Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We don`t live in a vacuum my friend. If we ignore the plight of our friends and potential friends and ally's, we`ll shortly find ourselves surrounded by despots, tyrants, and mad men who mean to do us harm.

Perhaps yes.
    Perhaps no.

“Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliances with none”

― Thomas Jefferson

Meanwhile, the central state is in full breach of its obligation to protect borders as evidenced on the southern border.

I have no interest in honoring dishonest brokers.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not that they wouldn't still...mostly get slaughtered. The Russians have lots of practice with insurgencies and they legitimately do not give a crap about slaughtering people who look like them and speak their language. But they'd still fare better than getting eaten alive by the mechanized, combined arms spearhead of an invasion. That job is for the trained army guys equipped with Javelins and modern comms and a couple years experience fighting in the east of the country already.

There is still reason to hope none of this happens. If nothing else, it's been too long in the works and too obviously telegraphed. The Russians are cleverer than this. I want to believe that if they actually intended an invasion, they would engage in enough misdirection and subterfuge that our media (who are, in fact, the dumbest people alive) would be caught completely off guard rather than hyping it up for weeks on end. Eastern Ukraine is not valuable like Crimea is. Russia's interest is avoiding a NATO partner or EU member parked on their border and filled up with missiles.

But one way or another Russia is not going to let that happen. It would be like America letting Canada join the Warsaw Pact 40 years ago.
    I don’t have any links but have a friend telling me international news thinks the west in general and US especially is being played, in that our media is playing the threat up more than it is.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just heard that the United States told Israel that Russia was likely to invade Ukraine this coming Tuesday. Many countries have shut down their embassies and left Ukraine already.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don’t have any links but have a friend telling me international news thinks the west in general and US especially is being played, in that our media is playing the threat up more than it is.
    Russia is apparently recalling diplomatic staff from Ukraine.

Lots of nations advising their citizens to leave Ukraine, or issuing travel warnings. Not just the west.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ukrainian Army Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi, in a clear message to the Russians that his forces are ready for any possibility of invasion: "I am ready to receive the enemies, not with flowers, but with Stinger missiles, Javelin missiles and anti-tank missiles NLAW. Welcome to Hell! "

Defense Minister Oleksi Reznikov stressed that the events of 2014 will not be repeated. "The armed forces are fully prepared to fight back and not give up Ukrainian lands," he declared. "Today we have the strongest army in Ukraine for 15 years and the strongest army in Europe."

Glad General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi thinks he has the strongest army in Europe. If that's so Russia could take all of Europe as fast as they can drive there.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Ukrainian Army Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi, in a clear message to the Russians that his forces are ready for any possibility of invasion: "I am ready to receive the enemies, not with flowers, but with Stinger missiles, Javelin missiles and anti-tank missiles NLAW. Welcome to Hell! "

Defense Minister Oleksi Reznikov stressed that the events of 2014 will not be repeated. "The armed forces are fully prepared to fight back and not give up Ukrainian lands," he declared. "Today we have the strongest army in Ukraine for 15 years and the strongest army in Europe."

Glad General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi thinks he has the strongest army in Europe. If that's so Russia could take all of Europe as fast as they can drive there.
    Sadly for him he is unaware of the technology the Russians have at their disposal. This is a critical military error. 72 hours max if Russian are willing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    British Secretary of Defense

“The Russian invasion of Ukraine is highly likely
    I fear that Putin's intentions will extend beyond Ukraine.”

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Here is another read, opining that the threat has been trumped-up to in part to provide Biden with a foreign-policy victory when war _doesn't_ happen:

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-washington-has-lost-its-mind-over-ukraine-200513?page=0,2

According to this story, the calculated troop strength to occupy Ukraine after an invasion is 1 soldier per 60 citizens in hostile territory, and 1 per 100 in friendly territory, and that Russia does not possess the available troops for either scenario - it would basically require them to pull back every soldier it has for defending the country elsewhere.

In this take, Washington already knows war won't happen, and is playing this up so fiercely in order to intensify the "success" of their strategy:

"...The cleverest feature of the administration’s approach is that, when there is no war, Biden and Blinken can claim that it was all due to them and their solid statesmanship. "Deterrence has been successful! Our firm leadership made it so!" We’re not quite at that part in the unraveling of the plot, but getting closer, as U.S. intelligence seems not to be getting its predicted 175,000 (Russian, ed.) troops. At the last congressional briefing on February 5, the latest intelligence estimate was that 130,000 troops were mobilized, with only 62,000 combat forces deployed, scattered all around Ukraine’s periphery. Count on it, the reduction in future numbers (as the Russian exercises wind down) will be attributed to the wise leadership of the Biden administration..."

If this turns out to be the case, and the predicted "Olympics Invasion" doesn't happen, we are being massively, and I mean massively played. It sets the stage for the US media to begin proclaiming a Biden foreign-policy victory as soon as the Olympics are over, and generally begin rebuilding his image coming into the midterm year.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom