Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well crap. I hope Russia pays a heavy price. Ukraine better get some nukes. Our agreement with Russia about not allowing Ukraine to become NATO I would end. Make them NATO. But how long has Ukraine had to get ready. I’m waiting for Biden to blame all this on Trump for being a spy for Russia…. Ya, that’s the ticket. Good luck Ukraine, I would get out know while you can.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Bidenlester is getting ready to address the nation at 1 after his nap.
    So prob. be about 3!
    Im sure he will say Blah Blah Blah with no meaning and without a bulls@it decoder ring,it will mean nothing!
    Come on man,if Trump had not been cheated this crap wouldnt be going on.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The only saving grace is Putin doesn't have the most powerful military in the world, unlike HItler. If he decides to test NATO'S medal, they better have the balls to stand up to him or there will be huge consequences. Putin's a bully, but he also wants to stay in power. He will push until pushing threatens his position in the country and the world stage.
    Off-topic, but if you're interested, I recommend Victor Davis Hanson's "The Second World Wars" ( yes, plural).

Among other things, he makes the point that neither Nazi Germany nor Imperial Japan were prepared for anything beyond a regional war. Hanson states that early on, Germany bullied its way through ill-prepared and ill-equipped neighbors. Fascinating reading about both the Pacific and European Theaters.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    History repeating itself. I figured that it was a mistake not taking Berlin first in WWII. Apparently Adolf's captured play book was passed down through the years from Stalin to his successors until it reached Putin. Wonder what will happen when Putin decides to send "peacekeepers" into former East Germany?
    Oh hell yes! Can you imagine how much better the world would have been with a weakened Stalin and *no* Warsaw Pact countries?

I wish Patton could have told Eisenhower and Marshall to go **** themselves and turn the 3rd Army loose in Central and Eastern Europe. Preferably preceded by a couple of Panzer divisions.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Biden and his administration will blunder any type of action that they do, sanctions or military response. The Ukraine is not our problem.
    The world always goes stupid anytime that the U.S. has a weak president. The thugs in Washington are the ones that think it's our responsibility to rule the world. Anything that happens in the world our government seems to always have to stick their nose in it and the American people are the ones who pay for it. Let Russia and Europe deal with the problem and leave us out of it!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Biden is saying "do it and I'll counter you with butthead"

1645557355341.png

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Off-topic, but if you're interested, I recommend Victor Davis Hanson's "The Second World Wars" ( yes, plural).

Among other things, he makes the point that neither Nazi Germany nor Imperial Japan were prepared for anything beyond a regional war. Hanson states that early on, Germany bullied its way through ill-prepared and ill-equipped neighbors. Fascinating reading about both the Pacific and European Theaters.
    Hitler gambled that nobody would call his bluff and won, then won again, etc. The problem with gamblers is they never quit while they are winning, and eventually someone calls their bluff.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana

As a WW2 history buff I will definitely be checking this out, thanks. Nazi Germany stretched themselves to thin once they tried to invade Russia. This current threat doesn't come close to the threat imposed by the Third Reich, but there are definite similarities that could potentially predict his next move.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    Hitler gambled that nobody would call his bluff and won, then won again, etc. The problem with gamblers is they never quit while they are winning, and eventually someone calls their bluff.
    Bingo! And its documented that Hitler's initial reaction to Churchill calling his bluff was "Oh ****", but he was to far in the game at that point to turn back. Ego and pride is the death of many.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sanctions, for a country who can support their entire economy through their neighbor China...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The only people who would be hurt by Russian sanctions are Europeans that are entirely dependent on Russia energy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sanctions, for a country who can support their entire economy through their neighbor China...

The only people who would be hurt by Russian sanctions are Europeans that are entirely dependent on Russia energy.
    Well, we'll just have to sanction China then too. We'll show them commies! Sorry Walmart shoppers.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

This is where my concern lies. Sleepy Joe can add sanctions to Russia all it wants. But to what end? Russia has a huge ally with China.
    China will support Russia in taking back Ukraine and will have Russian support to take Taiwan. They know we don't want to go to war with them. So they could further cripple the supply chain we have become so dependant on and cripple if not completely change our way of life.
    This could get very ugly in a hurry

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom