Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    WW3 here we come.. if the US detects nukes in launch posture.... buckle up kiddos. That said, I think they are perhaps old videos from them being staged for a Kremlin parade or something.
    I`ll say it again-putin IS nuts. The idiot WILL use nuclear weapons. Don`t be so sure about our response however. Sleepy joe doesn`t have the backbone is use nukes.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Still called that, amazingly!

Panzerfaust 3​

Panzerfaust3.jpg
    Haha, awesome!! We should call our shoulder fired anti-armor weapon "Bazooka II".

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I`ll say it again-putin IS nuts. The idiot WILL use nuclear weapons. Don`t be so sure about our response however. Sleepy joe doesn`t have the backbone is use nukes.
    I am worried how he is taking what has to be the unanticipated level of fight the Ukrainians are putting up. Is one thing to loos a war against an insurgency.. its whole other lower level of bad to loose a conventional war.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I am worried how he is taking what has to be the unanticipated level of fight the Ukrainians are putting up. Is one thing to loos a war against an insurgency.. its whole other lower level of bad to loose a conventional war.
    I would agree with you that putin`s outrage would be dangerous IF they were to fail to take over Ukraine, he would be capable of anything, including using nuclear weapons. I hope Ukraine can hold them off, but I believe it`s only a matter of time before russia overtakes them. They need more fighters, and no one is stepping up to send troops.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Use to be a Dragon Gunner 24th Infantry way back in the early 80's......you had to stay on target the entire time and growing up shooting stuff with a 4x scope I was a perfect shot. Got to blow up a truck at 1000 meters and what a blast, suckers are loud. I guess these Javelins are just shoot and duck as they find the target on their own. I hope Ukraine destroys every single Russian tank.....wonder how many tanks they sent in?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Use to be a Dragon Gunner 24th Infantry way back in the early 80's......you had to stay on target the entire time and growing up shooting stuff with a 4x scope I was a perfect shot. Got to blow up a truck at 1000 meters and what a blast, suckers are loud. I guess these Javelins are just shoot and duck as they find the target on their own. I hope Ukraine destroys every single Russian tank.....wonder how many tanks they sent in?
    EN

After launch you dump the tube, and take the CLU (the brains) with you... even without a tube, its like bulky NV goggles.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    One thing I have seen is improvised "Fencing" put over the top of the tanks. The Javelin hits tanks from above..

I don't think its been working, saw one video where they hit the turret with an RPG to blow the fencing off, then launched the Javelin

I w ant some Javalins.....and not the AMC kind.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is it just me or is Russia's invasion of Ukraine the most embarrassing military invasion in history?

A "super power" is getting territory denied to it by untrained civilians.

If they had to face veteran US forces, it'd be seal clubbing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is it just me or is Russia's invasion of Ukraine the most embarrassing military invasion in history?

A "super power" is getting territory denied to it by untrained civilians.

If they had to face veteran US forces, it'd be seal clubbing.
    Kinda like us in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan (them and us), etc.

Korea may be the exception. But the others involved a lot of asymmetrical warfare, which we (and most government sponsored militaries) suck at.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Comparing people who live day to day with gunfire and war to people living in europe doesn't sound fair to me.
    Not comparing anything. Just saying that the major superpowers have kind of a crappy record lately when it comes to warfare. It's what happens when politicians and public sentiment are allowed to run the wars.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not comparing anything. Just saying that the major superpowers have kind of a crappy record lately when it comes to warfare. It's what happens when politicians and public sentiment are allowed to run the wars.

The US had no trouble leveling those countries.

The problems came when we thought we were going to build a stable government and police them.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Against insurgents yes, Superpowers have not faired well.

When it comes to a straight up conventional battle, we have cleaned house with authority. (Think First Gulf war, and The Conventional part of the Iraq War).

Which makes this Russian invasion, so much more of a real screwup, this is a conventional battle the Russians are failing to execute very well. The Russians haven't even gotten to where this turns into a furbal of trying to fight a Ukranian insurgency.

Korea was best called a stalemate, After China joined, the Pols stopped our army leadership from wining a conventional fight. Prefering to hold the line, which we did.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I would think that maybe this Ukraine situation shows that when, (if), a military force fights in an urban setting, and their hands are tied for whatever reason, keeping them from using their air superiority and just leveling everyone and everything, and they must fight on the streets and in buildings, it`s no slam dunk. Especially against a people who feel a righteous anger and a righteous justification and have the will to fight fiercely and to the death. It`s hard to know what you can believe as far as what`s being reported, because you just know there`s a ton of propaganda being thrown out as "news", but if there`s any element of truth at all to what I`ve read and heard, I`m awfully impressed with the will of the Ukrainian people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom