2013-02-09_22-29-24_7441_zps6030649a.jpg

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Ruger

Congrats Sir! They are Sweet!! I have a good friend with one and I love it and have one on my wishlist too! I prefer the commander but I would take the government for sure!!!

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Gander Mountain in Greenwood has had them for the last month or so. I was in on Thursday, and they still had 1. I bought one for Christmas for 799 and just love it. I looked for almost 2 years before I got mine. I absolutely love it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Said Ruger 1911 I mentioned earlier, the one that has already been rebarreled by Ruger because they couldn't run a finishing reamer through the chamber, well....had a 1911 gunsmith pick it apart after I shout it at 20 yards and was lucky to keep a 10" spread, so he found......

When Ruger rebarreled it, the probably used the same barrel bushing and the replacement barrel was smaller diameter than the original barrel.

They also probably used the existing barrel link because the impact of the firing pin on the primer was always high.

Take the slide off, put the barrel in, WAY too much lateral play. Real awful work.

Extractor is was too long and he couldn't figure out why they tried to (failed in the process) shave the extractor down instead of just replacing it, and it wasn't even cut right so he included a diagram of how a proper 1911 extractor is supposed to look and measure.

We'll see what Ruger does the second time around. The slide and frame still had terrible fit and actually was looser on one side than the other. Gunsmith told Ruger this pistol was a POS and just needed replaced, kind of curious if they do. He's had to work on other Ruger 1911s before and said this one was way out of the norm.

I'm still not impressed by them. Just another company putting out a 1911, kind of like ARs. But oh well.....some people have loyalties

And that damn warning label......:xmad:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The damn warning label that you can only see if you turn the gun upside down? Big deal

I still like to think firearms are works of art, fine pieces of machinery that have had a lot of thought and engineering behind them. Not a billboard for danger. I hate guns with warning labels, newer Rugers, HKs, some Smiths with no mag safety, hell I hate Hillary holes and Taurus locks because they're not traditional.

I once asked a Savage rep if I send in my Mark II and paid them if they could grind my warning label off, unfortunately he said they probably wouldn't to it.

I have 3 guns with warning labels on them. My Mark II, a SP101, and a 10/22. The Rugers were free and the Mark II was cheap as a host gun for a can. I still hate those labels, just takes away a lot from the guns.

Top Bottom