School request children throw can goods at shooters?????????????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Thanks for voting to take the gun out of my wife's hands (a teacher)! I trained hundreds of military in multiple small arms. My wife has trained for years with me and has also had multiple NRA courses, safety courses, etc! But according to you unless she has recent (my words not yours) "Advanced SWAT Team training" she'll only kill others? I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't put more rounds down the muzzle than many police last year! She would appreciate at least a fighting chance.

Police training that is so effective that a cop still shoots off his own finger in a gun store?

Do away with the GFZ's as a start.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Police training that is so effective that a cop still shoots off his own finger in a gun store?

Do away with the GFZ's as a start.

Oh but those "expertly trained" NY police don't like to be outdone!

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

NEW YORK – All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

The veteran patrolmen who opened fire on the suit-wearing gunman, Jeffrey Johnson, had only an instant to react when he whirled and pointed a .45-caliber pistol as they approached him from behind on a busy sidewalk.

Officer Craig Matthews shot seven times. Officer Robert Sinishtaj fired nine times, police said. Neither had ever fired their weapons before on a patrol.

The volley of gunfire felled Johnson in just a few seconds and left nine other people bleeding on the sidewalk.

MjQ-G18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Greenfield
    I wasnt saying all teachers arent able to use a firearm. I also wasnt saying I dont want teachers to be able to carry. However I was saying that if they were aloud to carry I would expect them to have to go through some sort of certification to be able to carry in a school. You should have to be held to a higher standerd since its a school filled with childern. It would be much safer and deter many spree shooters. I am all for it with someone that has the training/knowlege to use a firearm salfley and effectivly.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I wasnt saying all teachers arent able to use a firearm. I also wasnt saying I dont want teachers to be able to carry. However I was saying that if they were aloud to carry I would expect them to have to go through some sort of certification to be able to carry in a school. You should have to be held to a higher standerd since its a school filled with childern. It would be much safer and deter many spree shooters. I am all for it with someone that has the training/knowlege to use a firearm salfley and effectivly.

Oh we understand. It's always about the BABIES............ "training/knowlege to use a firearm salfley and effectivly" [sic] JUST LIKE the police mentioned in the above training!

MjQ-G18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Greenfield
    Oh we understand. It's always about the BABIES............ "training/knowlege to use a firearm salfley and effectivly" [sic] JUST LIKE the police mentioned in the above training!

Well ya your right its is kind of all about the babies because if it wasnt we wouldnt be talking about this in the first place.

MjQ-G18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Greenfield
    Oh but those "expertly trained" NY police don't like to be outdone!

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

NEW YORK – All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

The veteran patrolmen who opened fire on the suit-wearing gunman, Jeffrey Johnson, had only an instant to react when he whirled and pointed a .45-caliber pistol as they approached him from behind on a busy sidewalk.

Officer Craig Matthews shot seven times. Officer Robert Sinishtaj fired nine times, police said. Neither had ever fired their weapons before on a patrol.

The volley of gunfire felled Johnson in just a few seconds and left nine other people bleeding on the sidewalk.

No training can prepare people to take a life and I wasnt saying the police have the best training in the world but just imagine how that could go so wrong in a school if an individual and never even fired a handgun before and was tasked with taking a hostile down. If you trian 1000 people with the best training in the world there are still going to be 200 of them that just dont get it and are still inefective but the 800 that do get it will save lives.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Well ya your right its is kind of all about the babies because if it wasnt we wouldnt be talking about this in the first place.

So which "it's all about the babies" trumps the other "it's all about the babies"?

You see that's the excuse that liberals use to cover anything and everything they can come up with including the GUN FREE ZONE in the first place!

Remember that was their cry before allowing carry in play grounds, State Parks, National Parks etc. etc. etc.

But still you only seem to hear about bloodbaths inside of the "It's all about the babies" GUN FREE ZONES!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    In my opinion the gun toting teacher should pay for the training themselves. I know a few teachers that I would sponsor so they could get some training and carry in the schools.

As soon as the school decides on the training then the board decides on how much can be spent.... then it is the low bidder just trying to make a buck.

If the teacher wants to learn, they will do it on their own. Then they only have to show proof that they have learned something.

We don't make LTCH applicants go through training, but as a first step to get the GFZ removed from school maybe the teachers could.

Most of the teachers that I know would have no want, need or desire to carry... but the BG doesn't know which ones do or do not.

Removal of the GFZ status would mean that I didn't have to disarm to walk in to one today... which I did.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We don't make LTCH applicants go through training, but as a first step to get the GFZ removed from school maybe the teachers could.

This is the primary reason I would be in favor of basic NRA-style certification for teachers: it is a catalyst for the needed paradigm shift.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Oathkeepers have offered free training for teachers before. I'm sure they wouldn't be the only ones. I'd pony up for teachers from my kids' school to attend classes.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Just so I get this straight,

If a kid brings a folding knife to school with the intention of using the knife as a tool and no intention of using it to hurt people, the kid gets kicked out of school for bringing a weapon to school.

The same kid is encouraged to bring a can to school with the intention of using the can as a weapon to hurt another person and that's OK.

That is so screwed up.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Just so I get this straight,

If a kid brings a folding knife to school with the intention of using the knife as a tool and no intention of using it to hurt people, the kid gets kicked out of school for bringing a weapon to school.

The same kid is encouraged to bring a can to school with the intention of using the can as a weapon to hurt another person and that's OK.

That is so screwed up.

Not ONLY students but teachers too!

http://cookcountyrecord.com/news/s-...g-box-cutter-pocket-knife-to-class-for-lesson

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Interesting enough, this would violate the IPS weapon's policy.

The term "weapon" means any object which, in the manner it is used, is intended to be used, or isrepresented, is capable of inflicting serious bodily harm or property damage, as well as
    endangering the health and safety of persons. W

So, a teacher could be terminated, or a student expelled, for having a can of beans for this purpose.

I demand ZERO TOLERANCE! The entire cafeteria staff should be fired!

Purple if necessary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How long before Charlize Theron gets wind of this and makes Sean Penn clean out his pantry and have all his cans welded into a sculpture to be sold to Anderson Cooper?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom