Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not to mention the aftermath if you made it through all of that. "PTSD" wasn't a thing back then. At best, they called it "shell-shock". And psychological care once you got home? Forget about it. You were supposed to go back to work as if it never happened. But the soldiers were welcomed back as heroes and not spit on like the Vietnam vets. I wonder if that helped? I wonder what the difference was.

I imagine PTSD occurrence is a lot lower in a formal state to state war than in insurgency fighting, where you're always questioning whether that farmer you just shot was a combatant or just some random dude trying to not die.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is the only interesting thing I’ve found so far today.

Apparently the propaganda is that Russians are the nazis now???? Ya know not the actual ss wearing units of the Ukrainian army.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Not to mention the aftermath if you made it through all of that. "PTSD" wasn't a thing back then. At best, they called it "shell-shock". And psychological care once you got home? Forget about it. You were supposed to go back to work as if it never happened. But the soldiers were welcomed back as heroes and not spit on like the Vietnam vets. I wonder if that helped? I wonder what the difference was.
    Grandpa was in WWI, Dad was WWII, Uncles in Korea and brother and cousin in Vietnam. I guess from books I have read, stories and such I think WWII combat Vets suffered badly, very badly from PTSD, it just was never documented and carried by the media. The number of "shell shock" WWII Vets blew my mind to see the huge numbers takin out of combat, you were there for the duration of the war or until you broke. Vietnam was 6 to 12 months and out and done.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As I’ve asked critical thinking questions since the start of this so I’ve got another one for you.

Our government and media continues to spout off that Russia will use chemical/biological weapons and blame it on Ukraine.

Now I ask you this, why would a military that doesn’t appear to have gas masks or even a no beard policy use anything remotely Cbrn on a battlefield they have to walk through?

Video for reference to beards

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Good interview.

I was reminded of the following:

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.
    -Thomas J. Jackson

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Invasion pretty much stalled.

FN7BOWGWQAEtutV

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The Ukrainian 95th airmobile brigade one on their most combat capable units has been entirely wiped out defending avdeevka

Guess I'll wait for confirmation from a source that's a *little* less biased than one which uses words like: "Ukronazis" and whose masthead proclaims, "Stop the Empire's War on Russia". But by all means, carry on, tovarisch.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So a imagine that it’s kinda sweet smelling with a special kinda stink. Once experienced it cannot be forgotten.

The “Foreign Commandos“ appear to be a joke! Brown and Root is not catering the event. They are used to luxury stuff the Ukrainian people don’t have.

I am not gonna take on Ivan with a rusty AK 74 and 10 rounds! Now we have many INGO dudes and women that I will fight to the death with!

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    This still remains baffling to me

38NhYgP.jpeg
    At least Half of those are BS. There are Nazis in Ukraine same as there are in US - a fringe group. Articles about “Nazi collaborators” and Bendera are written without understanding the nuances of Ukrainian history in around 1939-1945 (when Hitler was the lesser of two evils, at least temporarily).
    Right now, the only thing that is clear - a sovereign country is being invaded by an aggressor . That’s simple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom