• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    My understanding is that even Staccato uses/used MIM parts?

Is that correct @Dean Crail ?

I email Staccato to ask , if mim is involved it's my understanding that it is the Grip Safety , Ambi Safety and potentially slide stop. All other parts are forged or machined. Have not taken off the Ambi safety or grip safety but there are no cast markings or MIM markings on my slide stop. Info on MIM parts is from old forum posts from 2010~ nothing about what Staccato is using now.

Edit: I want to say in a Hilton Yam 10:8 video he talks about it but I cannot find it currently.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you guys need me, I'll be camping outside ZX Guns waiting to buy a Prodigy at 10am tomorrow....
    I’m setting here thinking about those pistols… I looked at so many I hope I didn’t mis-lead anyone. Don’t hold me to the price… seriously! I very well could be wrong and if I am I’m sorry! I’m trying to remember exactly what they said. I should‘ve taken a picture of the damn things. Unfortunately there was a situation taking place at the time with a “delivery” driver and he was creating a bunch of noise and making a scene. They should have keelhauled his arse out the door.
    Sorry to derail the thread!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I remember CM telling me about MIM.
    Shoot em until they fail and replace them with good quality parts.
    The vast majority of gun owners won't shoot out their (good quality) MIM parts.

They are far better today than the first ones that started showing up in SW revolvers - yet a lot of those are still going strong.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’m setting here thinking about those pistols… I looked at so many I hope I didn’t mis-lead anyone. Don’t hold me to the price… seriously! I very well could be wrong and if I am I’m sorry! I’m trying to remember exactly what they said. I should‘ve taken a picture of the damn things. Unfortunately there was a situation taking place at the time with a “delivery” driver and he was creating a bunch of noise and making a scene. They should have keelhauled his arse out the door.
    Sorry to derail the thread!
    Don't worry, worst case I come collect $200 from you. :dunno:

Roanoke isn't that far from me......:bat:

Just kidding, all in good fun!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I email Staccato to ask , if mim is involved it's my understanding that it is the Grip Safety , Ambi Safety and potentially slide stop. All other parts are forged or machined. Have not taken off the Ambi safety or grip safety but there are no cast markings or MIM markings on my slide stop. Info on MIM parts is from old forum posts from 2010~ nothing about what Staccato is using now.

Edit: I want to say in a Hilton Yam 10:8 video he talks about it but I cannot find it currently.
    I think it would be cool if someone local gets a Prodigy and could meet up with you for an in-person comparison and test firing. It's great to watch videos online, but we don't really know those folks (well most of us don't I guess).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The vast majority of gun owners won't shoot out their (good quality) MIM parts.

They are far better today than the first ones that started showing up in SW revolvers - yet a lot of those are still going strong.
    That was pretty much what CM told me.
    I'll probably shot my 1911's around 2k a year with current prices so they won't be in much danger of wearing out.
    If they do ill just take it to my gunsmith have him replace them with forged parts.
    I'm not sure how the Ronin is built. I imagine my RIA 10mm has MIM parts.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Takeaway from all these videos is if you buy one of these just order a stronger recoil spring.
    That is my takeaway also.

While I would look at the 4.25 model, I don't see any issue that would prevent me from purchasing a 5". Personally, I would rather have a 2011/1911 that is fit a little too tight than one that opens up the specifications to permit it to run regardless of the diet it is feed.

The most recent video said he runs 124s but didn't mention brand which makes think another reloader? The recoil impulse of the gun in the video looked pretty tame which could be mild reloads or he is just a big dude that holds on to the gun...

Top Bottom