• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fatal T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a Savage .204 and a Savage 110 BAT/S in .308. I love both of them! Out of the box performance. The AccuTrigger is great! The only other stock trigger that comes close is from CZ.
    ADABD120.jpg

E7B44C2A.jpg

10 shot group @ 100yds with the .308

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    My stepson recently bought the Savage in .223 with the accu-trigger. I like it loads better than my Savage 22-250 ,especially the trigger. Accuracy is superb with factory rounds; waiting to see what he can do with careful reloads...

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I have a Savage 99 lever rifle chambered in .300 Savage caliber. Love that old rifle. Easy to carry, easy to shoot and just plain fun. Don't really know about the "new" Savage offerings but, the vintage stuff can be a nice addition to your collection.

-G

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I don't own a Savage in .223 yet but plan to.
    I have the Stevens/Savage 200 in .308 and it's a good hunting rifle.
    Not much happy with my new Rem700 SPS Tac 223. So i'm looking for a Savage myself.
    Out of the box better, Rem just aint the same as it was years ago!

IMO Remington still makes a great action with the 700, but you give up the ability to do a lot of the work your self. As I said earlier in this thread you can do barrel changes on a savage. I like the idea that I can do all the work on my rifle. That being said when I build my "no budget" .308 it will likely be built on a 700 action. But for an out of the box gun you can't beat it.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    They changed the way people compare rifles with their accu-trigger. I really have been impressed with them. I have some pre accu-trigger Savages, and I like them too. I was liking Savage when it wasn't cool.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have a 12FV and a Savage/Stevens 200, both in .223 cal. Like being able to configure them to my liking.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    They changed the way people compare rifles with their accu-trigger. I really have been impressed with them. I have some pre accu-trigger Savages, and I like them too. I was liking Savage when it wasn't cool.

Agreed.

I need to get some current pics of mine.

My first bolt action;

DSCN2048ps.jpg

10FPLE, 308, 20" barell. Bell and carlson Duramax stock, professionaly bedded. It now has a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x10 scope.

DSCN2238ps2w.jpg

10FP, 223, pre accu, but nice, crisp trigger that I adjusted to 3lbs. Bell and carlson Duramax stock, professionaly bedded. It now has a Nikon 4x12x40 Pro Staff scope.

Both are tack drivers.

:D

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Agreed.

I need to get some current pics of mine.

My first bolt action;

DSCN2048ps.jpg

10FPLE, 308, 20" barell. Bell and carlson Duramax stock, professionaly bedded. It now has a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x10 scope.

DSCN2238ps2w.jpg

10FP, 223, pre accu, but nice, crisp trigger that I adjusted to 3lbs. Bell and carlson Duramax stock, professionaly bedded. It now has a Nikon 4x12x40 Pro Staff scope.

Both are tack drivers.

:D

Yep......back in 95, I bought a heavy barrel 223, 10 with the longest barrel I've seen, I adjusted the trigger, and the rifle can literally drive tacks at 100, with NO movement because it's so heavy. I once called Savage, gave them the Model #, and it's during a period when the company was sold and resold, so it's kinda like a rifle without a company. I would never sell it, as it is an absolute dream to shoot. It's one of those rifles you can pick out in the safe, as the barrel is way longer than the others. :):

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have a Savage 112 chambered in .22-250 ( essentially a .223 with a bigger powder charge) and it is a great rifle. I took it out to the range yesterday to get it sighted in for coyote season. shot a full box of 20 rounds through the same 3 holes in a pattern the size of a nickle at 60 yards with a cheap Tasco scope.

Top Bottom