• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Hey All, New to the forum. Have a question on a S&W 39-2 nickel plated. It's been shot 10 times and looks very well cared for, serial number A527xxx. whats it worth?
    Thanks
    It's worth about $500.00 in NIB condition. Values always vary according to wear and accessories included.
    NIB = Just as it was in the original dealers display case.
    Mike

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Thanks, I purchased it for 300.00 It looks like NIB box condition, but has been fired before. Anything I should be aware of about this gun?
    Thanks again
    The S&W Model 39 series was made from 1954-1982. The 39-2 was introduced in 1971 with an improved extractor. It's a well made piece and was considered to be one of the best double action semi autos at that time. It began to lose favor with the public when the M-59 (Same specs but with a 14 round mag.) was released in 1971.
    If it's in the condition that you describe you've made an excellent purchase. The MSRP for the nickel finish model in 1971 was $118.00.
    Mike

MoparEric

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    SE Indiana,Aurora
    Mike,
    Thanks for the info. My jaw almost hit the floor when he pulled it out of the box, I thought it was new. . He also has a S&W 22A NIB that has 2 clips and two Barrels a % and & inch. He wants 150.00 for it. I will probably get it also just to have.
    Thanks
    Eric

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Mike,
    Thanks for the info. My jaw almost hit the floor when he pulled it out of the box, I thought it was new. . He also has a S&W 22A NIB that has 2 clips and two Barrels a % and & inch. He wants 150.00 for it. I will probably get it also just to have.
    Thanks
    Eric
    I take it you meant 5 and 7 inch barrels. ;)
    His asking price for the 22A is half of the MSRP of a new one.
    Sounds like a good deal.
    Mike

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How so? I didn't find it particularly difficult.

On my buddy's, getting the back of the guide rod to stay in place on the little divot at the base of the barrel was a challenge to say the least, then there's the normal S&W routine of pressing down the little arms at the back of the frame one by one to allow the slide to pass over. It's a little more involved than many of the more modern semi-autos, is all.

Top Bottom