Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Wouldn't be the first military to learn the wrong lessons from their most current history...

I think it's a little early to be declaring a Russian defeat.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Apparently, JY is packing to go over to Ukraine to train people. The plan is for him and a few associates to fly over to Poland then meet up with a few other associates and rent a vehicle to drive over into Ukraine and he's asking for donations to help fund the trip.

I bet the Ukrainians won't try to eat their ear pro!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "One look at today's absolutely bananas explosion in LME Nickel prices which soared 82% in one day to a record $52,700...
    Ags (Wheat limit-up and to fresh all-time high)"
    Copper negative(the chart has been fixed). Likely will be called a "fat finger"

Biden" May as well dispatch a team to see if we can screw up that little area of the world,maybe see if they have some oil for Europe?"

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Indian news and speaking to a reporter in Taiwan.
    “Just like Taiwan, both Ukraine and Russia also play a pivotal role in the global semiconductor supply chains. Ukraine is a significantly important source and supplier of raw materials, including, for instance, semiconductor-grade neon used in semiconductor manufacturing. Similarly, Russia is a key source of palladium used in many memory and sensor chips.In fact, it accounts for 45 per cent of the global supply"

Chip shortage is not even close to peak at this point. Just when I think,well it can not get much worse,Biden proves me wrong...over and over.
    Side note CME metals trading in Chicago for most of the world)keeps hitting limits and trading stops. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/limitup.asp In short it is already much worse than it looks. Prices are already much higher,it will take awhile to figure out how high.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That may be but seeing as Russia has nuclear weapons and hypersonic missiles, if this thing ends in my light switch doesn’t work anymore and my toilets don’t flush it’s not an American victory either…
    But I am often told that the Russian PEOPLE don't want a wider war - as if that actually makes a difference

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think it's a little early to be declaring a Russian defeat.
    Who is declaring that? Not I. I didn't see that in the article.

This opinion piece was talking about one particular aspect of the Russians tactics, ie air power. I read it, found it informative. Even he admits that he could be wrong, Russian air power may yet dominate the sky.

But, I think the analysis is sound, which is good news for us, because we've got logistics down pretty well. Open up our oil and NG extraction, we'll be kings of the world again. (Once king, we shall the world to F off, and keep their petty disputes over there. ie LEAVE US THE F ALONE)

Now a plot right out of Bond (well in this case, whoever is the Russian James Bond LOL) would be a private corporation launching their own attacks against the Russian forces, using delivery planes and fuel/air bombs to wreck havoc.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Whatever the final results, it is ALREADY a Russian defeat

That depends what our economy and the west's economy end up looking like relative to Russia's.

With China willing to build a new trade system, payment system, and supply basically everything they need... I think it's far too early to tell.

We cut our nose off to spite our face and without some excellent policy moves, we're going to be hurting extremely bad.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Just watched FOX they seem surprised the Russians are cruel ?

So I guess FOX news doesn’t look at history books.

Yeager going to the fight I seem to remember some video from IRAQ with him it.

Well good luck to him and his buddies hope they don’t get captured. I don’t think the Commies will take lightly Mercians fighting in Ukraine?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    That depends what our economy and the west's economy end up looking like relative to Russia's.

With China willing to build a new trade system, payment system, and supply basically everything they need... I think it's far too early to tell.

We cut our nose off to spite our face and without some excellent policy moves, we're going to be hurting extremely bad.
    We are going to be hurt badly no matter what at this point.
    Putin could cease to exist,Russia could withdraw all troops,and it would actually change very little.
    The damage to trade,financial systems,dollar,and global markets is on its own path at this point.
    A few million margin calls will do that,as will limiting the US dollar via SWIFT. We did really screw up this time. Beyond any screw up since 1913.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    We are going to be hurt badly no matter what at this point.
    Putin could cease to exist,Russia could withdraw all troops,and it would actually change very little.
    The damage to trade,financial systems,dollar,and global markets is on its own path at this point.
    A few million margin calls will do that,as will limiting the US dollar via SWIFT. We did really screw up this time. Beyond any screw up since 1913.

Hey, Biden wanted to leave a legacy...

4ca47b.jpg

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Ukrainian servicemen and fleeing residents described ferocious fighting on Kyiv’s northwestern edge Monday that could soon spread to the besieged capital.

“There is real street fighting now,” a Ukrainian paratrooper lieutenant who agreed to be identified as Stas told AFP in the flashpoint town of Irpin.

Bursts of automatic gunfire and blasts of exploding shells rang out as he spoke on the 12th day of the Russian invasion.

“In some places, there is hand-to-hand combat,” said Stas.

“There is a huge column, 200 men, 50 light armoured vehicles, several tanks,” he said of the Russian threat.

“We are trying to push them out, but I don’t know if we’ll be fully able to do it. The situation is very unstable.”

Zelenskyy ought to challenge Putin to a duel...

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just watched FOX they seem surprised the Russians are cruel ?

So I guess FOX news doesn’t look at history books.

Yeager going to the fight I seem to remember some video from IRAQ with him it.

Well good luck to him and his buddies hope they don’t get captured. I don’t think the Commies will take lightly Mercians fighting in Ukraine?
    I think Russia has already given a warning that any foreign fighters who are thinking about entering the fray will not be treated kindly if captured or something to that effect.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes, I guess it's why he's not afraid to go.

Hopefully he comes back, he's a good man.
    Yeah I’ve been somewhat critical of some of the things he’s done but I never hated him or wished him any ill will.

If he feels like he would rather take the chance and go out in what he believes to be an honorable way by training others to “stay in the fight” while he still can instead of possibly whithering away from a degenerative disease then I’m not gonna find fault with the guy and I’ll wish him well.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Russia says oil will heat 300 a barrel of the west won’t buy Russian oil. Almost sounds like they have some back room deals set up to squeeze America if we stop buying.

Anyone got a beater with a heater they are looking to get rid of ?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Russia says oil will heat 300 a barrel of the west won’t buy Russian oil. Almost sounds like they have some back room deals set up to squeeze America if we stop buying.

Anyone got a beater with a heater they are looking to get rid of ?
    You can pretty much bet that Putin has taken some steps to in order to address the effects of the sanctions. Sure, he knows the Russian economy will take a hit, but he also knows that we will too. The more Biden tries to ratchet up things like blocking the free flow of US global backed currency through SWIFT and contemplating the freeze on Russian oil the worse it will get for our already fragile economy.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom