• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfox39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Here is a picture of my SAR8 (HK91 Clone made by HK certified technicians with HK certified machinery). I am curious if anyone has any suggestions as to what else I should do with it. I am interested in long range target shooting.

Daisy.jpg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    With the scope that high, you are probably going to want a cheek riser. Looks like a whole bunch of fun there!

bfox39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    It's a great time shooting. I have only taken it out a couple times but I am looking at the Magpul PRS stock for it. It will give me sufficient room to use my left hand as a a riser (like shooting a M249 or 240B).

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    you could do some PSG1 mods to it, makes it look more like a down to buisness sniper rifle.... or you could just shoot the crap out of it...
    I have a 91 with an SAR8 barrel & its a tack driver
    :ar15:

bfox39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    I really appreciate all the input. As I keep adding to it I will update the pictures and specs

bigdaddy1427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think that is a really bad combo there. You will not be happy with it at all. I will come and take it off of your hands for nothing and save you a lot of misery ;)
    If it will make you feel any better, I will give you a couple of bucks.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Fix the flash hider. Upgrade your trigger pack to one with a registered sear. Get a Navy lower that has the fake push pin. Send it to me for proper T/E.
    Seriously though those are nice rifles.

bfox39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    The Magpul PRS stock is super nice, and deff helps out with the cheek weld issues. Theres another company that sells a snap on cheek riser that works well.

HK91 Cheek Piece, G3 Cheek Piece, PTR91 Cheek Piece, CETME Cheek Piece, RTG Gun Parts

Here's my cast cetme, with a bunch of HK parts. It's fairly accurate for a battle rifle
    Picture1561Small.jpg

I think I am going with the Magpul after looking up a lot of things. It just seems like the best for what I am looking for. After looking into doing some PSG1 Mods I have decided to keep it close to the way it is. I think investing in a PSG1 eventually would benefit me more than trying to Mod this thing up like one.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Cheek riser.
    Butler Creek scope covers.
    Killflash.
    Awesome rifle man. Get lots of magazines for it too.
    Don't want to waste too much time loading at the range!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    That's an awful looking gun!!:): Hey, wait a minute....I sold that to you. We've talked about this many a time about "moding" it. Sending it to Bill Springfield is a good idea and he doesn't charge much for his trigger work. As far as the flash-hider send it to ARS. They will do it for around $150. I would then get a Vortex muzzle brake. Head over to HKPro.com if you would you like more in-depth knowledge on the rifle. Those guys really know their stuff.

Top Bottom