built, accurate and are fantastic to shoot...

Get w/ your LGS to find out when we'll be in your area and then plan to come on over and burn some powder with us-- for FREE, compliments of AGS Armament & Consulting. We hope to see you soon!

Last edited:

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    VERY NICE! what brand is the gun in the first pic with the beautifully blended beavertail?

This is well fit and blended beavertail. Notice how the frame tangs flow perfectly into the beavertail grip safety, how the seam is almost invisible.

IMG_0093_zps4c7bcb68.jpg

This is the SB beavertail. Notice how the frame tangs (the parts to the rear of the thumb safety) do not blend with the beavertail, with a huge seam, like it was slapped on with no attempt at fitting. The "hump" he's talking about is the bump where the frame tangs aren't blended.

001.jpg

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    FYI to those that are interested...

Jahred and myself had a meeting with the fine folks at SB Firearms early this week, where we all discussed a number of further cosmetic refinements they were going to be integrating into their already fantastic pistols. You folks talked....and they listened (with the exception to not stripping their own logo off the gun...) and they are committed to providing even the most discerning 1911 enthusiest, the quality of gun they'ed expect from a precision gun manufacturer like SB Firearms! They are striving to make their 1911 pistols, "shooting works of art"!!

I can't wait to get mine..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom